• Fire NPR

National Public Radio’s dismissal of Juan Williams is a powerful indictment of NPR’s practices and corporate culture. Small wonder voices are once again calling for the federal government to defund NPR—which gets 16% of its budget from tax payers. The Heritage Foundation has long called for such defunding.

A veteran journalist, Williams is a liberal with whom I disagree more often than not. His integrity, his bravery, his refusal to be intimidated by peer pressure cannot be doubted, however. He has written thoughtful books on the civil rights movement and also dared speak to the African-American community about how dysfunctional family structures and devaluation of education and morality can produce and perpetuate crime and poverty. His commitment to improving opportunities for minorities even led him to agree to narrate a Heritage Foundation documentary on the demise of the DC Opportunity Scholarship Program.

He was fired last night because of comments he made on the Bill O’Reilly show on Fox News. He told O’Reilly on Monday’s show how he feels when he’s on a plane:

I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they’re identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.

But Williams was obviously saying one must get beyond one’s very reasonable fears, as he also said:

If you said Timothy McVeigh, the Atlanta bomber, these people who are protesting against homosexuality at military funerals, very obnoxious, you don’t say first and foremost, we got a problem with Christians. That’s crazy.

And this:

But I’m saying, we don’t want in America, people to have their rights violated to be attacked on the street because they heard a rhetoric from Bill O’Reilly and they act crazy.

So how could NPR consider Williams’ comments a firable offense?

Well, NPR has come under withering criticism from leftist flanks, such as Media Matters, for allowing a Fox News Commentator to stay on air. And in fact, it never sat well with NPR’s own staff that Williams appeared regularly on Fox, as we can see from this Ombudsman report from Feb. 11, 2009.

Other NPR journalists are free to spew their liberal views on other cable networks without presenting a problem, however. Nina Totenberg certainly didn’t get fired when she said on air in 2003 about Gen. William Boykin “I hope he’s not long for this world,” because he talked about a Christian crusade.

But then again, this is the same Totenberg who in 1995 had this horrific thing to say about Sen. Jesse Helms, “If there’s retributive justice, he’ll get AIDS from a transfusion or one of his grandchildren will get it.”

And Scott Simon also still has his job after saying of Mother Theresa, the day after she died: “She accepted millions for her missions from the dictatorial Duvalier family in Haiti, and from convicted savings and loan executive Charles Keating in the United States.”

And, of course, the late Daniel Schorr enjoys sainted status at NPR. Yet as George Will recently recalled:

On the eve of the convention that nominated Goldwater, Daniel Schorr of CBS, “reporting” from Germany, said: “It looks as though Sen. Goldwater, if nominated, will be starting his campaign here in Bavaria, center of Germany’s right wing” and “Hitler’s one-time stomping ground.” Goldwater, said Schorr, would be vacationing near Hitler’s villa at Berchtesgaden. Schorr further noted that Goldwater had given an interview to Der Spiegel “appealing to right-wing elements in Germany” and had agreed to speak to a gathering of “right-wing Germans.” So, “there are signs that the American and German right wings are joining up.”

But as Andrew Ferguson of The Weekly Standard has reported, although Goldwater had spoken vaguely about a European vacation (he did not take one), he had not mentioned Germany, and there were no plans to address any German group. Der Spiegel had reprinted an interview that had appeared elsewhere.

And this is the same NPR that hired Peter Overby from the very leftist group Common Cause to arbiter which party sins the most in its funding. Overby has been doing overtime lately carrying the White House’s water on a funding “scandal” most other news outlets have declared hogwash.

Surprised? You shouldn’t be. This is NPR. And you help pay for it.

NPR is currently in the middle of its “pledge week,” during which they ask their audience for money. It is a business model that was recently praised by none other than Craiglist founder Craig Newmark, who said this month, “I have a feeling that membership models and philanthropy models will be stronger than advertising-supported models.” I agree. All the more reason for conservative Americans to no longer be asked to fund coverage they find slanted.

You can follow Mike Gonzalez on Twitter @Gundisalvus

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

50 Responses to Fire NPR

1. Jim Kin, Mount Verno says:

Support for both NPR and CPB (PBS) should be left to the states. The misuse for national opinion shaping has been irresistible, and will continue to be so. Since these outlets are opinionated, let the folks who approve of the opinions support them, rather than gerrymandering a minority mandate upon the national meme.

2. fleeceme, Virginia says:

I have always wanted de-funding of NPR. Something about conflict of interest, just can't put my finger on it. (sarcasm)

But of course, they will argue, they are the only counter to the conservative talk radio pundits who spew their hateful rhetoric daily to the weak-minded Americans stupid enough to listen. Blah, blah, blah. Capitalism 101, supply and demand. Rush doesn't need a government subsidy. NPR does.

3. Natalie Katz says:

NPR is anti-American, anti-Constitution… They no longer belong in our great country. Its time that they be silenced!

4. michelle brooks says:

Mr Williams unease seeing one in traditional muslim garb would be no better than Couric saying, "I cross to the other side of the street when i see a big black man walking towards me"

Those are statements of fear, not political incorrectness.

Mr Williams signed a contract with an Ethics Code http://www.npr.org/about/aboutnpr/ethics/ethics_c… he broke that contract.—-Probably to go full time with Fox

5. Jack Mullins, Phoeni says:

Enough liberal B.S. at taxpayer expense. Defund NPR, PBS and The National Endowment for the Arts.

6. Abby, Washington DC says:

Check out H.R. 5538 by Rep. Doug Lamborn (CO-05). He introduced a bill back in June 2010 to defund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting from all taxpayer-funded subsidies. His website is lamborn.house.gov

7. Mike LoCascio, Valle says:

There is a double standard out there and there is nothing we could do about it…yet. Perhaps one day. I do not agree with Juan Williams on many of his views, but I believe that Mr Williams speaks from his heart. I like the way he presents his views making me always re-think my positions and views. I think it's time for NPR to close it's doors. Today, unlike when NPR first came into existence, there are many avenues to get the news. The fact that NPR pushes a "liberal" point of view and openly shuns conservative reporting is no clearer than now and on the issue of Mr Williams' firing. All I have to say to him is that there are plenty of better places to work, even a Chilean has to be better.

8. SC says:

I like and respect Mr. Williams even though I disagree with him a lot of the time. NPR is once again exposed for who they are. I'm glad American Democrats are supporting Mr. Williams even while Socialist/Progressive Democrats are not. Best wishes to Mr. Williams.

9. Janet Weaver New Tri says:

As a taxpayer of this country I would like to fire and dismantle NPR.. Never listen to it because of its liberal bias. I don't agree with 1/1000th of what they spew and do not want to fund it. Find a way to fund yourselves without tax money, if not BYE BYE!!!

10. byrdie, houston texa says:

Although I most times disagree with Jaun, He is a respectable man. He should have never been fired for this! what can we do? Jaun, Hang in there. There are people who are praying for you and yours.

11. JOhn, NE FLA says:

I was amazed at how tonight's network news programs edited and took Mr. Juan Williams comment way out of the context in which it was stated. This country's mainstream news media is nauseating. These people aren't reporters, they are Obamadenijad communistic mouth pieces.

12. Mike says:

We don't need NPR anymore – if we ever did. There is plenty of news sources..FM AM Broadcast networks, FOX, MSNBC, CNN, HLN etc. NPR is a perfect example of a government program that has long outlived its usefulness,yet continues to get funded. Enough is enough. If they want to spew their liberal word that is their right..but not with my money.

13. joan , new mexico says:

You didn't mention NPR"cultural analyst" Diane Rheems' jihad against the Bush administration the very day after 9/11/2001,( when the Clinton-Reno Justice Department / FBI was- for 8 years- too incompetent to investigate terrorists in our midst.)

NPR like NY Times is full of average – American hating elitist psychopaths (like Maureen Dowd's recent crazy attempt to portray the seriously troubled marilyn Monroe as an "intellectual" compared to conservative women). Juan needs to distance himself from these post menopausal harpies and other assorted annoying jackasses.

14. Bob Sheehan, Gambril says:

NPR should be ashamed, defunded from public subsidizing and contributors to their ad nauseum fundraisers should turn off support. This is the ultimate in political correctness run amuck.

15. Mark Hagebak says:

Good Day

What a sad day. I did not agree with Juan Williams on alot of issues. But he debated strongly for his views. Sounds like FOX has signed him into a expanded role? Can you believe that FOX is letting a Liberal have a forum???? They must be more forgiving than NPR!

Note to NPR. No more funding from the government. United Nations should also be on the list!

16. Richard Coleman Weat says:

Pledge Week – Begathon

17. Clarkesville Georgia says:

First let me say I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box but would like someone to help me with the question about Muslins and terroist.Terroist are Muslins and Muslins or terroist.They tell that all Muslins aren't terroist and I think that I might believe if if they can tell me how many karon's they have that they study the word from . Is there one for the Terroist Muslins and one for the non terroist muslins.. Does the Koran teach the same to all ? Please help me understand this ?.

18. Jim says:

Juan speaks from the heart. He is one of the best commentators on television. NPR should be fired. Let them back when they learn the meaning of free speech.

19. Ken, Illionios says:

Once again, if we say something about our fears, the liberals will call it racism. We have no freedom anymore when we cannot talk about our fears.

Here's my fear, that the Muslims will attack America again, this is when liberals wake up is when something happens.

We need to stand up and say what we feel and SCREW THE MUSLIM there nothing but a bunch of RACIST people, if you don't beleive there way your a pig. If that's not being Racist it called bing free to say something about others, but if a Pround American that says that, it's racist.

20. Richard Mumm, Cordov says:

I've always respected Juan Williams as a clear thinking left of center voice. By challenging the ideas of those a bit further to his right, as I am, I think Juan and others provide an invaluable service to our country and to conservatives. We have no more right to have our ideas unchallenged than do those on the left, and Juan has been an honest broker in the exchange. I believe that his separation from NPR, although nothing he sought, will prove an important step in his journey and will serve to enhance his stature as a thinker and as an honest voice on the American stage.

NPR has done themselves no service in this termination. They have simply retreated further into their bunker mentality, isolating themselves more completely from the arena of spirited intercourse with other agents of dissimilar ideas and persuasions. In the domain of political thought and commentary, enshrouding one’s self in ever thicker intellectual armor weighs down lofty thought and encumbers those thus covered with chains of immobility and enslavement to doctrine and dogma. Any victory they may be celebrating at their “purifying” excision of Mr. Williams from their midst will be short lived and the price they will pay will be continued diminished force of thought, emasculation of argument and ultimately loss of their audience and of their voice.

NPR is the poorer for their feckless actions.

21. Bill, New Jersey says:

I just set my stopwatch. Will someone please let me know when the President issues a statement on NPR's firing of Juan Williams. Maybe he could arrange a beer summit with Juan and that unpleasant woman from NPR. Please also let me know when Gloria Allred steps forward to handle Juan's lawsuit against NPR. Thanks all!

22. Joe Jenkins says:

I've fired NPR….NO MORE funds from this listener!!!!!

23. Robin Datta says:

I lived my first 24 years with them and I was nervous about them. That is why I came to this country and served in the uS Army. I was not nervous in the service.

24. Andrew Bloom, MA says:

I believe that NPR is an oasis of quality news and journalism in a wasteland of corporate-driven news. I am ambivalent about their firing Juan- I am still reading different opinions about it. All the attacks on NPR in light of the obviously biased news that gets put out on stations like FOX is quite interesting. Everyone has their opinion, and no one has a monopoly on being right. Better to talk with rather than at each other.

25. Zack says:

First, I agree with Andrew.

The same old typical rant that N.P.R. is liberal. Anything that doesn't fit into the perfect extreme conservative mold is liberal to conservatives. The liberal bias with N.P.R. and liberal media all together is a scapegoat for conservatives. Let's talk about that Liberal Media. Hmmm….. MSNBC and Sirius Left. Wow, that's alot of liberal media! And Fox News is fair and balanced right? I dare somebody to tell me that. No, go ahead confirm it…..

Also, for any Heritage Blogger and for anyone that takes this Website for credibility I find ammusing. Talk about bias media! Heritage is far from credible when it comes to facts.

With all the demonization of Muslims and 24/7 fear mongering in conservative media, i'm suprised that conservatives are still wathcing a network like Fox News that is funded by a Saudi oil tycoon Prince, named Alwaleed bin Talal(A MUSLIM), the largest shareholder outside the family of CEO Rupert Murdoch.

Also, Mr. Gonzalez is incorrent. No suprise coming from a "Heritage Blogger".

10% of N.P.R.'s funding is from grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a federally funded organization, not 16%. Not that it matters anyways, take away the federal funding, who cares!

Aside from Juan Williams getting interupted, silenced and basically told to shut up everytime he tries to give an opinion on fox news (because Hannity, Coulter, Beck, O'reily, and all the other idiots at fox news have no ability to debate or take in another opinion but there own), lets talk about why N.P.R. fired him..

William's comment-

"But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

-what the hell does that even mean? How is this not a racist comment? He gets worried because they are Muslims? Really? It's the same argument against the Mousque two blocks from ground zero. What does building a Mosque have to do with Ground Zero is any way, shape or form?

another William's comment-

"He said the war with Muslims, America's war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don't think there's any way to get away from these facts."

-what war with Muslims? Do you mean terrorists? How do you idiots not see that streotyping an entire culture in being at war "with them" or assuming all Muslims are "terroritsts" is not racist? Do you really not see it?

another William's comment-

Earlier, he had described US First-Lady Michelle Obama as "the black militant Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress"

-again, what the hell does that even mean? And again, comparring the first lady to a member of the Black Panther Party and "Black Militant"? Really Juan?

what if somone at MSNBC said "i just get nervous when I see white people on a plane with there t-shirt and ya know we are at war with white people" you guys would be FREAKING OUT! Besides, I dont think Juan Williams is racist but if you say RACIST comments on national tv you get fired. Plain and simple.

N.P.R. can do what ever the hell it wants to do under a "private" contract with Juan Williams. Again, they FIRED HIM FOR BEING AN IDIOT AND MAKING BIGOTED, RACIST, IGNORANT COMMENTS OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

NPR CEO Vivian Schiller asserted that Williams has a history of making controversial comments in violation of NPR's ethics policy with comments made on Fox News news and in print newspapers. Done and Done.

This has nothing to do with being politically correct. It has to do with using your brain and trying to avoid demonizing an entire culture over and over and over.

You idiots are so blind when it comes to media and that entire time following The Heritage Foundation of all places and using the tired dead scapegoat that somehow N.P.R. is magically Liberal. Try listening to them once in awhile instead of just shooting of your mouth. You guys are pathetic. Truly pathetic!

Let the attacks begin!

26. Zack says:

I have a title.

FIRE THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION

27. Jim Sizemore, Bear C says:

NPR, by its firing of Juan Williams, unknowingly has delivered the first place to start with for the new American Congress of 2011 to begin the cutting of the massive Obama-Pelosi-Reid- federal budget deficit-spending spree that has been going on for almost two years now. No taxpayer dollars going to the ultra-liberal NPR…. …….PRICELESS !

I guess they'll have to go with a new name change also. How about GSR ?

George Soros Radio since he seems to be one of their major contributors.

28. Joan, Florida says:

No more funding for NPR with taxpayers money, and how about making them pay back what they have taken for the past few years. Let the people who think they are so great, like Soros support them. I would rather they be disbanded and gotten rid of now, but I doubt if Liberals like Soros would agree.

29. Jill-Maine says:

Fox news is fair and balanced as proved by commentators like Juan Williams and a lot of the others who are not conservatives. I watch Fow all the time and suffer through cooments by the left which they are free to express. You never see that on the alphabet channels.

30. cheryll, texas says:

I don't agree with this man on his stance about obama, as he thinks obama is doing a good job.. Other than that I like him. What happened to freedom of speech.. Oh I forgot, we don't have that anymore.. When are you blind Americans gonna wake up.. It's not Democrat, or Republican, it's who will abide by the constitution to a tee, and not forfeit our rights as citizens..

31. Tim AZ says:

I thin NPR and PBS should be cast off from the big government teat. I don't however think they should be silenced. NPR and PBS should have to compete in the free market of ideas just as every other media outlet does in this country. If people refuse to buy what they're selling then they need to develop a product that people will buy.

32. Sally Vose, Bath, ME says:

While I never listen to NPR because of their far-left leaning views, I do not feel that NPR should ever receive public funding – I hope our so-called representatives in DC will grow a backbone and defund them.

33. Tim AZ says:

NPR and PBS do not need to be silenced. They do need to be cast off of the big govt, teat. There is nothing so special as to allow these two media outlets to avoid competing in the free market arena of ideas with the rest of the media outlets in this country. It's time for them to move out on their own and become independent of the tax payers.

34. Don Harper says:

The Organization of Islamic Councils (OIC) has publicly stated that two of its primary goals are to eliminate criticism of all things Islamic and to spread Sharia law througout the world. The OIC is the second largest inter-governmental organization in the world, comprised of over 50 Islamic nations. It looks like NPR, by acquiescing to their demand that no unfavorable criticism be allowed, is handing the Muslim world the rope with which they plan to hang us all.

35. Zack says:

Hey Conn and other Heritage moderators, since you don't put up my comments anyways, for reasons beyond me, I have something for you that will most likely not be posted as well… Your hypocrits, your liars, your spread false information all over the web. You will be held accountable for your actions. This is by far the worst, most partisan website in the history of the internet, not because I say so, not because im a Democrat, just because it is. People believe the lies all over this website, take it as credibility and vote accordingly. How does that make you feel? How do you sleep at night? Your jobs is pathetic and shows no class. Your website and its followers are the true destruction of this countries moral and economic status. I hope someone fires the Heritage Foundation and all of you. Your un-american monsters.

36. Zack says:

Let me practice my first ammenement. First, fuck you. Second, fuck you and third, fuck you! How about that Heritage? You deserve nothing less. Fucking un-american cowards. You might take the house in november but that will be that. Conservatism is hanging by a thread and I promise you it will be dead, if not within this decade. Deal with it. It's over, your done. And one more thing, FUCK YOU!

37. NV Jerry, Nevada says:

What a great addition to FOX. I have disagreed with Juan Williams for years, but was never offended by him. He is a class act, An articulate and eloquent spokesman for the left, he is persuasive and compelling. It's way past time to pull the plug on all publicly supported broadcast media. None will ever get another dime from me. Public money breeds private corruption. Let those with a progressive point of view fund their own propaganda networks, like, oh, you know, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the "tingle network", MSNBC. Surely their combined audience should almost compete with FOX. Folks like Juan will always have a place in broadcasting. Not so publicly supported Marxist propaganda.

38. joan , new mexico says:

In addition to the ill-conceived out of place vitriol against the new Bush administration immediately after 9/11 by "cultural analyst" Diane Rheem, who can forget NPR journolist producer Sarah Spitz's wish that she could "laugh like a maniac" observing a conservative talk show host's "eyes bug out while he writhed in torment".( The CEO thinks that Mr. Williams needs a psychiatrist. ) These people have "a code of ethics"? Was that recycled from the Pol Pot regime?

39. Anna in Dallas says:

I will BOYCOTT NPR and all of it's sponsers!! The firing of Juan Williams is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the American people at best. We are supposed to have FREEDOM of SPEACH in America. This man verbally stated what most Americans feel anyway. FEAR of the muslims in muslim garb. I myself don't want to be on a plane with one of them or in an elevator. Two weeks ago I was in VA and needed something at a drug store and when I saw a muslim with a rag on his head I left without buying wht I came for and went to another store free from muslims. So I'm a bigot and I admit it!!

40. Jeanne Stotler says:

Michelle, It's called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" He didn't condemm all muslims, he said what a lot of us feel. Uneasy when we get on a plane and see someone who may or may not be a radical. We did not have this before 9/11, although there was a time during the 60's when planes were hi-jacked to Cuba and elsewhere. My neice was a stewardess on a plane hi-jacked, it's scary. So is it scary to ride on an airliner today and wonder if a bomber got through security. PNR was wrong in condemming Williams right to express himself, then there is George Soros who is behind this. Believe me I'll not support one thing this thug is connected too, he is shameless, just read his bio and how unashamed he is from making money on the deaths of his fellow jews, he is callous and uncaring.

41. David Carrier says:

Please, let's stop tiptoeing around the real reason he was fired. It had nothing to do with what he said or how he said it. The evil "invisible" boss of the left's Progressive Socialists (Fabian Socialists) George Soros was responsible by giving special interest money to Media Matters, NPR, PBS and any other Progressive connection to the Public. Making it clear that he wanted Glenn Beck and Fox News Shut down. It's time for us as Americans to face the truth and get Common Sense back into our everyday lives. "We the people," must get legislation back into our statuette laws and make the Politically Correctness get back to being a partner with "Common Sense". It has a place there. For instance the tolerated so called "Rent too damn high" Party was treated like a legitimate candidate. He made a fool out of everyone involved with that stupid debate and the Media reports it as if it's actually something real. You know as well as I, Common Sense says He should have never made it past the door. He should take his "Comedy Act" to the improv!

42. Paul McKinley Clevel says:

So much for free speech. I often don't agree with Mr. Williams, but I do admire his honesty. Can you imagine what it will be like with 16,000 more IRS agents

roaming around the country with gestapo powers? I personally know that Communists in this country have been trying for more than 60 years to get an

"insurance" program to gain more power over individuals. So said a university professor from a prominent university. He himself was an admitted Communist.

Would NPR have taken the same action if something like that was said about Evengelical Christianity?

43. michael, Virginia says:

NPR can stop getting my money there is nothing free (i meen free speach) about them except their name! it takes more then a name stop giving them my money now!!

44. Rob DeHarpport says:

Defund NPR and PBS! Even though I enjoy watching some PBS programs, surely the free market can fund these programs–if not too bad.

While we are at it we should seriously examine the EPA, the DEA, the Dept. of Education and the Dept. of Energy. All of these agencies have "strayed" from their original mission– or they are abject failures in the pursuit of their original mission. Either way they are just a few "agencies' that are being used as a way to circumvent congress and the will of the people.

45. Jim Tennent, Warner says:

Just finished checking NAACP 's website. Wonder when they are going to protest Juan's firing? Guess if FOX fired one of their top African-American journalist for " being afraid of going to a Tea Party event" the NAACP would be all over FOX. Guess MR. Juan is JUST a Uncle Tom!!! Course George S. donating millions of dollars to put Glenn Beck and Fox out of business has NOTHING to do with Mr. Juan's firing!!!

46. Patrick McGean, Murr says:

the following was deamed inappropriate due to language, Clevon Little and Mel Brooks did not make up the name Organic Sulfur. Would Ed Bradley have been fired? Backlash or blacklash? Color is biology not politcs, bigotry is stupidity,

ignorance in actions and it ends now. Drawfs with baseball bats can enforce the will

of we the people.

I'm 64, and grew up listening to the same people that I listened to in the 70s on NPR.

Could this be a same problem we have with the Congress? Where is Daniel Schorr when you need an enemy?

NPR was a reaction to Richard Millhouse Nixon and now it is Tricky Dick.

We sport window stickers which say “don't reelect anyone!”, maybe NPR should be merely a way station to the greater freedom of speech not slavery, tenure?

Juan Williams maybe the spore which brings opinion not demagoguery to FOX.

Dare I say we now have a “Nigger” in the wood pile? It could happen, “Angles in the

Outfield” proved anything can happen if we believe. “Blazing Saddles,” proved it possible.

I would refer those who know everything to recall a Andy Griffith Movie about a Radio Preacher and his love interest who left the mike open when truth of his opinion was voiced. When we know what you think and it does not effect a bias then we have the freedom of speech, I may be wrong but hate does not play well in Murray.

Our citizens worship all manner of theology but we know them by their fruits not that they are "fruits." Muslims or Islam did not cause 911 any more than FDR’s generals did not know Pearl was about to happen. Why do so many of us have to die for the rich or the comfortable? The Bastille is undone in our history, but guillotines are very “green.”

Complacency has come to NPR, don't rock the boat and keep your "jobs."

Daniel Schorr liked the gig but it was never a job it was an assignment, he did journalism not country club radio or TV.

When so many people vote 2 Nov 2010, possibly the carpet baggers will understand their lies have consequences. Stockholders for pHarma may find themselves in the defense chair with the corporate officers and chemists, maybe to hang. Murder has no statute of limitation.

I am listening to Diane Rhem while I write and Juan Williams’ firing has become a discussion about Muslims the “terrorists,” please, those who make war of any kind are the terrorists. I remember the arm hanging on the Haight street sign in 1968, bullies are all terrorists and we the people are going to do a Magnificent Seven on those who don’t understand “we the people.” No matter what name we or they call God.

The Agents of the Matrix are afoot and the fun begins. Consider “Avatar” the movie the script. We spend the money, nice knowing NPR, National Public Radio. We know what

FOX means but do you know what we the people means, Juan Williams opinion is covered in that knowledge, first amendment, heard of it?

Organic Sulfur is what FOX, the ideology stole from each and everyone one of us and we are here to take the Planet back with the same Organic Sulfur and the money not spent on the drugs of pHarma. Good time to dump any and all pHarma or petrochemical stock,

They are about to become worthless, even for terrorists.

Could Juan Williams be the virus to change the collective of the Borg (FOX?)

The Director

47. Daniel says:

It's a private contract. They fired him for breaking the conduct code. Plain and simple. N.P.R. is moderate. Plain and simple. Same old conservative excuses. Spin, spin, spin. And now you side with Juan Williams! Such Hypocracy! And I bet I could find hundreds of conservative leaning public funded media outlets, wanna play?

Yea, that darn media. You can't find anything conservative in the media. It's SUCH a shame, right guys?……….

The Rush Limbaugh show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Bill O’Reilly show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Sean Hannity show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Eva Von Zahn show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Belway Boys where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Brit Hume show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Tony Snow show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Juan Williams show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Mara Liason show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The McLaughlin Group where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Chris the Screamer show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The G. Gordon Liddy show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Laura Schlessinger show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Michael Medved show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Sam & Cokie show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

Meet the Press with Tim Russert where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

Face the Nation with Bob Schieffer where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The John Hockenberry show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Ollie North show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Neil Bortz show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Robert Novak show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Paul Weyrich show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Brian Williams show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Wolf Blitzer show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The Don Imus show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

The John Stossel show where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

Reliable Sources with Howie Kurtz where they’ll say conservatives have no voice in the media.

48. Daniel says:

continued….

David Horowitz will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Maureen Dowd will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Ann Coulter will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Laura Ingraham will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Peggy Noonan will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

William Safire will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Andrew (bareback) Sullivan will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

David Limbaugh will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Jonah Goldberg will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Mona Charen will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Linda Chavez will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

John Fund will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Paul Greenburg will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Jeff Jacoby will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Dick Morris will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Thomas Sowell will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Cal Thomas will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Walter Williams will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Mort Zuckerman will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Brent Bozell will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

William F Buckley will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Neil Cavuto will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

David Hackworth will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Charles Krauthammer will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

William Raspberry will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Phyllis Schlafly will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

George Will will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Matt Drudge will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Luci (The Bat) Goldberg will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Michael Barone will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Lawrence Kudlow will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Marlin Fitzwater will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Pat Buchanan will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Ari Fleisher will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Christopher Hitchens will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Rich Lowry will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

Kate O’Beirne will write a column saying conservatives have no voice in the media.

And against all of that, the reality-based community’s big-time legacy-media representation consists of Colbert and Stewart on Comedy Central, and Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow for two hours a day on MSNBC. (MSNBC is the same network that gives us three hours a day of conservative Joe Scarborough and which, shortly after its inception, had cancelled its highest-rated program because its host, Phil Donahue, dared to oppose Bush’s invasion of Iraq.)

Whoop dee frickin’ dooooo.

You conservatives are so fun to play with!

49. Elizabeth, Syracuse, says:

It takes courage to say in public that you get nervous around people of a religion whose radical elements have proven violent, while on an airplane. It's not politically correct, and that's what NPR fears the most–opinions differing from their own.

It's time to defund NPR. National Public Radio, indeed! Ha! It's about as unbiased as George Soros! NPR will survive defunding, because it does show an opinion differing from Rush and Glenn Beck. Not one I agree with–but there's that little thing called freedom of speech. Intolerance needs to be aired, too, to show it for what it is. Juan Williams will survive, too, happily. I rarely agree with him, but he's honest in what he says, and I respect that. I just don't respect the intolerance of NPR.

50. Daniel says:

Elizabeth,

When did sterotyping an entire culture not show intolerance?

When did firing a employee that breaks a code of conduct become something new?

Exactly what radical elements of religion within Islamic Culture has proven Violent?

Intolerance along with ignorance, fear mongering, lies, racism and bigotry should not be tolerated, espically from morons like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, yet other morons listen to them daily, with unlimited praise. It sickens me to the core.

Religous Intolerance, ignorance and idiotic comments similar to what Juan Williams said is why we have hatred in this country, not to mention how other countries feel about us for letting comments like that tear through the credibility of our Great Nation.

The liberal media scapegoat has been around for decades and it still doesn't work. Desperation and deflection is a Conservative tactic that still seems to work with most people. It's a damn shame too.

51. Daniel says:

And if I may ask Elizabeth,

are you against the Community Center with a Mosque two blocks from ground zero? Your previous comment and answer to this will clear up any questions I have about you.

wating….

52. Savings Calculator says:

That blogs is one hundred percent original content with an impressive range of topics.National Public Radio’s dismissal of Juan Williams is a powerful indictment of NPR’s practices and corporate culture.i would like to add it in my bookmarks.

====================

shane ping

Savings Calculator

53. Pingback: NPR’s Diversity Doublespeak | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.