• Half a Million Heritage Members Can’t Be Wrong

The Heritage Foundation has reached an important milestone in our ten-year Leadership for America campaign.

At the end of August, our membership rolls topped half a million for the first time, reaching 515,000. That’s up from 395,000 at the start of the year and 281,000 at the start of 2007. This brings us one step closer to our goal of one million members by 2017.

These members are concerned Americans from every state, from all walks of life, who have supported our work financially in the past two years. (Not a member? Join today.)

This growth reflects the continued importance of conservative principles. In the absence of real leadership from politicians and political parties, the American people are turning to The Heritage Foundation for solutions to today’s most pressing problems.

Through the Leadership for America campaign, we have rededicated ourselves to the principles that have made our nation great: free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.

We have a plan to translate these principles into concrete results in Washington and around the nation. And with an engaged membership growing in every Congressional district, we cannot fail to have an even greater influence on national policy debates as we move forward.

From all of us at Heritage, a big thank-you to our members and supporters.

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

7 Responses to Half a Million Heritage Members Can’t Be Wrong

1. Tyler Durden says:

Membership is up 30% in 8 months. Wow. Me thinks people are not too found of Obama's liberal ways. Once inflation starts to rise b/c of Obama's spending, expect even more of an outrage. I predict 1m members within 18 months. You heard it here first!

2. Bobbie Jay says:

And a bigger thank you to Heritage for truth and honesty. For allowing us a say in the government's distortion of America's freedom and values toward human life. Thank you Heritage, for all you continue to stand for.

3. Victor Gonzales, Ari says:

Heritage has been a valuable resource for me. I am a strict constitutional conservative of the age 26. I am also in the music business. You can guess how many of my friends and acquaintances are liberals Im sure. It's about 99 percent.

I dont make much money but I make sure to donate at least 20 dollars every other month to the Heritage foundation because even though before I was always able to dig up the proof I need to battle the morons I face daily and win Heritage has made my task much easier.

When I need info to back what I know ifs true about 90 percent of the time I can find the proof already laid out for me here saving me time.

Thank you for your good work. I love your organization and I tell everyone I can about it. The more people we get frequenting this site the better our chances are of winning the debates.

Thanks again for helping arm my guns of truth that pierce liberal ignorance on a daily basis.

Victor Gonzales

4. Rich, Kingwood, TX says:

Hello, my dear friends at Heritage!

I would love to be a member, and I believe in spirit I am. I gave last week, but for the mean time, my meagerly $5 was all I can afford. Thank you for being there for us who love the truth. Blessings to all of you, Rich Prickitt

5. Lloyd Scallan - New says:

Without The Heritage Foundation, The Fox News Channel, and conservative talk radio, where would this country be today. But Obama is fast at work trying to destroy any other voice, other that the

left-wing media that is largely responsible for his presence in the White House. We all should

keep a close eye on Obama's FCC czar (Lloyd) and his radical ideas of how he intends to silence all conservative voices.

6. Lynn B. DeSpain says:

We all come from different walks of life, from different life's experiences, from poverty to wealth, from grade school education to doctorates, from hands on working to using only the minds, but we are all united in that we have chosen to be free thinkers, free to express our opinions where others may fear being known and added to "The List", free to express ourselves in the hope of touching someone in a way that removes their bindings and they too join us with their ideas, not to agree but to express.

We are united in one thing and one thing only, and that is we are Americans who have chosen to believe that our Nation is worth saving, worth fighting for, worth risking our names, and whatever fortunes we may have. We believe as our founders beilieved, that this is a Nation of, for, and by the People and that the Federal Government's powers are only within the boundaries, the Laws, set forth in the Constitution and its Amendments.

Hozro

7. Christine Crapser, - says:

It's wonderful to see your membership growing, I can't afford to join just yet, but will soon. Thank you Heritage, we all need to stand up and take control of our great country again!