• Did AARP Read the Bill?

AARP has endorsed the Pelosi health bill, H.R. 3962, but in reviewing the list of ten reasons it has given for its support and comparing those reasons to the bill itself, its advocacy for the legislation seems misplaced. There is a massive disconnect between several of the reasons for support and the bill itself. The inconsistencies include:

1. Protecting and strengthening Medicare—the bill cuts Medicare payments to providers including hospitals, nursing homes, and home health agencies which AARP historically has not viewed as protecting the program. Moreover, the bill does not use the savings for the purpose of extending the Medicare Trust Funds but rather spends the money elsewhere.
    2. Improving Medicare’s payments to doctors—the proposal simply puts more money into a flawed price control system in which the lowest performing doctor gets paid the same as the highest performing doctor. Moreover, 25 percent of the cost of the increase in doctor payments will get passed onto AARP members. The costs due to the bill’s failure to reform the Medicare payment system will be passed on to seniors.
    3. Lowering drug costs for seniors and allowing Medicare to negotiate for lower drug prices—seniors will have their costs lowered by shifting the future generations of retirees and the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) continues to tell Congress and anyone else who will listen, as it has for years, that Medicare will be no better at negotiating for lower drug prices than the private sector, so there will be no savings.
    4. Taking steps to reduce waste, fraud, abuse, and inefficiency—CBO estimates the fraud prevention measures in the legislation will barely produce any savings. Reducing inefficiency is code for slashing the Medicare Advantage program. The Chief Actuary of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) estimates 8 million Medicare beneficiaries will lose Medicare Advantage.
    5. Limiting how much your insurance company can make you pay out-of-pocket—this is nothing but bait and switch. It does not lower total cost, it simply switches the cost from the out-of-pocket pocket to the premium pocket.

Providing benefits to help seniors and people with disabilities live in their own homes and communities by establishing the Community Living Assistance Services and Supports (CLASS) program. Paul Harvey is needed to tell the rest of the story. No one will receive any benefits from CLASS for at least 5 years. No one who is currently eligible for Medicare because of disability will be eligible for benefits under the CLASS Act even after 5 years. And the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has the authority to cut benefits if not enough people choose to join the program. Imagine the outrage of giving the Commissioner of Social Security or the Administrator of CMS the authority to cut benefits on their own.

Posted in Obamacare [slideshow_deploy]

15 Responses to Did AARP Read the Bill?

1. Ben, Salt Lake City says:

This healthcare bill is FULL of problems! I've highlighted them, and the page numbers in the actual healthcare bill where you can find them at the site listed below.

****Please make your voice heard NOW by visiting http://www.foreverliberty.com. ****

This is a site I've put up where we will be collecting comments, compiling them into a professionally bound book, and mailing it to all the congresspeople who are still undecided.

2. Leon, Durango, CO says:

I will bet you money that AARP is a recently usurped organization. The method is personal attacks, unsubstantiated charges, step asside bullying, and Sarah Palin style legal attacks and harassment (remember how the so called 'free press' attacked this proud patriot?) Lots of phoney baloney and probably murder, certainly crimes in the political sense, as in Infiltraitor. Somebody take a look, why is AARP suddenly anything but for the Retired Persons?

3. Sondra Green Wichita says:

Please stop H.R. 3962.

Mrs. Green

4. Bobbie Jay says:

Whether aarp read the bill or not, this clearly shows their neglect of duty and honesty to properly inform their consumers, the seniors, that put great trust in this establishment. AARP TAKES ADVANTAGE OF VULNERABILITY THEY HAVE BEEN TRUSTED TO PROTECT… direct or indirect, government set-up… another collapse, another crisis…

5. Pingback: “Massive Disconnect” between AARP’s Reasons for Bill Support and the Healthcare Bill Itself | EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE

6. Bernard H. Henrie-AL says:

DOES AARP TRULY HAVE 40M SENIOR MEMBERS? IF SO, HOW ON GODS GREEN EARTH COULD THEY ENDORSE AND SUPPORT A HEALTH CARE BILL THAT CUTS 500B FROM SENIORS HEALTH CARE. SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN. MAYBE AARP WOULD REPLY.

7. Denver Wright, Iola says:

I quit AARp this summer and joined the American Senior Org. They work for the senior citizen and younger people. All

AARP does is try to make money.

8. Denver Wright, Iola says:

I quit AARP this summer and joined the American Senior Org. They work for the senior citizen and younger people.

9. mackp says:

Did AARP ask any of the members of AARP on if the wanted them to support the HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL with the Public Option. NO!!! AARP members would like to find a Law firm that would bring a Civil Law Suite againest AARP for supporting a bill that the members did not support. AARP DID NOT SPEAK FOR THE MEMBERS. AARP supports the Bill so they can make more money for AARP selling their supplement insurance plans and other products the get kickbacks from. We need to stop this now.

10. James Stecker New H says:

With AARP supporting this Health Bill I have talked to many citizens in the area who will

drop their membership. This will amount to

membership drops by the hundreds.

11. Darlene, PA says:

I just called them and quit there org. They only represent there ins. co. now and will go along with anything that the are told to do. when I called they said they were 40 million strong well not anymore and I hope the rest of the people that belong to this org. do the same thing I did. And there membership needs to drop by the millions.

12. John Littleton Fayet says:

I will not renew my membership in AARP for 2010. I recevied it in the mail yesterday and just filed it in the round file. AARP is nothering more than a insurance company that will make more money off the health care bill becasue of the cuts in medicare. They will increase monthly payments to cover the larger cost of services brought on by the decrease in funding of medicare under the health care billl that the congress has before them at the present time. AARP will benifit and pay higher salaries just like the banks because of increased profits. They sale care insurance , life insuarance, medical insuarance, ect. AARP is just a insurance company not a representative of the retired people of this country….

13. Henry Massingale, Pa says:

2/27/2010

Boy oh boy, For the best of me. I started to try and help save this Bill for President Obama, I down loaded and started just going threw the issues and just when I made up my mind to give it a far shake, something jumped up and slaped me right across the face.

I have no problem being proven wrong, but I am a little sad that I have to protest this Bill even more…..

I read that the AARP got a grant for $18 million dollar ?

And there are around 150 thousand people that pay over $500.00 per month to AARP for Medicare ?

I have been going to a great deal of trouble to show that this whole Health Care Package is a $100 Trillion dollar package.

Sooooo, this is why the AARP is in bed with the Government, wow, Welcome to the first steps for Force Pay in a split petition. wow ! this is what I get for staying out of issues for over 30 years…

This story is one of thousands of people who have been dumped on by Insurance Companies. So One day on a blog site i asked the big why… Why force pay into a failed system of Insurance Companies and at the same time tax that all ready burden system ?

It is because of a dirty little secret. This health care system is a $100 trillion dollar bread maker per year, and the tax lie was the secret of the 10% per cent tax across the board, so where does this secret tax money go ?….,….

I can show on page 100 at our site a conflict of information of numbers released by Officials, and it looks like a lot like borrowing from Paul to pay Petter… until I noted the balance of a number with just a top ten list of Health Care Insurance Companies, and this threw my mind off,

so at a kind of a low ball figure what is 100 milliom Health Care members x $100.00 per month x 12 months ?

Then I pulled a list of several hundred HCIC COs. It is stated that over 45 million people are not covered. So I did this at $5.00 per month for the poor x 12 ?

And last for this blog, I pulled the top 1000 Companies that face force pay. Please remember their are around 373 to 400 million people that are legal in the U.S. and around 117 million illeagle……..

Soooo, some body is taking cookies out of the jar, ohhh yea the are only around 250 million people old enough to work at a job, but according to lay offs there are around 173 million + people still working….

Hmmmm I got a little more work to do,

Henry Massingale

FASC Concepts in and for Pay It forward

http://www.fascmove.mysite.com on google page 1 american dream official site.

14. Henry Massingale, Pa says:

Shooot Im sorry, typ o on our site this is the corrected address

Henry Massingale

FASC Concepts in and for Pay It forward

http://www.fascmovement.mysite.com on google page 1 american dream official site.

15. Henry Massingale, Pa says:

To see the true Health Care Tax forum you must stop thinking in 3-D,This multi tax forum is against a $100 Trillion Dollar system.. …

To force pay into another system of failures within Health Care Insurance Groups.

This economy will not balance with this concept of a tax forum against the Health Care System. The issue of how to force pay into this system of Health Care may have worked but I am still troubled over the progressive tax forum within this Bill. It covers so many items and Countries that it only forces the system to adjust itself. In some areas, increases against the people and the troubled economy, and in other areas, less effects will be felt.

But this is my big problem, Government Officials seek help and they are to proud to ask us, “the true working force of Government.” It is understandable they have failed the People and within the United States Of America all we ask is to see us as who we are and not try to bring us into this world of the intellectual. I guess our Prime Directive is that of Star Trek, so it must be understood that for millions of people we are just as happy as can be making $13.00 per hour and we have no interest in this world of politics, and how to be a Enstine. Government Officials must understand that there is a level of people within different parts of this Country, that seek to be only that they find to make them happy.

As for this economy well, it is said that the U.S.A. Arms Division has created enough arsenal to destroy every last creature in the world 2 times over,built with tax dollars. This would be funny if not for the irony of it. And now as time has passed Government Officials keep failing. Before 9/11 all the way to today.

As it is in a world of a system, when employees continue to fail, one or two things happen, one; you get fired, two; if you see into a person a good, then it is political correct to implement a penalty or roll back in pay. But this implement of penalty is more favored in the course of action in the Federal Employment World. So how to fix the economy and unite it with the Health Care issue. It would be in the Countries best interest to implement a 10% per cent penalty against every State, County and Government Official within this Matrix of failures. Hey what is that old saying, what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander. I am serous about this, it is past due to show that our Government Officials they have failed, their system failure reaches into this world of warnings that they brush aside as if the information is not worthy noting. From Pearl Harbor to 9/11/2001 to 3/07/2010 of our tax system and Health Care Reform. This 10% per cent penalty should go into the Health Care Forum.

The big problem that Government Officials have is that they have no street credit. President Obama still has some but if he does not take his family and step away from these dueling Parties, that fight over this Health Care Dollar, and stand with Us he will lose all credit from the streets to the county.

President Obama, I would say to you, you have one last chance to regain the hopes and dreams of the American People. To reach out in a concept that states, if there is 250 million people in trouble because of these failures, I would give all my money to them and then I would say to all that I gave money to, “I have no money left, would you all please give me $1.00 back and then I would have $250. million dollars to start all over again.”

As for this $100,trillion dollar in site………….

Results 1 – 10 of about 685,000 for net worth of medicine development industry

Just to show how deep this Health Care Tax split petition reaches. The term split petition is used because of the Tax factor plan that is not seen because of the intent not to show a capital Taxing of close to a $100 trillion dollar package, a yearly system income, not profit…..

Some have stated that I clam to have spiritual in site or something of the sort. I assure you this is not true, so when I state that I asked God to help, it is my way of saying hey Bobby show me how to work on theses Chevy engines. But I do thank you for the consideration. Consider me a cross of Jethro Bodine from the Beverly Hill Billies with my 10th. Grade education and Vin Diesel from the move Pitch Black.

So drop on by and see page 100 at our site and follow the blue pill link

Health Care within a moral value, is to ,

{ GIVE LIFE TO HOPE WHERE THERE IS NONE }

Henry Massingale

FASC Concepts in and for Pay It Forward
      http://www.fascmovement.mysite.com on google. yahoo, and Aol.com

please take the time and visit all my new friends on the net and if you wish to post with FASC Concepts you will be most welcomed. So join us and share your ideas as one in one voice.