• Every Day is a Bonus: Honoring Our Veterans

From our friends at Reason.tv

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7oBeQ4Y6xo[/youtube]

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

15 Responses to Every Day is a Bonus: Honoring Our Veterans

1. Alice J. Capen, Sacr says:

May God bless all our veterans and guide them through their lives.

2. Sherri Walls, Cochra says:

This is a great celebration for our Veterans. Thank you for giving them the opportunity. You are wonderful and thoughtful. I am glad God has blessed you to do this.

Sincerely,

God Bless You,

Sherri Walls

3. Prescott AZ says:

Thank you, posting on FB so many of us want to honor these dear men, thank you!!!

4. Alicia, Houston, Tex says:

What a beautiful story. Brought tears to my eyes. We all need to let each and every Veteran who has or is serving how much we appreciate them. They are the ones who have and are fighting for the freedoms that we enjoy. God Bless each and every one of them.

5. Ben Jenkins says:

THANK YOU!!!!

6. Bobbie Jay says:

Very tearful. More grateful. God bless the vets who fought to preserve the freedoms and liberties of the American people!

7. Lorna Nolan, Yuma, A says:

God bless our Veteran's! We wouldn't have a country today if it weren't for them and their sacrifices. Thank you, Vet's!

8. Thomas, Alaska says:

Tremendous thanks to the veterans of this country and to those who have fought and continue to fight beside them.

Tears fill my eyes everytime I think of their sacrifice and devotion, but a smile soon comes when I remember that in less than a month I will be going actice duty and will be another proud defender of this great country.

9. Tim Az says:

Thank you for your service. Now let us serve them by taking back our government and restoring dignity to our military.

10. Jeanne Stotler, Wood says:

When I see a soldier, I thank them for serving, some are taken back with surprise, others just smile and say "You are welcome". I am an army brat and my brother in law was killed in Feb. '45 at age 20, we have 12 graves in Arlington to prove our families sacrifices.

11. Terry - Beloit, WI says:

Veteran's of wars and service (active & not) "deserve" respect for the personal decision each has for Freedom in which they have chose to serve-protect our way of life.

I would also like to include the families in the gratitude as they are "equally" sacrificing love for the protection of our Liberties.

12. Micki-Tamarac, FL says:

"THANK YOU"!!!!!!!!!

13. Fr. Sean Raftis, S.J says:

This is a beautiful video.

Thanks to all our Vets!

In Christ,

Fr. Raftis

14. Gary, CA says:

To all the vets who served regardless of where or when or how, thank you for defending our Liberty.

I would like to thank the people who made this wonderful video and the people who made it possible for these WWII vets who would otherwise been unable to visit their memorial. What struck me very powerfully was how humble these men were. When I consider what the world would have been like if they and all the others who brought down the third reich and the other axis powers hadn't, my heart nearly stops. They saved humanity from incomprehensible horror and suffering. No honor or reward for what they did would be too great. We can't thank them enough. Never forget.

15. Dale R. Suiter - Atl says:

The Heritage Foundation is seeking:

Veterans:

$2,500 Cap increases in Department of Veterans Affairs health care

spending.

$1,930 Reduce Veterans Disability Compensation to account for Social

Security Disability

(and)

"… $343 billion in available spending cuts for the new Congress to

consider when it takes up the federal budget for FY2012." See "How to Cut $343 Billion From the Federal Budget: by Brian Riedl – The Heritage Foundation.

The Heritage Foundation wants to take $2,000.00+ each month from the household budgets of the wounded and disabled. This is a horrible situation that will destroy – to a large extent – the ability of the wounded and disabled Veterans to exist with any type of minimum life style that incudes food, housing, utilities and trasportation. I work with horribly wounded, ill, disfigured Veterans and their families (on an individual case basis without charge or costs assessed to the Veteran). If The Heritage Foundation succeeds – I do hope there is room under many of America's bridges for Vets and their families.

In disgust