• VIDEO: Honoring Constitution Day

September 17 is Constitution Day, a day set aside to reflect on the ratification of the United States Constitution. Towards that goal, we have produced a short video honoring the Constitution and urging everyone to pause and reflect on how we can return our country to its First Principles. We hope you will share this video with friends and families and urge them to join you in that goal.

This holiday, take a moment to reflect on the importance of this document. With an unsteady economy and a government growing out of control, there is no better time to stop and look to our roots. Read some of our original research on the Constitution and the Founding and check out Heritage Foundation scholar Matthew Spalding’s book “We Still Hold These Truths“.

And while you reflect on the meaning of this anniversary, take time to also remember those who have fought and died to preserve the Constitution and our liberties throughout our history. As we struggle through these difficult times, let us be worthy heirs of their sacrifice and our history.

Posted in First Principles [slideshow_deploy]

23 Responses to VIDEO: Honoring Constitution Day

1. Billie says:

Wow! You guys! What a meaningful video! Reagan! What a man of such and much inner strength and inspiration. What words of wisdom and respect. It's a day to display recognition.

We won't see any leftist commenting here. They're building weakness.

2. Carol says:

What a great video! May our nation see and understand that we must hold to the truths written in the constitution. May we never forget those who sacrificed their lives so we may be free. Reagan summed it up so well that it is "We the People". I pray that those who try to extinquish the flame of liberty and freedom see the error of their ways and change their hearts to love this wonderful country!

3. Rosina Rugolo Las Ve says:

Thank you Heritage – you are the guiding light of our dear Country!

4. Kathryne S. Clark PA says:

It made me cry tears of overwhelming thankfullness and hope for the Providence of God! Thank you for provoking prayer in me as well as many others I'm sure!

5. Cliff, North Little says:

A sincere and profound THANK YOU for ALL of the wide variety of productively oriented efforts the Heritage team delivers day in/out for the

American citizen deeply concerned and yearning to better understand just what his/her country is succumbing to.

It seems we fail to constructively include her faults when praising her virtues. Even after a deep reflective take on the clear blunders that talley up in our past, the founding principles still prevail in our American conscious when it comes to RIGHT the WRONGS.

If a slogan is needed, how about .. "It's the OVERREACH STUPID" !!!

I'm really lookin' forward to just how much honoring our GREAT CONSTITUTION will receive today (or any day for that matter) from the President or any of the OTHER ruling class elites strapped into the beltway ???

KUDOS HERITAGE !!!

6. Leon Lundquist, Dura says:

I love my Country. I love the Constitution, and it goes deep, deep into my heart of hearts as only spiritual things can reach so deep. There a Sacred Fire burns that upon my immortal soul, will never be extinguished!

America is great and good. Her People are kind and generous. Her laws are just and right (except for the Unconstitutional ones.) But I love America because our People have the power to nullify those 'laws' in Jury. I love America because we can Vote the rascals out. I love America because we do not conquer, we lead by example.

There is only one answer to America's problems, love her.

7. Alexandra Milos,Chic says:

Thank you, THANK YOU…….Heritage team for great work.

8. Robert Stane, Quincy says:

I agree with you my fellow patriots! The Constitution ensured limited central government to protect us from a tyranny. And it includes the Bill of Rights, which is the greatest amount of individual freedoms of any country throughout the history of man! This is why America is the leader of the free world! You may want to view an excellent lesson on the Constitution on video at Fox News:

God Bless America!

9. Ricahrd, Medford Or says:

I am reading "The 5,000 Year Leap" I want to get this in every school. The constitution is a "Act of God" The founding fathers knew they needed God and put Him in everything, help us Lord to return to "One Nation Under God"

10. Pingback: Michelle Malkin » Happy Constitution Day: Miss me yet?

11. Pingback: Happy Constitution Day! | Lee Hernly

12. Kathryn, Maine says:

What an amazing video! It should be seen in every school; my 6th & 8th graders will see it! I hope you all are watching the Constitution Day Celebration from Hillsdale — it brings new hope that we can yet turn us to the right direction – to the Father of us all and the Constitution. Happy Birthday US Constitution!!!

13. Gary G,Peoples Repub says:

Justed wanted to say Thank You to the Heritage Foundation for the wonderful work you do.

14. james , nev says:

LOV THE VIDEO. We dont hear enough of this today!

15. Robert,Romulus michi says:

About us, (We the people) all about us, let us stand And never wayver, God, Family, Country, & We the people, God bless the U.S.A..

16. Kathy Jamison Las Ve says:

Very nice. I plan to join Heritage Foundation, soon.

17. Rosalie A. Carlson, says:

Thank you, Heritage, for this beautiful video telling us about Constitution Day, September 17, 2010. I am going to send this e-mail with the video to everyone on my list of family and friends telling them to celebrate Constitution Day; I am gong to get outside first thing in the morning, and proudly raise my beautiful flag in honor of our founding fathers who gave us such a heritage. With all that is going on in the world and our country today, I want to say, with all my heart, that "I am so proud to be an American." I am deeply grateful to our troops serving now, to those that have served in the past and, to those that have paid the supreme sacrifice: we owe you a debt of gratitude for keeping Freedom alive and allowing us to live free in America, our beloved country. God Bless America; thank you God, for our beautiful homeland which you have created for us. "We the people, must preserve, protect and defend The Constitution of the United States."

18. Michael Tschanz says:

Let's defend and support this amazing document, the foundation of our great Nation.

19. chukker, Bucks Count says:

First rate video: fast paced; uplifting, inspiring music; important message for "such a time as this." I got all choked up – nostaligic for the times when we were free(er) and filled with hope for the times ahead when We The People take back our government from the Ruling Class who are ever-tightening the noose around Lady Liberty's neck.

Great job, Heritage! Keep up the excellent work.

20. Carol Long, Californ says:

Thank you Heritage Foundation, a wonderful presentation and it gives one reason to study and learn as much as possible so we can vote correctly in the next election. I love this country and pray that we continue to exist well into the future. May God continue to Bless the United States of America and may we continue to be One Nation under God.

21. Jodee Elizabeth; You says:

This video and others (especially longer ones) are really beneficial. We need to once again have more and more expressions within our culture that express our nation's founding principles and heritage. I work with younger children in the elementary school and sometimes in the middle school. Our young people don't know (haven't heard) the songs and hymns of our country, nor do they know much about our country's rich history. Perhaps I will have the opportunity to "tutor" various grade levels of kids on some ot it, using videos like those from Heritage and other worthy patriotic groups. I pray there will be an explosions of this type of material now that so much is being voiced through Tea Party rallies and other events.

22. Clearhead says:

How about it “ken jarvis”? You are conspicuously absent this morning. Cat got your tongue? On second thought, we rather like it this way.

23. Sam Santucci - Glads says:

God bless the United States of America! One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all! May we never take for granted our freedoms purchased for us with the blood, sweat and tears of patriots.