• The Holes in the CIA’s Benghazi Timeline

In yet another attempt to counter the mounting evidence against the Obama Administration in the handling of the September 11 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, the CIA last Friday leaked a timeline of events to foreign policy columnist David Ignatius.

The CIA version makes its actions seem appropriate if insufficient. It did not take long, however, for Fox News reporters to start shooting holes in it.

It should be noted that the CIA personnel on the ground in Benghazi performed heroically, coming to the rescue of State Department personnel who ought to have been protected by State Department security but were not. Three of those heroes lost their lives as they fought to protect others.

Specifically, the CIA statement says that at 9:40 p.m., the first call for assistance came from a senior State Department official at the U.S consulate in Benghazi. According to Fox, Blue Mountain Security, in charge of local forces to guard the consulate perimeter, made calls on two-way radios and cell phones to colleagues in Benghazi, warning them of problems an hour before the CIA claims. A source says that the Blue Mountain Security chief seemed “distraught,” saying “the situation here is very serious, we have a problem.” Security experts evaluating the Benghazi security arrangements noted that the security staff had seemed “complacent” and “didn’t seem to follow the normal American way of securing a facility”—specifically, not even fire-proofing the embassy’s safe room or providing proper ventilation, which appears to have been the immediate cause of death for Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

According to the CIA, at 11:11 p.m., an unarmed Predator drone arrived over the consulate compound, providing real-time video of the attack as it was unfolding. No armed aerial support was ever called in, yet Fox reports that both American and British sources say that there were other capabilities in the region that were not used: “There were not only armed drones that monitor Libyan chemical weapon sites in the area, but also F-18’s, AC-130 aircraft, and even helicopters that could have been dispatched in a timely fashion.”

The CIA states that at 1:00 a.m., a team of additional security personnel from Tripoli landed at the Benghazi airport and attempted to find a ride into town. The team from Tripoli finally arrived at the CIA annex at 5:04 a.m. At 5:15, the terrorists launched a second attack against the annex. A Fox source wonders, “Why would they put a ragtag team together in Tripoli as first responders? This is not even what they do for a living. We had a first responder air base in Italy almost the same distance away.” Additionally, British forces were on the ground in Benghazi, with more people than the Americans, frustrated on not being called on to help.

Eventually, the Libyan forces (who were supposed to have come to the aid of the embassy personnel) showed up and led the evacuation of the remaining staff. We now know that Ambassador Stevens cabled the State Department the morning of the attack, telling them of his belief that the Libyans had been infiltrated by the enemy.

At this point, the Obama Administration has lost credibility on Benghazi across the board, as misinformation and contradictions have piled up day after day. The CIA timeline fits into this pattern.

Posted in Featured [slideshow_deploy]

12 Responses to The Holes in the CIA’s Benghazi Timeline

1. liberalliars says:

typical of this administration, last night America lost its moral compass.

• @ermims says:

Taking that a step further, I think the election showed us just how many Americans had already lost their moral compass.

• Tkpisces says:

Last night its compass began reading Left by Left/Left.

Yeah, we're in a not too pretty place. But but but… FREEEEEEE STUFFFFFFFFF !!!!

2. FrusatratedInPA says:

In the "Leopard", Lampedusa wrote: "But was it the truth? Nowhere does the truth have such short a life as in Sicily; a fact has scarcely happened five minutes before its genuine kernal has vanished, been camouflaged, embellished, annihilated by imagination and self-interest." He could have easily been writing about Obama and his administration. Four more years? Lord help us.

• Chairman Darrell Issa, House Oversight Committee should do a good job. I watched some of their hearings and he seems fair, I just wouldn’t make him mad. I just want them to make sure this committee has everything in order, the right information and enough information to take them all down for what they did. The full story has yet to come out. When it does the American people will be shocked!

3. Bobbie says:

America doesn't accept cover ups. America does not accept indecencies and inhumanities from anyone but way beneath the standard of America's own presidency! There's no excuse for this gross dereliction. Those that know and have the truth need to come forward so America can take appropriate and necessary actions to correct the negligence and incompetence from the acts and inactions of those in charge straight from the top down that led to this horrific tragedy. Taking time to waste on inconsistencies is a charge of it's own.

Reprimand for the government folks guilty is rightly appropriate as the example of America's strong stance on respect and value for humanity wrongly taken by the poor judgment of an unfit, uncivil government in control. How dare this happen! This isn't about Obama faking who he is. This is about Obama showing who he is and four American men left to assume their protection yet attacked by terrorism once trusting obama had their six LONG BEFORE!!! I can't stand that saying since it sounded off by fakes and frauds of fame.

4. Perplexed says:

The people who voted for Obama must have a political IQ of 4. Obama is the least qualified individual to have ever occupied the white house. I wish I could perform that poorly at my job and still be employed. Lastly, this is the most corrupt admin in history and they have the anti-American media in bed with them! Welcome to the new Amerika, the land of no opportunity and plenty of corruption.

5. Lloyd Scallan says:

Benghazi, Fast and Furious, Green Energy, what difference will it make to learn the truth now? Do we conservatives not yet realize Tuesday night the "big one" was dropped on us? We lost the America we grew up in. Even if someone would find proof that Obama himself was in Benghazi that night fighting against Americans, the media would not cover it and most important, this American will do nothing about it. Face the fact, It's over!

6. Jeanne Stotler says:

Somebody better wakeup before it’s too late. I’ve voted in every election, national and local, since I was 21,(legal voting age then). I also have voted in the same place for the last 22 years and NEVER seen as many peple as I saw last Tuesday, nor have I ever seen preparation so lacking. I was greatly surprised to see the outcome yesterday as the majorty of people I talked to were not for OBAMA and then read about votes not counted yet, Oh Well!! more fraud, bought votes and what do you expect? I’ll keep my other thouhts and observations to myself, but I will say, i dd not look smell right.

7. Todd says:

Benghazi is a dead issue. We might as well not even discuss it any further. Just like Fast and Furious. The American people could care less unless it impacts on their government handouts.

The media has thrown those stories in the trash and Obama has been validated by the american electorate on his conduct in office.

8. Philip says:

I am ashamed, and I am embarrassed to be American. I spent 37 years in service to my country and countrymen. Knowing what I know now, I would have taken a more prosperous direction in my life. My country's President has failed us and the misery index will rise for everyone. Tragic……people voted like they were voting for an American Idol contestant instead of a national leader and problem fixer and one who's supposed to unite the country, not divide it.

9. Stopspeculating says:

“It should be noted that the CIA personnel on the ground in Benghazi performed heroically.” How do you know, were you there? A lot of secret stuff happened but we should just accept it as a covert action that went awry. My guess is that the ambassador which should have remained in the very secure consulate or better yer, embassy in Tripoli rather than go to an unprotected compound miles away, decided to personally supervise the gun running. Yes, millions of guns have been funneled into Lybia by the USA to promote the revolt against Gaddafi. Ambassadors are supposed to be diplomats, not gun runners and I suspect that he engaged in the activity without State Dept. permission. Once he got caught, there was no deniability, and trying to land American forces there could have created another “Black hawk down” where a lot of soldiers might have been killed trying to rescue one out of control ambassador. I am sure that the drone overhead gave Washington a very good picture of the risk on the ground and they probably decided that the ambassador was expendable.