• In the Green Room: Rep. Mike Pence Reflects on the State of Conservatism

After a presentation this afternoon at the weekly Bloggers Briefing held at The Heritage Foundation, Representative Mike Pence (R-IN) sat down with us for his first interview following today’s announcement that he will not challenge Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN) for his seat in the U.S. Senate. In this exclusive interview, Pence discussed his future plans, the prospects for the conservative movement, and what he believes the President and Congress can do to spur growth in the economy. Reflecting on health of American conservatism, Representative Pence said:

I would describe the state of conservatism as in the ascendancy. The American people are in the midst of a great awakening. It’s a time when the American people want to see our government return to it’s roots of limited government, fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, and traditional values. And, like no other time in my lifetime, those mainstream, common sense, common values that we describe as conservatism are on the rise and I believe the are going to propel a real renewal in 2010 and again in 2012.

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

8 Responses to In the Green Room: Rep. Mike Pence Reflects on the State of Conservatism

1. Ben West says:

I became a Republican in 1976 thanks to Ronald Reagan, and William F. Buckley, Jr.. My family wasn't too happy since I moved away from famly tradition. Later though, after Ronald Reagan was elected as President of the United States, some of them slowly moved toward conservatism. It is unfortunate though, that the Republicans are NOT showing clear direction today. There must be a clear plan, outlined and with detail if they want the support at election time. I hear some talk, but I'm afraid many Republicans think they are just automatically going to get it. Unfortunately, you just don't get it!!! Stop the whine, and make a clear stance. It is not enough to just say we'll be "fiscally responsible." That is only a part of it.

2. Pingback: Truths, Tampering, Tark, & Teleprompters : 101 Dead Armadillos

3. Roger D Henderson, N says:

I started listening to this video and then reading what was below it. I then stopped the video when I read that he was not going to challenge Bayh. This man has nothing that I need to hear.

I want to hear from the people who can and will make obama null and void in 2010.

4. Jerry, Indiana says:

Roger, I wish you had listened to the rest, because he said much more than what was in the quote. Having met Mr. Pence personally, he is a patriot of the highest order. I know that he spent much time considering whether a move to take on Evan Bayh would be in the best interest of conservatism and he came to the conclusion that it would not. He made a very principled decision, and I have the utmost respect for him.

5. Louis L Cesar F Levy says:

Conservatisme will rise even higher and larger if the timelessness of its principles are more disseminated and understood by most. May Mike be right about this "great awakening' because our forfathers were mostly awoken people.

This light is what makes see the truthfulness and law of Nature's rooted reasoned beliefs. This moved them and they decided to instute these perpetual truths for the country they loved and shared.

6. Dennis Social Circle says:

The Republicans must get back to the basics, what this country was made from, hard honest work, moral values, and a williness to get the job done right the first time. We need people that will stand up for what is right, do the will of those that put them in office, and work to establish a government that is " for the people, of the people, and by the people", that is what made this country great. We also work together as Americans, not splenter groups that are after their own little thing, American is and was made up of all people, not African_American, Irish_American, Gays, Lesbians, Trans-Genders, Hispanics, Lations or what ever people can think of. WE ARE ALL AMERICANS, IT IS TIME WE ACTED LIKE IT AND WORKED TOGETTHER FOR THE GOOD OF THIS COUNTRY AND THE FREEDOMS THAT WE ENJOY. THE FREEDOMS THAT MANY HAVE BLED AND DIED FOR.

7. Laura Buehler, AR says:

Roger D Henderson, It is apparent you have not followed Mike Pence. Try doing some research and add him to your facebook. He appears to be someone we want in Washington who will fight for the Consitution and We The People.

8. Pingback: Bugs and bailouts « Copacabana