• VIDEO: Muslims in America - Thoughts on the King Hearings

A couple weeks ago, the House Homeland Security Committee, under the leadership of Rep. Peter King (R-NY), held hearings on radicalization in American Muslim communities.

It was hardly the replay of the McCarthy hearings that many on the left had hoped for.  And so, aside from Rep Ellison’s tearful testimony, the hearing itself received less extensive press coverage than the lead up.  The upside to this is that the Committee had the opportunity to do just as Mr. King suggested: look dispassionately at radicalization – a problem many Muslims themselves will tell you greatly concerns them.  The downside is that some of the more thoughtful testimony – like that of Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, a Muslim himself, was not given the attention it deserved.

Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, MD, President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD) dropped by The Heritage Foundation following his testimony to chat with Heritage experts.  We took the opportunity to record his answers to a few questions and share them with visitors to The Foundry.

Posted in Legal [slideshow_deploy]

7 Responses to VIDEO: Muslims in America - Thoughts on the King Hearings

1. Paul Rinderle says:

Why does Mr. Jasser belong to this proven beyond any doubt Terror Cult masquerading as a religion would be my first question?

I accept no denials/rebuttal of my premise. The facts are 100% indisputable. Islam = Terror and a cult to its very own, under threat of death do they part plus honor killing their own and murdering infidels. Turkey 99.8% Muslim. You have to be out of your mind to say that a totally Christian Nation at one time was proslytized let alone other former Christian Nations. Never has this world wrought such evil other than the Devil himself.

Tell Mr. Jasser to leave this cult or is he in fear of his very life? He will have to answer that and I'm positve it will be only in solitude.

If you care for the person tell them to leave this terror cult organization.

2. Pingback: VIDEO: Muslims in America – Thoughts on the King Hearings | Big Propaganda

3. Jack Hansen, Fort My says:

This needs to be known because over-generalization is always wrong and leads to an injustice of innocent people.

4. Stirling, Pennsylvan says:

I applaud the hearings for the reason we need to remove the fear of being "politically correct" about anything to do with muslims. Unless you know clearly the problems you face, you will never be able to respond in a meaningful way if issues should arrise. This should be seen as carring about the welfare of muslims who truely care about America, because it will show how those who wish to do our country harm differ from the peaceful muslims. Truth is what all religions strive for, which is why those who impersonate real religion wish to hide themselves from it.

5. R Holland, Chandler, says:

It all leads around to a final conclusion that Islam is the most dangerous thing on earth. A religion of oppression and submission.

6. fish says:

Actually, I have never had a Muslem try to convert me to their religion, and I was married to one for 10 years. I have never heard of a Muslem organization or political group try to keep me from private issues with my doctor, or try to change my childrens textbooks. I have never seen a Muslem group insist on posting their religious quotes in our court rooms, town halls, schools or money. Muslems are not the ones bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors.

Even though there have been terrorist acts committed on US soild by Muslems, the level of violence within the Christian community is far greater.

I think that some people of the Christian faith are the ones that need to look at themselves and their own public policies. It is actually Christians who impose their beliefs on the rest of us and claim that their holly book requiers it.

It is the Muslems I know who are kind, giving and considerate. Given a choice, I would prefer Muslem families as neighbors simply because I have never had any issues with them at all. And I do know a lot of Muslems. I am not a believer in any religion, but I have a great deal of respect for Muslems.

7. Bobbie says:

Muslims do show signs of converting the world as their beliefs and actions are prominent to state. What religion does what you suggest Muslims don't and what does anybody's beliefs except those that threaten human life, matter? Muslims are imposing Shariah law in America's court rooms. Why did Muslims go out of their way to immigrate to America BUT to cause trouble and impose their uncivil law along with their religious beliefs? Muslim is a foreign religion and show favor to their foreign law! They are indecent to come here and threaten America's laws civilly established, equally applied!

I don't hear anyone from the true Christian faith threatening the world with violence and outrage. Can you name one? True Christianity has a desire for peace for all mankind as Jesus Christ shows. There are those that use personal blasphemous version of Christianity by name, Jeremiah Wright who preaches hatred of white people? No acknowledgement of anything good of the white man? But that doesn't stop Jeremiah and the like minded from taking away all the white man did that was good and pretend they did it? Doesn't care about the white man but to hate his existence!? Even though it was the black man that enslaved black people initially,some "black reverends" won't forgive whitey? hmm? No acceptance! No inner strength? No follower of Christ! Jeremiah Wright and the like minded, chose the path of weakness and show it every time they spew their hatred.

What public policies are Christian? What does their "holy book" require?

I'd like to know from Mr. Jasser what his definition of terrorism, terrorist is and if he admits that anyone doing uncivil acts humanly claimed in the name of God, is terrorism?

America has been wronged to allow anyone into this country that doesn't believe in civil law. Many people hide behind their religion and express their weakness through their petty intolerances and their cruel and uncivil punishments as if they neglect to accept the fact of God's judgment. That's okay, they may think they're God, but the true God Almighty, won't leave the teachings of infidels out on judgment day!