• Senator Marco Rubio: 'I Turn to Heritage Libertad'

Liberals are bent on making Hispanics, the fastest growing demographic, supporters of big government.  Unfortunately, a recent poll by FOX News Latino reveals that liberals are succeeding.  According to the poll, President Obama has a six-to-one advantage against his Republican rivals among Hispanics.

And yet, here at The Heritage Foundation, we refuse to believe that Hispanics are a monolithic group.

What’s missing in the Hispanic community is policy content and research grounded in liberty.  Many Hispanics have not made the connection that economic freedom, a strong national defense and a strong civil society are responsible in creating the freest and most prosperous country the world has ever known.

This is precisely why we launched Heritage Libertad in order to provide daily Spanish language content of our work, including analysis and research in the form of blog posts, issue briefs, graphs, charts and videos.  We are proud of leading the conservative movement in taking our work to Hispanics by connecting with Tea Party groups, congressional hill offices and becoming a regular voice more and more Spanish language radio, television and newspaper outlets.

Our work is not going unnoticed and is why we are pleased to count on the support of Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), a leader in the conservative movement representing the people of Florida in the United States Senate.

Heritage Libertad is proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with Senator Marco Rubio in taking our message of hope and freedom to Hispanics everywhere.

Israel Ortega is the Editor of Heritage Libertad, www.libertad.org, the Spanish language page of The Heritage Foundation.  You can follow him on Twitter: @IzzyOrtega

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

8 Responses to Senator Marco Rubio: 'I Turn to Heritage Libertad'

1. Bobbie says:

Where there's truth there's Heritage. Where there are men and women who exemplify the personal quality in dignity is where good people turn! Only seen in Republicans. No where else! Common sense and logic work well but once it's avoided from the abuses of government control, we all fall down! God Bless you, Mr. Rubio! You're a man of inner strength and courage with all the qualities of good, one can have!

2. I understand that you want to reach out to the Hispanic community and that it's very important to inform the Hispanic community that the path, the Liberals want to go, will end up in America becoming a country like the one, these people (or their parents and grandparents) left because America was and is the better choice. And I also understand, that -unfortunately- you must use the Spanish language to reach this community. BUT: this is not the solution for the long run. The Hispanic community must recognize, that the language of America was English, is English and will remain English (I hope…) and that they have to learn this language in the same way any other immigrant did and still does (so did I) and that the "official" communication MUST be in English (which does not mean, that they should not speak Spanish -or any other language,depending from which country the immigrants came- with family or friends – so do I). So, on the long run, I don't think that a special channel is the right way to go. BTW: I also oppose "Hispanic" or "African American" Chambers of Commerce. IMO, we are all Americans and ONE Chamber should serve all of us (just one example)

• Bobbie says:

this isn't the long run. And THIS isn't government control forcing tax monies to pay for Heritage Libertad!

I agree with your BTW though!

There shouldn't have ever been or be today any American tax monies promoting by degradation, names of peoples' nationalities and programs that encourages, assists or abets any one "nationality" over anyone elses! Lots of costs are rightfully necessary to eliminate with necessary government reform who just can't do the job that's expected of them or take accountability for what they've done! Which reigns in the majority of the democratic party who couldn't win an honest election without bribing those they think they can which of course, isn't honest! This is just a touch of the amount of corruption in democratic voting!

3. SARA says:

U.S. Senator,

Thank you so much for being a "regular guy." I am so thankful for you. I am a regular, common person and I care about my country and fellow man! i don't believe in lies or the "spin." I'm at a lost for understanding a lot of things.I need so much and our Country needs SO much, just some people toTell the truth and keep it straight; I can understand that! Thank you. My personal, spiritual vibe is your interview on stand up dude Sean Hannity was upright, —-We need help—hit the lies and hit them hard. WE NEED HELP—this wonderful country!!! Some said you aren't ready—I disagree–I need Strong, Independent person to take a hard look at commonality of man! My last comment is AMERICA IS BEAUTIFUL and anybody who doesn't believe that should be given paid passage to WHATEVER COUNTRY OF THEIR CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Joseph W. Radcliff says:

WHy haven't you used this? "I-635 in Texas is being rebuilt with underground tolls from I-35 to I-45
      and is contracted to a CHINESE firm for over $5 billion.
      Diane Sawyer reporting on U.S. projects going to the Chinese…. NOT Americans.
      The new bridges are here in the U.S. and yet Obama has approved for Chinese contractors to come
      in and do the work. What about jobs for Americans???
      U.S.A.Bridges and Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms reported by ABC – -
      The lead-in with Obama promising jobs in the U.S. by improving our infrastructure is so typical of all his promises!
      Our tax dollars are at work – for CHINA !!!

5. Dorothy Jean says:

So who can solve the problems? US Marshall, National Gaurd? Politicians sure aren't doing it. Fire Boehner for helpng the communist-socialists?

I can't finance this. I'm going broke buying stamps for petitions, etc. I'm on poverty level social security and helpng two grown children and their families survive on my farm. I am praying. Wish everybody was.

Also concerned about people who are eager to vote for Hillary in place of Obama..

6. Gail W. Berrall says:

Would someone please comment on the new move, '2016, Obama,s America" I know it is based on a book but is it truthful and worth seeing? Thank you. Gail Berrall

7. Shirley Freeman says:

Dear Senator Rubio, Great to hear a few days ago that you are leading a group to develop a GOP vision and policy for Immigration Reform. As part of your policy, I would ask special consideration for the well-being of the American-born children of illegal immigrant families. It would be grievous if these U.S. citizens were deprived either of their U.S. heritage and resources, or of their family nourishment and support, either through their own deportation with their families, or through deportation of their families, leaving them alone, without parents and siblings, in the USA.