• Heritage Mourns Loss of Pastor Freddie Garcia

Pastor Freddie Garcia, founder of Victory Fellowship in San Antonio, Texas, was known for accepting the very people others gave up on. A former drug addict himself, Pastor Garcia approached broken lives with humility and determination. Today, Heritage remembers his life as one of great faith and self-sacrifice.

Faith-based and community groups across the country recognize Pastor Garcia and Victory Fellowship as the moral center of the faith-based movement. Over the course of four decades, 13,500 addicts were transformed into men of integrity and service. Out of this, recovered substance abusers established more than 70 satellite centers in New Mexico, Texas, Puerto Rico, Peru, Cuba, and other Latin American countries. These remarkable outcomes represent the lasting public good that can result from one private citizen’s action.

Pastor Freddie Garcia’s life is testament to the civil society we seek to honor and uphold here at The Heritage Foundation. While we mourn the loss of this American hero, we celebrate the life that has left an example for countless Americans to follow.

Posted in Culture [slideshow_deploy]

16 Responses to Heritage Mourns Loss of Pastor Freddie Garcia

1. Kiki Kless Bradley, says:

A great light indeed has gone out. The lessons learned from Pastor Garcia's work will continue to inspire and change lives long after his passing. What a blessing, role model, and life changer he has been to so many people including me. This world is certainly a better place because of Freddie.

2. Pastor Ray Chavez La says:

In Behalf of New Hope Ministries of Denver we send our condolences to the Garcia Family. We will continue praying for your Family.God Bless You.

In Christ,

Pastor Ray Chavez

P.S. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

3. Bobbie Jay says:

It is sad to go through the problems our personal choices may bring us. Such a blessing to gain strength and share that strength to save others. May his teachings in life, save many more here on. Thank you Father, for the blessing of Pastor Garcia. Our condolences to all touched by the goodness of this man.

4. Lore Silva says:

Blessed is the Lord for This Man (Pastor Garcia)who planted the seeds where my son David find the restoration of his life through our God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and his example. Thank you Lord for his life and for his family.

5. Lore Silva says:

Bendito sea Dios por la vida del Pastor Garcia,quien sembro de la abundancia de su corazon y la compasion por aquellos afectados for el abuso de substancias. Gracias Senor porque mi hijo David re-encontro al Senor por medio del apoyo y el amor que el Pastor Garcia ofrecia en su casa de oracion. Levanto mis plegarias a Dios por la vida de su querida familia

Lore Silva

6. Adam, San Antonio says:

Freddie was my Pastor, my hero I'll miss him but Glory to God because He fought the good fight.

7. John Valdez says:

My heart is drawn dry of tears, due to the passing on of a humble servant of God,into that which Christ has called us. Paul states: To be absent from this body is to be present with God.I just foound out of this and my heart is broken. I never got to meet Pastor Freddie but Christ spoke through him andI could hear every word with clearity. An obidient vessel, prompted to do the will of God. Feed my Sheep, as Christ commanded Peter. Thus Pastor Freddie did. I live in Houston and visit Victory Fellowship about 6 times a year. The last sermon I heard Pastor preach was on an Easter. I was given the Book Outcry in the BArrio and told to read it. I was not much of a reader but the Holy Spirit tugged at my heart and I began to read it and could not stop. It was then that the Holy Spirit lifted me to a different altitude and told me to breath. Freddie's life reflected the life of so many who was lost and desperate for one thing or the other that satified only the flesh.His transformation and the Light he cast through the power of God reached my heart and I began to walk in the nature of Christ. His obedience encouraged me, His love uplifted me, his humility sustained me because he always represented Christ. I am truly saddened but yet rejoicing for my brother has finished the race, He will trade his cross for a crown. I love the GARCIA Family though I have not met them. I have heard many CDs and cassettes. My prayers,and my love be with you all.

In Christ

John

8. antonio salgado says:

ase 7 anos yo estuve en la prision de la estado de oregon y ahora vivo con y mis hijos en el mismo estado. y en la prision donde estuve yo lei su testimonio y me senti tan mal que por esa vida que uste paso era similar a la mia y no se si uste se recuerda que yo y uste teniamos comunicasion des de que usted mi ablo de la palabra de dios mi senti una persona deferente. cuando sali de la prision me sacaron para mexico y cuando regrese al los estado unidos mi ablaron unos cristianos de la palabra de dios y como usted ya me a via ablado usted de la palabra de dios me comberti y me bautise en el nombre del senor jesus cristo y mi iglesia donde me congrego se llama Iglesia Apostolica de la Fe en Cristo Jesus. gracias le doy a dios que usted fue la primer persona que me ablo de dios yo quiero conocer lo en persona. yo quiero tener comunicasion con usted lo mas pronto que se pueda mi numer de telephono es (541) 693 3033 dios le bediga reciba saludos de parte de la familia salgado

9. Billy Boone, New Yor says:

May 14, 1990 I entered the Austin Texas branch of the Victory Fellowship Ministry. It was run by someone that Freddie Garcia had sent out. One of his "disciples" We would go to San Antonio every 6 months for a big get together with all the churches under Freddie. I sat in one of Freddie's discipleship classes, for a short time. I did lots of " discipline at Freddie's house. He was the real thing. Sorry I just heard of his passing. My heart goes out to his family. I owe Freddie. Thanks Freddie.

10. Arturo Cantu - Scher says:

I heard about Freddie Garcia from a neighbor just last Oct 2009. My son gave me the book "Outcry in the Barrio" for Christmas. I read it in evening, I just couldn't put it down. I re-read it again about 2 weeks later. Ive re-read pages

56 – 90 over and over again(the paperback). It's a miracle, amazing, incredible etc. etc…….

If after reading this book and you still don't believe in God and what he

does/can do for all of us, then you just don't want to know. If you still question and deny the existance of God then all I can say is "May God help you".

'Oh my Jesus, save us from the fires of hell, forgive us our sins, lead all souls into Heaven, especially those who most need your help"

Another book that I recommend is 'Satan's Underground' by Straford. There have been claims that all this is false and made up. You read the book and decide for yourself.

God Bless Freddie Garcia and all his Family. One man can and does make a difference.

11. José y Lydia says:

Buenas tardes y Dios Bendiga. Pertenecimos al hogar Clamor en el Barrio, terminando ambos el programa, pero tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar San Antonio Para la conferencia pasada del mes de enero 2010. Fué una experiencia maravillosa. La presencia de Dios estuvo en todo momento en el lugar. Paul en su dedicación a la alabanza y adoración a Dios fué intima con El. Jubal en su mensaje fué directo al grano de que tenemos que lanzarnos a conquistar un tierra. Una nación. Ninfa con sus consejos a las mujeres fué muy sabia.Para nosotros fué un honor el haber compartido con ustedes. Es una experiencia vivida que jamás olvidaremos. Dios les bendiga siempre

12. luis vilchiz lewisvi says:

buenos dias atraves de el libro de de el pastor freddie outcry inthe barrio mi vida es total mente diferente yo lo conosi por su testimony cuan do lo ley cuan do estube en prision en denton tx pero so que aya don de el se en cuetra con nuestro padre jesus sabe que real mente tubo victoria gracias dios bendiga a pastora ninfa garcia

13. chad atwood houston says:

my life was transformed one day in rio grand when i was led to my Lord Jesus Christ. cuse Freddie Garcia and and his love for the addicted and heart for the lost. he has followers and pastors he rasied up to surve the the all mighty. and i had the honor to meet him. i know still serve the all mighty and reach out to those who are forgoten and pushed aside. thank u Pastor Freddie Garcia

14. Erica, San Antonio, says:

There is nothing like the atmosphere in this church. Clearly, the presence of the Lord is there. San Antonio – - wake up to the gift we have with this church here. Their ministries are a blessing. May God Bless You All.

15. Santos Granados says:

nesesito el canto because he live by ninfa

16. Truth says:

Too bad his son who took over is corrupt. And behind closed doors it's manipulative and corrupt, filled with desire to control control control. All who have fallen under that guy Jubal looks like a different person now a days. The true joy of God is no longer in them. It's not what it used to be in the sense that it's just not all that real anymore. There's gotta be something wrong when families are being torn apart rather than brought together. And there's lots of infidelity and affairs going on. That is why I will never step foot in that place again. That's not God. God doesn't hurt people the way people have been hurt there. And if a man truly has God then the evidence will show. But to the Pastor there, money can only get you so far and you can only manipulate people for so long. And one day, if it isn't already coming out from under the table and being known now, things will be known and more people will be hurt. But my goodness, Pastor Freddie was the real deal. I can't say the same for the one who took over though and all that it's become.