• Townhall Downfall: Rep. Baron Hill (D-IN) "This Is My Town Hall"

The Atlantic reports:

That’s what Rep. Baron Hill (D-IN), the policy leader of the conservative/moderate Blue Dog coalition, explained to a journalism student at a town-hall meeting Wednesday night who asked why she wasn’t allowed to videotape the event for a school project.

“This is my town hall meeting, and I set the rules, and I’ve had these rules,” Hill responded, in an authoritative tone. “Let me repeat that one more time. This is my town hall meeting for you. And you’re not going to tell me how to run my congressional office. Now, the reason why I don’t allow filming is that usually the films that are done end up on YouTube in a compromising position.”

Well, we can see how that worked out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmgQ2W3lhM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Posted in Obamacare [slideshow_deploy]

15 Responses to Townhall Downfall: Rep. Baron Hill (D-IN) "This Is My Town Hall"

1. Andrew, New York says:

Once again, hiding is usually done by those that need to for survival. I'm partial to making up my own mind about what I see. Maybe that is another decision that should be made for me. I should have known.

2. Buffalogal, NOrth Ca says:

HE FORGETS HE WORKS FOR US, THE PEOPLE, NOT!!!!! THE OTHER WAY AROUND. These politicians have grown arrogant and ALL need to be put out of office!!!!!

3. Bill San Antonio TX says:

A continuing example of the arrogance and lack of respect for constituents.

Another sad politician who has let power get to his head. He forgets WHO HE works for.

Stand up Hoosers and vote him OUT!

4. Bobbie Jay says:

Well, excuuuuuusssse me! You're actions and words don't lie on film, do they congressman? What are you hiding?

5. Pingback: Townhall Downfall: Rep. Baron Hill (D-IN) “This Is My Town Hall” | Conservative Principles Now

6. Pingback: » Financial News Update – 09/04/09 NoisyRoom.net: Where liberty dwells, there is my country…

7. Derek, Indiana says:

Yeah this guy is just full of himself. As a hoosier, I'm pretty upset with who this guy is and how he acts. Hopefully we can vote him out, he's a goofball.

8. Pam, Dallas, Texas says:

The national tea party rallies have received much attention and have given these elected officials food for thought. It's time to start pushing for term limits for all. These politicians who work for us need to reminded of this fact. With term limits they would concentrate on the right thing to do and not on what they need to do to be re-elected. These representatives need to eventually come back to their homes and live under the laws they pass for the rest of us. No one should be able to serve a lifetime in the government as many have done. Anyone willing to help me organize a trip to Washington D.C. to hammer home term limits legislation? It will take an effort but would be worth it.

9. crystal, indiana says:

LOL!!!! He obviously knows no more about technology than he does about representing this district! Did he happen to stop and think about how most youtube videos get recorded? It isn't by those asking to videotape. This just makes my job of leading a charge to remove him from office even easier! Any politician who has forgotten that they work for us (the constituents they are supposed to represent), should wise up, the American people are no longer staying silent. Baron can kiss his days in office goodbye!

10. Carson, Ill says:

I hope the voters of Indiana have enough good sense to vote this bum out.

11. Glenn, Lennon MI says:

Talk about arrogance. Rep Hill apparently feels that the town hall meeting is just a platform for him to tell his constituents "the way it is". With a remark like that, it is obvious that he did not intend to listen to what the voters in his district had to say. If he is afraid to have his statements recorded, maybe he should consider what he says before he opens his mouth. This is just another example of how little regard some of these elected officials have for those they are supposed to represent. Big changes coming to November 2010!!!

12. Kevin, Virginia says:

Although not a resident of Indiana, I am offended that Baron Hill would dismiss a member of the audience as quickly and without any consideration as he did in the video. By stating "This is my town hall meeting" is a statement that as many have said, is political suicide. Some here have stated that he works for the public, and thet is FACT. I guess when the election rolls around, the citizens of his district can say "This is our district and we vote for who we want in office, you don't tell us who to vote for!" I would push for impeachment simply based on the fact he does not have the support of his district.

13. Justin, Louisville K says:

Thats alright everyone. We have seen Glenn Beck help the people to get Van Jones smashed to dust. I have sent the Beck program the soundbit and video of this pompous weed along with the same comment as some of you had above about the man working for THE PEOPLE. Maybe if we're lucky he'll smash Congressman Hill into the dust if we're lucky. I am not a revolutionary, but I swear America, all of us that go to work every day for a living and have these people representing us….I feel an uprising. Im not an ignorant activist, but we can't just sit by on idle and let this garbage take place in our country. I want my kids to grow up in the same America that I grew up in.

14. Pingback: Instapundit » Blog Archive » DEMOCRATIC REP. BARON HILL DEFEATED IN INDIANA,  Fox reports. Hill was another victim of YouTube, c…

15. Pingback: Daily Pundit » Open Election Thread