• Learn More About 9/11 and Its Aftermath

September 11, 2001: the single worst terrorist attack any country has suffered in modern times. Few Americans will ever forget where they were when they got word that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. In an instant, our nation was changed forever.

Over the next week and a half, we invite you to join Heritage in remembering and reflecting on that fateful day.

On Wednesday, September 7, The Heritage Foundation will offer a special screening of the film The Path to 9/11 in its entirety. The subject of great political controversy, this two-part docudrama has never been re-aired or released to DVD since it was first shown five years ago.

Then, on Thursday, September 8, join us for the public event “The Future of Terrorism: Combating the Next Wave” with special guests Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, director of the Center for the Study of Terrorist Radicalization at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies; Mary R. Habeck, associate professor of strategic studies at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University; and Heritage’s own Lisa Curtis, senior research fellow in the Asian Studies Center.

Finally, on Tuesday, September 13, join us as distinguished legal scholars John Yoo, Nadine Strossen, and Ed Meese provide their reflections on the 9/11 tragedy and its aftermath and discuss their own and others’ contributions to “Confronting Terror,” a unique collection of essays from principled supporters and critics of the law and policy of the war on terrorism.

On the eve of the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks, it is important to take stock of what we must due to ensure that America never experiences another such attack.

To also learn more on protecting the nation in the war against terrorists, take a minute to visit our latest reports: “Homeland Security 4.0: Overcoming Centralization, Complacency, and Politics” and “A Counterterrorism Strategy for the ‘Next Wave.’”

Posted in Featured [slideshow_deploy]

6 Responses to Learn More About 9/11 and Its Aftermath

1. Mutantone says:

With all the restrictions being placed on the participation in the 9/11 memorial event perhaps people should be exposed tot he truth about it with this presentation being shown on network Television

2. Jeanne Stotler says:

I was in my kitchen, the Today Show was on and I had just finished feeding the three day care kids when Matt Lauer said a plane had hit one of the towers and they were turning the cameras around. I turned to look at the TV just in time to see the second plane hit thencame word about the Pentegon. My youngest son had left about 30 min earlier and his route takes him right next to Pentegon on I95, for the next four hours I felt panic, we got grkids from school, parents of daycare kids called they couldn't get out of D.C., son finally clled and said he was next tobuild. when plane struck but could not turn around and would wait awhile to get home,friends and another son called, their homes shook from impact, kids in Fla. called asking about brothers. It's a day I'll never forget.

3. WHICH WAY says:

Just a question….I do not see any muslim names in the list of people who can give the inside story of the muslim world view that we are dealing with.

4. Diane says:

How will we ever feel safe again when our government keeps inviting middle eastern people to our country? They hate us and our culture. Why would they come here? I love my country and my culture and I know I would never leave it to go to noe I hate. Why do we let them in? and why do they want to be here?

5. Steve S. says:

It is much worse than that. If you cannot name the threat, you cannot hope to defeat it. This is where we are (still). Few (in Government) have the fortitude or inclination to do so.

6. Isabella says:

I'm with you Diane — – time to get OUR country back!!!