• UPDATE: Video Shows Ag Dept Official Repudiates Racism

UPDATE: The NAACP has released a full video of Sherrod’s speech. It shows that the incident Sherrod was describing happened in 1986 years before she was in the Obama administration. More importantly it shows that Sherrod has completely repudiated her view that the farmer was not one of her “own kind.” In fact it shows that she has since become life long friends with the farmer and that she is fervently committed to helping all Americans equally.

We are thankful to the NAACP for releasing the full video and we wish the Obama administration would follow their example and allow all relevant parties in the New Black Panther Party case to testify openly.

ORIGINAL POST BEGIN:
    This morning we reviewed the still unfolding New Black Panther Party scandal at the Department of Justice where a whistle blower, testifying under oath, quoted Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes as saying that “the Voting Section will never or will not, at least while she is there, bring any more cases against blacks or other national minorities.” In other words, Fernandes has reportedly admitted that the Obama Justice Department is not enforcing the nation’s civil rights law equally and in a race-neutral manner. The Obama Justice Department has refused to confirm or deny that Fernandes made this statement.

Now Andrew Breitbert has unearthed a very similar statement from another Obama political appointee, this time from the Department of Agriculture. In the video, U.S. Department of Agriculture Director of Rural Development for Georgia Shirley Sherrod tells an NAACP audience:

The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he took a long time talking but he was trying to show me was superior to me. I know what he was doing. But he had come to me for help. What he didn’t know, while he was talking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me, was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him. I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farm land, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn’t give him the full force of what I could do. … So I took him to a white lawyer … I figured if I take him to one of them that his own kind would take care of him.

First Justice. Now Agriculture. How many other Obama Department’s are refusing to enforce our nation’s laws equally?

Posted in Legal [slideshow_deploy]

25 Responses to UPDATE: Video Shows Ag Dept Official Repudiates Racism

1. West Texan says:

Shirley Sherrod's quoted comment to the NAACP is unprofessional and racist. Of course Obama's team has demonstrated overall a lack of moral standing.

2. John, Atlanta says:

Shame on this White House and the NAACP.

3. Robyn, Michigan says:

"he took a long time talking but he was trying to show me was superior to me…"

What the heck does that mean? Perhaps her own self perceptions made her think he was trying to be "superior" – she already had her opinion about this man based upon his skin color. How very sad for her, she devalued herself and she knowingly took action that she knew would have the potential to harm this man and his ability to earn a living based solely upon color.

4. Gary - Dallas TX says:

She is a racist, flat out..Face it. nothing you can do about it. It is acceptable and allowed. If you don't think so, you are fooling yourself. Fox News and here are the only two places showing this video. The country is split down the middle, one side blinded to the other. I fear it can only end badly.

5. Billie says:

Dear Ms. Sherrod,

if he thought he was superior to you, why would he come to you for help in the first place? Maybe he was trying to impress you? Extremely racist for you to presume such an ignorance in equality of mankind, Your words voice strongly, a weak but true, inferiority complex. Please stop seeing us as skin color, we are all the same as people, beyond that.

6. Betsy Leggett, Deerf says:

This is such a sad situation. Our country has grown out of racism, like a baby grows out of diapers and learns to walk, ride a bike, and read! Now we're turned backwards to look at this – after having voted in a black president! Because I disagree with policies does not make me a racist! And clearly, after looking at this video I see a sad and dangerous abuse of power that is very shocking to me. I do know that a majority of black people don't see "whites" as racist, but this type of ignorance makes me wonder?? Why …? It's a political ploy for those that are bitter.

7. Pingback: Justice Not Only Obama Department Not Equally Enforcing Law | The … : PlanetTalk.net - Learn the truth , no more lies

8. Jonathan, Indiana says:

I can't say that I'm really surprised at anything this administration does. But I cannot believe how far our republic has fallen.

9. Patrick, Austin says:

Will the NAACP representatives who were at the NAACP banquet in March where Shirley Sherrod's racial preference remarks were made be fired and publicly denounced for not exposing and denouncing Sherrod's comments? Will the MSM investigate the NAACP as they are investigating the Tea Party for racism?

10. ROBERT COLORADO says:

THE SLOUGH OF DESPOND

Minister King Shamir Shabaz, decked out in a para-military outfit, black beret, jack boots, uniform and dreadlocks, tortuous facial expressions, caustic voice and aggressive posture pitched another racist diatribe to a large attentive and respectful audience.

“You want freedom?” he shouted, fists clenched, still “then kill some dirty white crackers and kill their white babies in their cribs.”

Or words to that effect. “I hate white people!” he exclaimed. “I hate white people!” I think that Minister King Shamir Shabaz is merely jesting, you know, just joking around with some guys on a street corner. Does he really hate white people or are there darker, sociological forces at work, which suggest that his remarks are justified because his feelings may have been hurt?

While I’m not really sure what a dirty white cracker is, (I wash fairly often) still, I suspect that as I am white, I may also be a dirty white cracker. Indeed, I married a cracker; so there it is. While I do want to give the good minister the benefit of the doubt, I will nevertheless avoid the symposiums and rallys where Minister King Shamir Shabaz, is scheduled to minister to quiet, interested, respectful and, extremely wrathful audiences.

I was, however, surprised that I did not hear anyone, in the video that I watched, disagree with the King’s primary thesis that dirty white crackers and their babies are better off dead—presumably, the sooner of the better. I did not see a single hand or sign; I did not hear single voice raised in protest. I heard nothing but praise and admiration. Why?

That said, as I considered Minister King Shamir Shabaz’s diatribe in light of the transcendent philosophy of political correctness, now the religious mandate of this exceptional democracy, I concluded that his call for the murder of white babies was not all that racist: First because I saw in Minister King Shamir Shabaz, a man in excruciating inner torment, a man of kind intentions wrestling a conscience so shrived by white root causes he would consider seriously, if not also with considerable enthusiasm the murder of dirty white crackers and their babies.

Frankly, I think his is a soul aggrieved by society’s denial of the wealth, prestige and power, the righteous high place and recognition he believes society owes him— and that is to say, Big Time. Shabaz, after all, is a minister and a king. Therefore, it is not unreasonable to believe that all he wants is his own way. Why then should we not give it to him? Have we no empathy? Do we know nothing of political correctness?

I then considered Shabaz’s remarks in light of certain indisputable demographic realities. Thus one must ask, well, what if Minister King Shamir Shabaz should kill off a few white crackers and perhaps smother a few babies in their cribs; where really is the harm? After all, there are plenty of crackers and as most of us are too ignorant to know anything about birth control and as we abhor the abortion of children imminently ready to be born, there are more than enough cracker babies to go around, in fact, a plethora of babies. Where then is the problem? Why all the fuss? Have we no empathy?

Perhaps, in recognition of our ignorance, we should now at last repudiate the irrational pretension that inclines us crackers, and shall I confess to it, religious crackers, to believe that all life is sacred and should therefore have the protection of a Constitution dedicated to the sanctity of life and the pursuit of happiness.

Still, there is a deeper historical conflict at work here. It is that Minister King Shamir Shabaz’s passion to kill white people when considered in light of the religious, enlightened, and in any event, totalitarian principles of political correctness, leads inexorably to the rational conclusion that in recommending the snuffing out of white people and their children, the good minister, far from engaging in an outrageous racist act, is actually crying out for help. His is an earthy and eloquent protest against injustice that has, through absolutely no fault of his own, filled him to the brim with raw, insidious and self-destructive hate. Have we the temerity then to blame this young man simply because he is exhorting black panthers to kill off a few crackers and their babies. What, have we no empathy? He who is without guilt; let him cast the first stone!

Therefore, while on its face, the killing of white cracker babies may appear to be an act of violence, in fact, it is an act of haloed protest not so different in its power and prosaic eloquence from Thomas Paine’s famous sentence: “These are the times that try men’s souls—” which sentence incidentally precipitated a revolution, the creation of the United States of America and a national anthem whose high notes (and the rockets red glare) only .119999 percent of the entire singing American population are able to reach and warble these immortal words.

I am also politically and correctly confirmed in my belief that Minister King Shamir Shabaz is not a racist purveyor of hatred because if he were the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) would have condemned his conduct.

There are, however, people who well deserve American censure. Hallmark, three years ago, published a childrens’ postcard, containing a recording, which admittedly, in a childish sort of way, addressed the universe and the phenomenon of black holes. While no connection whatever was drawn by the creators of the card to African American women, or more specifically as NAACP alleges, black Hos, still, NAACP members contend that, if you listen to the recording long enough, say three or four hundred times, as one becomes physically and emotionally ill, and at last profoundly bored, the repetition of the words “Black Hole” finally begins to sound sort of like “Black Hos” an unconscionable black reference to black prostitutes. Really, Hallmark should be ashamed.

Hence NAACP’S conclusion, consistent with the philosophy of political correctness and therefore unimpeachable, that Hallmark is owned and staffed by racists. Accordingly, NAACP’S leadership demanded that Hallmark scourge the holiday card from their collection, do penance, and perhaps pay a large fine and fund a black college or two. (This last is jest). Hallmark, in a demonstration of the courage that the tenets of political correctness instills in the wilted and terrified liberal soul, once charged with a violation of politically correct dogma, immediately surrendered— more or less. What cads!

Concurrently, so as to stay on top of the racist thing, NAACP also passed a resolution condemning tea partiers for the racists they are this based on accusations for which NAACP refuses to provide proof. NAACP’S condemnation of white cracker tea partiers is centered on the baseless accusation that a cracker or two spat on an African American Congressman and shouted the N word. In all of this I do not recall NAACP commenting on the language and recommendations of Minister King Shamir Shabaz. While I do not for a moment believe that Minister King Shamir Shabaz is a racist, still, that part of my mind not pickled by the jingoist mandates of political correctness compels me to ask NAACP these questions.

With regard to Hallmark: Who reported this instance of Hallmark’s alleged racism to you? Did you meet with Hallmark representatives and try to resolve the issue before publicizing to the world your conclusion that Hallmark had engaged in a racist act? Did any African American woman, excepting members of NAACP, conclude independently that the Hallmark card was racist? At any time during Hallmark’s nearly 100 years of operation, did the company ever create and sell a racist greeting card? Do you have any evidence that corroborates your accusation that Hallmark, in creating a holiday card that addressed the universe and the existence of black holes secreted into the card an insidious, secret message calculated to demean black women? Finally, how many gallons daily of Kool-Aid does the NAACP leadership quaff? Have you considered reducing the dosage?

With regard to Minister King Shamir Shabaz recommendations concerning dirty white crackers and their babies these questions. What is your opinion of his remarks? Are his remarks racist? Do you intend to pass a resolution, as you did against the tea partiers, condemning the suggestion made to African Americans that if you want freedom you should kill dirty white crackers and their babies? Have you commented publicly on Minister Shabaz’ remarks? Do you intend to? Well, why not?

In your opinion should the good minister be reprimanded by someone in the hierarchy of the New Black Panther Party? By the way, does NAACP support the New Black Panther Party financially? Do you support and approve its political demand for a separate black nation? Do you support its demand of present day crackers that they pay trillions in reparation for the imposition of slavery, a historical fact for which they are entirely innocent? (They were not alive at the time and many were not yet American citizens). Finally, do you subscribe to the doctrine of political original sin?

The real blame, however, must fall upon the late genius John Archibald Wheeler, a physicist and contemporary of Einstein, dead at age 96 (only the innocent die young) who had the temerity to invent the metaphor “Black Hole” to describe the intense gravitational field created by the implosion of a star. While he contributed mightily to the physics of Black Hole theory, all we must admit to the benefit of scientific knowledge, still we crackers must wonder at his insensivity. For why would a man of his impressive intellectual powers fail to note the obvious synchronicity of the words black hole and black ho. I mean to say, whatever was he thinking about!

Where after all was his sharp, comprehending and brilliant mind? Had he even the most shallow understanding of the philosophical discipline that has come to be known as political correctness, (a name derived from Mao Zedong’s Little Red Book) he would, shame-faced, have chosen a different name. I say that Mr. Wheeler was insensitive in that he might have chosen a more appropriate name for an imploded star, a name unlikely to injure innocent blacks even inadvertently. He might have named it… well what?

Personally, as I recall John Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress, I conclude that the physics of the black hole must be renamed. Hereafter, scientists should refer to an imploded star as The Slough of Despond. The Slough you say? Why Slough? Well, first because the Slough has a religious connotation. The Slough, a sort of metaphysical mud puddle, was invented by a Christian. Enough said!

Secondly, I have concluded, after long and extensive experimentation, that no matter how many times you say, Slough of Despond, for example, Slough of Despond, Slough of Despond, Slough of Despond, Slough of Despond, and Slough of Despond and so on, and so on, there is simply no way you can derive from its cadence the demeaning term used mostly by blacks— Black Ho.

There! This cracker lawyer rests his case.

11. Steve, Austin says:

Careful folks.. apparently the story she tells is about something that happened 24 years ago.. she was giving a cautionary tale about racism and bias.

12. Jeff, Sandusky says:

This is just sad, another example of President Obama's radical left wing agenda. It truly is a sad day when the people who use to be second class citizens, and who have been fighting racism for years, have flipped the tables on use white folks. What ever happened to being equal, the blood that runs through my body runs through hers. We all came from Africa, one way or another.

13. Lloyd Scallan (New O says:

Shirley Sherrod would not have been in Obama's administration unless she is

anti-white rasist. Just as Eric Holder and many other Obama lackeys in the Justice Department, one qualification is to be anti-white. Example; NBPP case.

14. Dennis Georgia says:

The White House like the naacp is full of racism and it shows more each day. May God have mercy on America.

15. West Texan says:

NAACP president Benjamin Jealous publicly denounced Sherrod’s comments and stood behind the USDA's accepting her resignation. For her to feel comfortable among an NAACP audience to admitting her abuse of power because of the farmer's race is disturbing. Mr. Jealous said same and has promised to address this issue with his organization's membership.

16. robt says:

As sickening as her comments are, the response to those in the audience is worse. It clearly shows the pervasive racism in what you have to believe are above average intelligence and income sector of the black community. After all, it does not appear these are street people though anyone attending an NAACP conference might be bent towards entitlement minded thinking.

In reality this behavior is nothing new. You see it every day in society. This is nothing more than the fallout of a failed affirmative action hiring policy forced on America by the left.

Not only have we dumbed down society through lowering our educational standards and moral expectations, we have filled our ranks with people in key positions who are so ignorant they have no business in any government position or the private sector work place. For you liberals who constant show you're not willing to put your money where your mouth us; I would love to know the percentage of people on the plane which crashed into the Hudson who were praying the pilot was an affirmative action hire.

So much for being judged by character as opposed to the color of your skin as Rev. King so yearned for.

17. Chris, Springfield, says:

And I thought only whites were evil racists. I can't link up to the video at work, but I'd be curious as to the response of the audience to her comments. Did the NAACP officials denounce her comments either at the function or after? Did the audience at least show that uncomfortable feeling when someone says something racist? And what of this woman's standing in the administration?

18. Myra, FL says:

Having seen this video on FOX this a.m. and listening to Martha McCallum and a guest discuss the issue, I'm withholding "judgement" until I know the full story. I got the impression Ms. Sherrod was using an experience from very early in her career (20 something years ago) to demonstrate how attitudes can change. As I understood the conversation, Ms. Sherrod went on in the speech to explain that she later assisted many white farmers, and actually became friends with the white gentleman she refers to in the video. Ms. Sherrod is to appear on FOX later today and I hope folks will listen to what she says and then form their opinions. (BTW, it was also mentioned that the NAACP may have "condemned" the video because attendees [members] can be heard to "agree" with the sentiments they're listening to, and THAT is what they fear will impact the NAACP badly.) Just my two cents.

19. Drew Page, IL says:

How would you like having to go to people like this to get your health care claim paid?

20. Marc Thomson; Palm S says:

I was hoping to find conservative sites that, since July 20th, have responded to the news that Breitbart's video is so heavily doctored that it may well be a case of libel and harrassment it's so false. I wanted to see how conservatives at a respected site respond to being corrected. Since I see no comments whatsoever, they either scrub their mistakes, or simply don't comment when they're wrong. Either response is pretty shameful. Shame on you. Shame.

21. Rick says:

Why are all comments posted with the same post date/time?

Can you get your system upgraded to reflect date-time for each post so that there is a clear progression and so readers have that information available to them?

Thanks.

22. West Texan says:

Lesson well known but learned again. My gut instinct told me there was more to her comments. I took the lazy route and trusted the conservative media to present the whole story. For this a heartfelt apology goes to Shirley Sherrod. This said, I do believe it's good that Mr. Jealous discuss this issue with the NAACP's membership.

This unfortunate incident again exposed the abusive relationship Obama and company have with the American people.

23. Billie says:

Dear Ms. Sherrod, 7-21-10

My apologies for my reaction to this huge lack of communication. Unlike the government who effects everybody at the tax payers expense and where there is no excuse for this gross incompetence especially when it is they're own hired. they leaped to react without the fact.

As a fellow American, greatly concerned with the hatred displayed and influenced in society, I reacted to what I thought was current and edited, but basic to it's purpose. As a fellow American, I apologize. I respect the truth and am appreciative of the whole story. I admire your strength and endurance, good will and humanity. You are much too good for government. In peace, with best wishes and regards, I am grateful for your forgiveness.

24. concerned says:

I'm not sure we still have learned a lesson. After watching video, I still had concerns. It seems like we need to know more about her history before we proclaim her a victim/heroine.

25. Billie says:

Yeah. Another drama. If she had the strength I was fooled by, the only ones she would feel disgraced by would be the ones that insisted on her resignation. Those in government.

But she felt victim to her own words of her admitted ability to abuse her authority to act discriminatingly by skin color and someone publicizing them for good reason, as on going and increasing threats from members of people who are black, spreading hatred and influencing violence. Pressing a racist agenda that only exists by their conditioned imagination…no one knows how deep it goes as we see signs in all areas and especially dangerous, in government authority…