The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the Gang of Eight’s immigration bill on Tuesday. It will go to the Senate floor after the Memorial Day recess. Heritage has pointed out the problems with this “comprehensive” approach — including the staggering costs of amnesty and a failure to secure the border.
SHARE this infographic to spread the word about immigration reform that works.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- Two “terrorists wielding a machete and a cleaver hacked a soldier to death on a busy London street Wednesday while yelling ‘Allahu Akbar,’” reports Fox News.
- President Obama will give a national security speech today addressing drones and Guantanamo Bay.
- Lois Lerner, head of the IRS division that approves tax-exempt status for groups, is facing scrutiny that reaches into her past.
- The IRS scandal raises serious questions about the Internet sales tax.
- Heritage’s Derrick Morgan responds today to criticism of Heritage’s study on the cost of amnesty.
- Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld will speak at Heritage today about his new book, Rumsfeld’s Rules. Watch live at noon ET.