• Government Has Twins! (You Get to Raise Them)

Social Security and Medicare are already tens of trillions of dollars in debt, and if Obama’s national health care program is passed, that will add another $9 trillion in debt. All of that debt gets to be paid for by you, dear taxpayer.

As this clever video shows, that’s like adding 2.3 children to every household in America. Only this government-newborn doesn’t come with the joy of raising one of your own or even an “It’s A Boy!” cigar. All you get is a lousy $400,000 in debt. Congratulations, new parents!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnc0CeUT-Lc[/youtube]

Posted in Economics [slideshow_deploy]

12 Responses to Government Has Twins! (You Get to Raise Them)

1. Bobbie Jay says:

Excluding the deserving military, military vets and the elderly, who should be exempt from all costs are forced to pay some costs for what they are entitled to… What we need to know is specifics. Who exactly are entitled? Why are they entitled and for how long are they entitled? The government's failure to specify leaves much to be suspicious of.

2. Dave, Washington DC says:

Isnt it funny that the generation that is not going to have the option to use these programs because they will surely be bankrupt by then is the exact generation that is being asked to pick up the tab for them. A quick good read is "Boomsday" by Christopher Buckley. It is very appropriate for the times…and alot of fun.

3. mark elder says:

If these are kids I must raise that I wont get I will say it is one Abortion I will agree with. Obama stop trying to destroy America!

4. Alex, Coral Springs, says:

Dave! You know what's even funnier? The generation that is not going to have the option to use these programs are the same zombies that voted for this tyrant. The media in this country is so corrupt that they select not to bring these facts up so they could help the tyrant complete his agenda.

5. John, Phoenix Arizon says:

I am curious. How much of the $9,000,000,000,000 is the result of illegal alien entitlements?

6. Roxanne, Colorado says:

The people that voted for this man and his "change" program deserve what they get, however, it is the rest of us that have to pay and suffer for their stupidity.

7. Ross writes, Undisc says:

Good explanation. After all these millions, billions, and trillions expenditures, no wonder we are in trouble. The government is out of control. Whatever happened to just plain financial commonsense; if you can't afford it, you don't buy it. Or that debt is the shackles of a financial slaves.

8. Fred, Santa Clara CA says:

The number I've been using for unfunded Medicare and Social Security liabilities is $23 Trillion. I'd be interested in the source. (That's the present value of projected liabilities.)

It's possible the $23 Trillion number was medicare and medicade. If someone can clear this up, I'd be grateful.

Both numbers are nightmares and show a complete breakdown by our elected officials to control cost. It's always more "goodies" to keep my constituents happy.

REMEMBER 2011! It's time to send most of the legislators home for good.

9. Pingback: » Financial News Update – 09/04/09 NoisyRoom.net: Where liberty dwells, there is my country…

10. Lynn B. DeSpain says:

Fortunately, We do not have to follow anything that our Federal Government says, or does, or demands, or requests, even by threat, if all remaining States that are not Sovereign become so! Those that are know that they can tell Obama and the others in Washington DC to stick it where the sun don't shine, becuase by Law they only have to follow the United States Constitution and its Amendments!

Hozro

11. John says:

When will Congress' overspending and borrowing ability run out? It can't come soon enough.

12. Laura, Oklahoma says:

Alex – I must contest with your statement. I am not a zombie, nor did I vote for him and neither did my 2-year-old or 5-year-old who will bear the greatest burden from this.