• Obamacare Does Cut Your Medicare Benefits

Yesterday at his AARP townhall, President Barack Obama claimed: “Nobody is talking about cutting Medicare benefits.” The July 28th Barack Obama needs to talk to the January 11th Barack Obama, who told ABC News:

We’ve got to eliminate programs that don’t work, and I’ll give you an example in the health care area. We are spending a lot of money subsidizing the insurance companies around something called Medicare Advantage, a program that gives them subsidies to accept Medicare recipients but doesn’t necessarily make people on Medicare healthier. And if we eliminate that and other programs, we can potentially save $200 billion out of the health care system.

Over one in five Medicare patients are enrolled in the Medicare Advantage plans that President Obama wants to completely cut. The benefits that over 10.5 million seniors would probably lose as a result of President Obama’s $200 billion in Medicare Advantage cuts include:

• prescription drug coverage
    • preventive-care services
    • coor­dinated care for chronic conditions
    • routine physical examinations
    • additional hospitalization
    • skilled nursing facility stays
    • routine eye and hearing examinations
    • glasses and hearing aids

Congress has been down this road before. After con­gressional cuts in Medicare Plus Choice in 1997, millions of seniors lost access to private health coverage. Heritage fellow Bob Moffit explains:

Traditional Medicare routinely covers only 54 percent of the total spending for beneficia­ries’ health care.[10] Without access to Medicare Advantage plans, seniors would have two choices: either settle for the inferior level of coverage of tra­ditional Medicare and go without the additional benefits or buy additional coverage through Medi­gap or some other supplemental coverage option. Meanwhile, the rollback of Medicare Advantage plans would impose a disproportionate burden on the low-income and minority seniors who enroll in them, as well as reduce seniors’ access to Medicare Advantage plans in rural areas.

Posted in Obamacare [slideshow_deploy]

46 Responses to Obamacare Does Cut Your Medicare Benefits

1. Lavonne - Fort Mill says:

By cutting out the Medicare Advantage program it will force retirees to carry a Medigap policy that can costs hundreds a month which may be the reason AARP is supporting the Healthcare Bill.

• This is why I no longer am a AARP member. I don't support Obama care. I think many people don't realize the
        cost for health insurance will go way up for Seniors, people that have high deductables, or have no insurance.
        This cost will affect lower income people when they can least afford it.

2. Wayne H. Roth Mcd says:

wayneandpatty@hky.com

Please do not cut Medicare benefits!

Please cut corp. taxes!

Please cut taxes on small business!

So the economy will turn around!

Please do not ram any more stupid stimulus bills down our throats!

Health care bill take time to read the damn thing!

OPEN GOVERMENT ???? Same old,Same old,CHANGE IS EVEN WORSE!!!

IT EASY TO SPEND MONEY YOU DON'T WORK FOR!!!!!

3. Mike Hamilton, Hoove says:

Normally, I would agree, but the Advantage plans were supposed to save the program 5%, and they are now subsidized about 18%. Why should I pay for a Medigap policy to get less coverage than the Advantage plan enrollees enjoy at taxpayer expense? I compared three Advantage plans coverage to my actually expenses for a year and found that the cheapest would have cost me more than $8000 in additional out-of-pocket costs. That includes eye glasses, etc. that I paid for entirely, but I wouldn't swap traditional Medicare and my Medigap policy for any Advantage plan I have ever seen, even free ones, if I could avoid it. If the insurer's are so good, why can't they make do with the same funding?

4. Norma Jean Wiley,Hil says:

There once was a land of the "Free.

Called America,or the U.S.A. you see.

But little by little and

Day by day

More and more freedoms have dwindled away.

Now we are faced with the strength of "the lie"

and as others before us, it is live free or die.

{health care is a prime example} Read it,tell others!!!

5. Kingsley R. Fairchil says:

Wayne above had good comments. It seems rather ludicrous to me, that our representatives in Congress would expemt themselves from the benefits of the proposed health plan that they so strongly endorse for the general public. I would think that after using the plan that they constructed for themselves that they would want to extend those same gracious benefits to the people who they are supposed to be representing within the halls of OUR government. We are paying for their salaries and benefits, for as yet I have not seen a single government program that brought about any funds that would increase the treasury. Maybe at the next election we consider not voting for any incumbent who appears to be more concerned about re-election than what needs to be done to make the country less dependent on big government. Just an idea.

6. Ann Backhurst says:

Please do not cut Medicare Benefits. I have a wonderful BCBS Advantage plan and I need to stay with that because one of the doctors I really need for a serious problem only takes BCBS.

And don't make it so elders after a certain age will just be given a pain pill instead of a needed operation. Don't condemn us to an early death.

7. Steve, Iowa says:

Medicare Advantage is nothing more or less than corporate welfare, courtesy George Bush. We taxpayers give private insurance companies tens of billions of dollars to cherry pick the healthiest (lowest cost) patients and offer them the same things patients can already get under standard Medicare but for much more money. It is significantly more expensive to treat Medicare patients under these plans. The plans engage in misleading sales tactics to get seniors to sign up without realizing what they are doing. That is why every thoughtful person and organization that cares about high quality, cost effective health care is in favor of Obama's plan to eliminate this corporate boondoggle once and for all.

• F. Dorothy Halcomb says:

You are absolutely right, Steve! I am a low income Senior who was persuaded by a Medicare Advantage sales rep to change from my original Medicare for supposedly better vision and dental coverage. I soon found that I would not be able to use my PCP and the specialists that had treated me for years or the hospital nearest me, which I have used for years. So, I changed to another Advantage plan, making sure I could use the doctors and facilities which were nearest me and had my records. Then, I found that the plan would not pay for respiratory supplies, diabetes supplies (which Medicare did), half my medications, or the monitoring of my defibrillator and pacemaker device. Unlike the original Medicare, the Advantage plans required that I get referrals to go to my specialists every time. Then, big surprise! I had to pay huge copays to go to those specialists, my PCP, the ER, and God knows what else. That rep from HealthSpring had told me I would "not have to show" my card that paid my copays when I questioned her about my HealthSpring card that showed what my copays were.

I had to cancel 3 doctor appointments for November because of these private companies' "equal to or better than" coverage, and I called Medicare to change back to my old coverage. I got calls from a respiratory supplies source notifying me that my HealthSpring Advantage would not pay for my supplies. My cardiologist office notified me that my heart monitoring device report would not be paid for by HealthSpring Advantage.

I really did not benefit from the dental coverage, either. The Advantage plan rep also lied to me about the costs of the dental coverage (I did not bother using their vision plan). I should have gone to a dental clinic or a local dental school which charge according to income. WalMart fills eyeglasses prescriptions at a very reasonable price, and others in my family are happy with that service.

It is cheaper to run the original Medicare program for everyone than to subsidize these private companies which do not cover as much and which are not as efficient.

Dorothy
        Madison TN

8. JoAnne, New Jersey says:

I am suspect when I read your article on Medicare Advantage since your mission statement states "limited government" and therefore is against any entitlement programs such as Medicare. e.g. "Our Mission

To formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense."

9. Mike & Pat Warne says:

We promise you, we will work hard to dump anyone voting for the obamacare bills. We know what you are doing and want no part of it. America is better than that.

10. Mike & Pat Warne says:

P.S. We also cut AARP. It is a scam. They are only out to take our money.

11. Jo Ann Amelio - New says:

This would be catastrophic for Obama to cut anything that helps Seniors in any way, shape or form.

This is dangerous for our elderly.

12. Jeanne Stotler, Wood says:

I also dumped AARP, they offer nothing but support for the liberals. I have traditional Medicare and Medigap from BC/BS, true I pay over a hundred extra a month but I AM IN CHARGE. As a nurse I believe we have a good medical in USA, first some need to put priorities in order, I recently saw a homeless man take a picture with a $300 blackberry of Michelle Obama, I know people with 3 cars and no health ins, they have cable,new TV's etc. It's not about the true poor, it's about those who want something for nothing, there is "No free lunch"

13. Richard, rural Texas says:

President Obama and the Democratic party hates the military, the proof of this is in the Congressal Budget Office's Volume I, Healthcare, which is the plan to safe money from Medicare. It makes large cuts in Tri-Care, which is the HMO usde by active and retired military. They are going to ram it home to retired military with the Tri-Dare supplement to Medicare which is forced on retirees. They also want the treatment facilities on bases to start chargeing retired military for their treatment. The Democrats want to make retired military service personal walfare patients.

Any Senator or Congressman that vote for Obamacare should be forced into the plan, see if it still passes that way.

14. Kathryn, Southern Ca says:

I have had Medicare Advantage for 4 years and it is a good plan. My deductible is $1,200.00 and 10% of all medical bills, so my monthly fees are very low. This to me is the best program, I only go to the doctor for check-ups and serious illnesses, not for a cold, sore arm or anything that over the counter medications will treat.

I have lived long enough to have some knowledge of how to care for myself and not depend upon the government or the doctors for every little illness.

15. jumpin john says:

you can't reduce health care cost by more government spending. We need empowered consumers in a competitive free market, period.

16. Jane Roseville Calif says:

Good for you Mike & Pat. My husband & I never joined because we already knew they were a left wing liberal organization that wants nothing but "your money" to campaign for their interests. We are telling all our friends to either drop them or never join.

17. Tricia, Arizona says:

If you [mistakenly] believe that it is only our health care at risk, pay closer attention. It's our very freedom at risk. This administration is not concerned with our health. Congress? They are buying and selling votes as if "the people" don't even exist. Nobody will save our freedom but us. Get involved. Be sure to vote these career politicians out of office. Get to know those that you vote for, before you vote. We also have a responsibility. When these guys come home for the August recess, tell them how you feel. Bombard their offices. They are there to serve you. Remind them.

The SEIU and Mr. Obama have the same agenda. To remake America. SEIU, Acorn, and Mr.Obama are joined at the hip. We have a responsibility to know who we vote into office.

18. Lloyd Scallan - New says:

Mike and Pat express how most of us feel. One big problem. If we all don't stop the national news media's disinformation, and groups like ACORN, our votes will not matter. We don't have a chance at the ballot box. The only hope two hopes are; the first, I would be sent to jail for. The second is to throw every member of congress out and start form scratch.I really cannot see any other way to save this country.

19. Tim AZ says:

I am left to conclude that liberating ones soul from their body makes them healthier. While there may be some truth to this in the end. From whom do these bureaucrats obtain the authority to make such decisions. I believe these decisions make up the bulk of their efficiencies Mao-Bama likes to talk about. How's that hope and change working out for you?

20. Cheryl Perasso, La V says:

I don't really know if AARP is a scam but if they support Obama's health care program then I think all of us that are members of AARP should cancel our memberships. When I read the articles in the AARP magazines and AARP Bulletins, they definetly

lean towards liberal views. Are they really looking out for seniors? What promises has Obama made to them? Perhaps insurance policies? Also, cutting Medicare is not the answer. We need to fix what we have now, not lose it. In addition, I strongly oppose subsidizing abortion which is included in the Obamacare bill. This must be stopped!

21. Deborah, Texas says:

I, too, did not renew AARP membership quite a while back when I realized their agenda was really not what was in the best interest of the seniors they purport to advocate.

22. Chuck in Virginia says:

How can President Obama hold so many townhall meetings when he does not know what will be in a bill yet to be passed. The Democract can not even agree what should be included and how we will pay for healthcare. He has shown no interest in any of the details, as with the stimulus bill. So why is he qualified to sell this to the public.

We have a right to be skeptical. We have all experience a sales pitch without much substance.

23. Cheryl Perasso, La V says:

My husband and I are totally at odds as to what we can do to stop this madness. We call, write, email and sign petitions. Is our government listening? We need to stand up for our rights and freedom. Our young people may not think that this is important now but someday they will be seniors or taking care of their parents. Do they want the burden of paying for their parents health care expenses? Do they want the government to make the decision of whether their parents should get proper treatment at the end or their life or be responsible for their death? Think about it.

24. Jerry from Chicago says:

They say in order to be a good liar, you must have a very good memory and Mr. Obama's memory isn't very good. On Jan.11, 2009 he tells ABC News that we need to cut programs like the Medicare Advantage. This is program where a person 65 or older signs up with an insurance company HMO and they provide all of your care and get paid by Medicare for those benefits which Medicare is supposed to pay for; the HMO functions as a Supplement to Medicare, picking up the balance of your claims. About 20% of those on Medicare have subscribed to this kind of program.

On July 28, 2009, just 6 months later, Mr. Obama says "Nobody's talking about cutting Medicare".

Mr. Obama, most of the time, doesn't know what he's talking about. He has had no training or experience in economics; finance; banking; the automotive industry; or the insurance industry. Undaunted by his lack of training or experience in these areas, he has seen fit to take over the U.S. banking system, the U.S. auto industry and now wants to dictate the terms of national health care.

Mr. Obama has had training and experience in the law, at Harvard no less. One wonders if this is where he learned the ethics and responsiblities a lawyer has to a client. He must have learned that it is right, just and ethical to sign into law bills that were just to lengthy to read before hand. Apparently, Mr. Obama and other members of the Congress and Senate must have had similar legal training. We Americans are the clients of Mr. Obama. He is a lawyer. We pay him to represent us. Are there any cannons of legal ethics that an attorney must swear to uphold before being granted a license to practice law?

With him, the end justifies the means. If he needs to lie to get what he wants, no problem.

He has broken every campaign promise he has made and he says that his critics should be ashamed.

His critics did not quadruple the national deficit is 6 months; he did. His critics did not implement an $800 billion Stimulus bill that put no one back to work; he did. His critics are not the ones who want to tax the American people and American businesses into poverty; he does. His critics are not the ones who want government to run every aspect of our lives, who feel that the Bill of Rights is too restrictive on GOVERNMENT, who uses every opportunity to apologize for America around the world and who turns a cold shoulder to our allies while kissing up to our enemies; HE IS!!

How can anyone, why would anyone, believe anything this man says? I know he has a nice smile and seems like a nice guy. But he is at heart a socialist who believes that the government should be in charge of everything and that he should be in charge of the government. He believes in a world where individual hard work, merit and achievement somehow result in the diminishment of others. In his world view, those who have achieved some degree of success have no right to the fruits of their labors and that those fruits must be confiscated by a compassionate, all-knowing and all-righteous government and be re-distributed to those who have not succeeded. All of these views can be summarized into the admonition, "From each according to his abilities; to each according to his needs." This is not a new idea; it's been tried before; it doesn't work.

The fact that Mr. Obama doesn't know what he's talking about doesn't frighten me. The fact that he doesn't read legislation before he signs it doesn't frieghten me. The fact that he lies constantly doesn't frieghten me. What does frighten me however, is the fact that he has bamboozled a majority of the voting public that these things don't matter.

25. Concerned citizen, N says:

Steve from Iowa sounds like he is close to OVER-DOSING on the

Kool-aid ,wonder if he has a "living will" or maybe he needs a

visit from a govt.approved counselor to discuss "End of Life"

choices now! Guess he has missed the news about the currently

govt.run healthcare facilities….Veteran hospitals in more than

one state sending out warnings to vets who'd colonoscopies at their hospitals need to have blood work done to determine whether

they had been exposed to HIV and/or Hepatitis since some staff

failed to sterilize the equipment between patients! How's that for "quality care" steve? and counting on the Govt to cut costs

and provide more access to all (despite the fact that 43% of the uninsured can afford it but chose not to have that money

taken out of their paycheck as they feel they can beat the odds and not suffer a catastrophic injury or illness.The poor

are covered (even illegals in California already get Free care,Single moms with kids get" WIC" and some currently on Medicare also get Medicaid (nevermind it is estimated $70 to

$120 billion is wasted or lost due to Fraud) TORT Reform would

cut costs since Drs would not have to practice "defensive Medicine",doing extra tests etc.to avoid malpractice suits and

no one in this country is dying for lack of access because they

aren't insured(E.R,'s can't refuse to treat any life threatening conditions regardless of whether the patient can pay(Of-course if you are Michelle O'Bama working with Americorps in Chicago ,you can teach healthcare personnel how

to give"bandaid" first-aid style care and send the"uninsured"

to another hospital to keep beds available to the wealthier,

insured patients in the community..nevermind that" Patient-dumping" practice was outlawed during the Reagen years but hey

Chicago has always played by a different set of rules…Rhamn

Emmanuel rec'd over $320,000 working for Freddie & Fannie,

teaching "accounting tricks"to those responsible in making sure

the bottom line did not reflect the impending doom.When congressional hearings were held Barney Frank Assured us Fannie&Freddie were sound,Maxine Walters acted annoyed that Congress had to waste time trying check on the solvency of those orgs.Harry Raines ended up going to jail for his part in

corrupt schemes ,unlike Chris Dodd & Barrack O'bama (State sen.

at the time he joined Dodd in a filibuster to avoid the efforts

of Republicans to "rein in F&F" due to their disregard for sound financial practices and former requirements in favor of giving undocumented (sub-prime)loans to the "poor"so they could buy a home ("Social Justice" On Parade)regardless of

ability to pay monthly mortgages!Coincidently,Sen.O'Bama and

Sen.Dodd rec'd the largest amountS of CAMPAIGN FUNDING $$ FROM

cOUNTRYWIDE(ONE OF THE MAIN PROVIDERS of Sub-prime loans)Obama

also got some great real estate deal thanks to Reines prior to

his conviction and Chris Dodd got bill clinton to pardon his

friend so he could partner with the guy to purchase a "cottage"

in Ireland. But hey, asst.atty general,Eric Holder

didn't follow protocal & notify his superiors,but went over their heads and straight to Pres.Clinton and obtained "a pardon" for convicted felon & fugitive, Marc Rich,(who was on the F.B.I's most wanted list;perhaps explains why Holder did

not didn't tell his boss or the State Dept.but went directly

to Clinton for the pardon(Shining example of Law & order,eh?) by the future Atty Gen.Holder(Top Law Enforcement Officer)

So should we be surprised that a respected civil rights atty

who has supported Democrats since the 60's have his attempts

to prosecute the guys responsible for blatantly obvious intimidation of voters(captured on tape and seen by millions of TV viewers on election day)Obama promised "Change"who knew

that meant disregard for the law (bankruptcy law or 2008 law

sponsored by Sen.Barrack O'Bama which is supposed to protect

an Inspector General from Political retribution by those he is

investigating)of-course if information about corruption and/or

abuse of Taxpayers money involves the current First Lady's

involvement with Americorps "patient dumping" scheme in N.Y and Sacramento's mayor's misuse of taxpayers money(coincidently

the mayor is a friend and big supporter of the president) but is that why Walpin was fired abruptly which violated the 2008 law which mandated congress be notified in writing 30 days before attempting to remove any Inspector General!?Today Justice Dept dropped all charges against 2 members of the new

Black Panther Party except for the "Brandishing of a deadly weapon" by one and he had to relinquish his nightstick!The lawyer who attempted to prosecute the guys who were seen by millions of TV viewers on election day blatantly attempting to

intimidate voters was a democratic civil rights lawyer since the 60's and said he'd never seen a more obvious example of

voter intimidation.Too bad his case was not heard before the

inauguration and the new Justice Dept with its fearless leader

who after he took office ,admonished americans,complaining that

"We are a nation of Cowards" integrated at work and segregated

on Sunday going to different churches!Afraid to have a real discussion about race? Maybe Prof.Gates could invite some "regular folks" to visit Martha's vineyard,not meet at his home but perhaps on a secluded beach so Prof.Gates could pontificate to the peasants,then "get down with the crowd",

maybe smoke "whatever" and drink a few beers & sing "Cum Bah Yah"!!?What a crock!Arrogant elitist marxist egomaniac (Prof.

is a kindred spirit with the Messiah)

26. Norm, Harrison, TN says:

It is very evident that our president doesn't give a rip about us seniors. After all, many of us won't be around to vote him out in 2012 and he believes he can afford those "few" votes if he can gain more by giving those dollars that once belonged to Medicare supporters to a greater number of illegal immigrants. If he can control the census in 2010 as indicated earlier, he will certainly get more of those votes. Of course by making sure the union card check system goes into effect he can gain a goodly number of union members votes there too. Let's face it, we're all headed for more difficult times if our president stays on the course he has layed down thus far. Jerry was so right, writing from Chicago, the man has a hard time telling the nation the truth of what he's planning.

27. jim sardis,ms says:

Sounds like the fed wants to do away with current providers to the Medicare plans and turn it over to AARP who must be the highest bidder. Then,they will do what the others are doing. All the plans hooked up with Medicare are no good unless you have a retirement other than SS.to pay for it. The plan 'b' program makes list of uncovered drugs as soon as they are prescribed by the doctor to keep from paying anything. The bad thing is that once,you find out you have a rip off plan,you have to keep getting ripped off for an entire year until you can get it dropped or changed. All the insurance companies want the same thing,insure people like me that do not have bad health. You pay the premiums and they pay out nothing.

28. Jim - Houston, Texas says:

My wife and I have recently cancelled our AARP memberships as have many of your writers. That organization no longer represents the interests of seniors, but rather has probably cut a deal with Obama et al to benefit from program administration under the Obamacare scheme.

Many of the best medical professionals in Houston will no longer accept traditional Medicare due to extensively late payments by federal Medicare sources. I suspect a signifcant portion of "the 18% premium" reported by Obama for the Medicare Advantage plans is actually a saving to the the taxpayer by bypassing the broken government reimbursement system.

29. Medina, Kissimme, Fl says:

It's outrageous how these elected members are treating the American voters who put them in their power position. the are defending to indefensible. Obama's Health care should be called "The Death care Bill". If this bill is so "good" in the services as those who are in favor claim, will they and Obama switch theirs to it, or is it just for citizens who are paying their salaries, who they don't earned them with the lousy job they are performing? Where is the transparency promised by this administration? It's worst than the Bush one.Americans wake up and see the danger of this "Death Pill plan" who am sure neither Obama & his group will not use it, but they want to push it through our throats, even we do not approved of it. As the saying: Do as I said, not as I do???? God do Justice, we pray!

30. Medina, Kissimme, Fl says:

Yes, ARP is making plenty of money and I think they get taxpayers money, too. They are in bed with the Democrat party and dealing with health programs,too, which are expensive.

I had my home and car insurances with them, only on the first years was lower, but then it keep creeping up, so we got another insurance with real lower premiums as soon as it was up for renewal. ~I did not even know there was a fee to cancelled my insurance!~ I never was told about it. Yes, I did NOT pay it, I was too long with them and was not going to pay! This to me was a dirty trick. I will NOT recomend them to no one, which is a good way to get at their pockets.

31. Steve- Oklahoma Cit says:

Several of you may not like Medicare Advantage Plans. But it does gives you another option. Very few people have Medicare only. Why? Because if all you have is Medicare and you go in the hospital you are responsible for the $1068 deductible. And this is NOT a yearly deductible. It is a benefit period deductible. If you are unfortunate enough to be in the hospital over 60 days, you have to pay $256 per day…over 90 days in the hospital and you have to pay $512 per day. What about Dr's? Well you have another deductible. You pay the first $135 of Dr.'s bills. Then Medicare pays 80% of the approved charge and you owe the other 20%. Who can afford 20% of the surgeon, assitant surgeon, Anesthesiologist and other specialist…And don't be fooled, Medicare DOES NOT pay for most prescription drugs. You have to purchase another plan (part D) if you want prescription drug coverage. Is this the type of plan you want? A $1068 hospital deductible ( per benefit period, not yearly) another $135 Dr. deductible. And NO PRESCRIPTION DRUG COVERAGE!!! Medicare's coverage is so limited that most buy additional coverage. And Medicare is not free, look at your Social Security Check, most people on Medicare have $96.40 taken out of their check… some even more and if you are working even more. The Medicare Advantage Plan in my area has a $250 hospital copay, $5 Dr's visits and Prescription coverage for generic and brand name. This is a good option. If you don't care for that, you can choose from several Medicare Supplement plans and Part D Plans (that cover prescriptions). They too are good options. All I know is I want options. Let me choose the coverage that is right for me not the government.

32. Another Concerned Ci says:

It is my hope that people wanting "change" in this country will wake up to the "real change" that is on the way. President Obama, while Campaigning, did tell us his vision for change. Many of us were really not listening or didn't believe he really meant what he was saying. Now we are learning what that vision really is and we dont like the freedoms that we are loosing for that "real change". Health Care Reform is just one of the battles in the "Total Vision"

The Administrations activities should remind us of this Presidential quote:

Freedom is never more that one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free…Ronald Regan

Please Wake up America. Let your represenatives in Congress know how you really feel.

33. John Cincinnati Ohi says:

HR 3200 currently under consideration in the House of Representatives

Pg 22 of the HC Bill MANDATES the Govt will audit the books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Pg 30 Sec 123 of HC bill – THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get

Pg 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill – YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

Pg 42 of HC Bill – The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your benefits for you. You have no choice!

Pg 50 Section 152 in HC bill – HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise

Pg 58HC Bill – Gov’t will have real-time access to individual’s finances & a National ID Health care card will be issued!

Pg 59 HC Bill lines 21-24 Govt will have direct access to your banks accts for electronic funds transfer.

Pg 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72 Lines 8-14 Govt is creating an HC Exchange to bring priv HC plans under Govt control.

Pg 84 Sec 203 HC bill – Govt mandates ALL benefit packages for private Health Care plans in the Exchange

Pg 85 Line 7 HC Bill – Specs for of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Govt will ration your Healthcare!

Pg 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill – Govt mandates linguistic appropriate services.

Example – Translation for illegal aliens.

Pg 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Govt will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Govt HC plan

Pg 85 Line 7 HC Bill – Specs of Ben Levels 4 Plans. #AARP members – Your Health Care WILL be rationed

Pg 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill – Medicaid Eligible Individual will be automat.enrolled in Medicaid. No choice.

Pg 124 lines 24-25 HC No company can sue Govt on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Govt Monopoly.

Pg 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill – Doctors/ #AMA – The Govt will tell YOU what you can make.

Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public opt plan. NO CHOICE

Pg 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for HC for part time employees AND their families.

Pg 149 Lines 16-24 ANY Employer w/ payroll 400k & above who does not prov. pub opt. pays 8% tax on all payroll

Pg 150 Lines 9-13 Biz w payroll btw 251k & 400k who doesnt provide public opt pays 2-6% tax on all payroll Pg 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesnt have acceptable HC according to Govt will be taxed 2.5% of income.

Pg 170 Lines 1-3 Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay).

Pg 195 Officers & employees of HC Admin (GOVT) will have access to ALL Americans financial and personal records.

Pg 203 Line 14-15 HC – “The tax im posed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that. Pg 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill Govt will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.

Pg 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill – Doctors, it does not matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the same.

Pg 253 Line 10-18 Govt sets value of Dr’s time, prof judg, etc. Literally value of humans.

Pg 265 Sec 1131Govt mandates & controls productivity for private HC industries.

Pg 268 Sec 1141 Fed Govt regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.

Pg 272 SEC. 1145. Treatment of certain cancer hospitals – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!

Page 280 Sec 1151 The Govt will penalize hospitals for what Govt deems preventable readmissions. (Incentives for hospital to not treat and release.)

Pg 298 Lines 9-11 Drs, treat a patient during initial admission that results in a readmission-Govt will penalize you.

Pg 317 L 13-20 PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Govt tells Drs. what/how much they can own.

Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion- Govt is mandating hospitals cannot expand.

pg 321 2-13 Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can you say ACORN?!!

Pg335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339 – Govt mandates established of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing.

Pg 341 Lines 3-9 Govt has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans (Part B), HMOs, etc. Forcing people into Govt plan.

Pg 354 Sec 1177 – Govt will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people!

Pg 379 Sec 1191 Govt creates more bureaucracy – Telehealth Advisory Committee. HC by phone/Internet?

Pg 425 Lines 4-12 Govt mandates Advance [Death] Care Planning Consult. Think Senior Citizens end of life.

Pg 425 Lines 17-19 Govt will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of atty. Mandatory!

Pg 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Gov’t provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death.

Pg 427 Lines 15-24 Govt mandates program for orders for end of life. The Gov’t has a say in how your life ends.

Pg 429 Lines 1-9 An “adv. care planning consult” will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.

Pg 429 Lines 10-12 “adv. care consultation” may incl an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOV

Pg 429 Lines 13-25 – The govt will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life

(NOTE FROM RJ: The above really does give the government the authority to determine who lives and dies, and when. A government bureaucrat really will be making this decision for you and your loved ones.)

Pg 469 – Community Based Home Medical Services=Non profit orgs. Hello, ACORN Medical Svcs here!!?

Pg 472 Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORG. 1 monthly payment to a community-based org. Like ACORN?

Pg 489 Sec 1308 The Govt will cover Marriage & Family therapy. They will insert Government into your marriage. Pg 494-498 Govt will cover Mental Health Svcs including defining, creating, rationing those svcs

PG 502 Sec 1181 Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research Established. – Hello Big Brother – Literally.

Pg 503 Lines 13-19 Gov’t will build registries and data networks from YOUR electronic med records.

Pg 503 lines 21-25 Gov’t may secure data directly from any depart or agency of the US including your data.

Pg 504 Lines 6-10 The “Center” will collect data both published & unpublished (that means public & your private info)

PG 506 Lines 19-21 The Center will recommend policies that would allow for public access of data.

PG 518 Lines 21-25 The Commission will have input from HC consumer reps – Can you say unions & ACORN?

PG 524 18-22 Comparative Effectiveness Research Trust Fund set up. More taxes for ALL.

PG 621 Lines 20-25 Gov’t will define what Quality means in HC. Since when does Gov’t know about quality?

Pg 622 Lines 2-9 To pay for the Quality Standards, Govt will transfer $$ from to other Govt Trust Funds. More Taxes.

PG 624 “Quality” measures shall be designed to assess outcomes & functional status of patients.

PG 624 “Quality” measures shall be designed to profile you including race, age, gender, place of residence, etc

Pg 628 Sec 1443 Gov’t will give “Multi-Stake Holders” Pre-Rule Making input into Selection of “Quality” Measures.

Pg 630 9-24/631 1-9 Those Multi-stake holder groups incl. Unions & groups like ACORN deciding HC quality.

Pg 632 Lines 14-25 The Gov’t may implement any “Quality measure” of HC Services as they see fit.

PG 633 14-25/ 634 1-9 The Secretary may issue non-endorsed “Quality Measures” for Physician Services & Dialysis Services.

Pg 635 to 653 Physicians Payments Sunshine Provision – Gov’t wants to shine sunlight on Docs but not Govt.

Pg 654-659 Public Reporting on Health Care-Associated Infections – Looks okay.

PG 660-671 Doctors in Residency – Gov’t will tell you where your residency will be, thus where you’ll live.

Pg 676-686 Gov’t will regulate hospitals in EVERY aspect of residency programs, incl. teaching hospitals.

Pg 686-700 Increased Funding to Fight Waste, Fraud, and Abuse. You mean like the Gov’t with an $18 million website?

PGs 701-704 Sec 1619 If your part of HC plan isn’t in Gov’t HC Exchange but you qualify for Fed aid, no payment.

PG 705-709 SEC. 1128 If Secr gets complaints (ACORN) on HC provider or supplier, Gov’t can do background check.

PG 711 Lines 8-14 The Secretary has broad powers to deny HC providers/ suppliers admittance into HC Exchange. Your doctor could be thrown out of business.

Pg 719-720 Sec 1637 ANY Doctor who orders durable med equip or home med services MUST be enrolled in Medicare.

PG 722 Sec 1639 Gov’t MANDATES Doctors must have face to face with patient to certify patient for Home Health Svcs.

PG 724 23-25 PG 725 1-5 The same Gov’t certifications will apply to Medicaid & CHIP (your kids)

PG 724 Lines 16-22 Gov’t reserves rt to apply face to face certification for patient to ANY other HC service.

Pg 735 lines 16-25 For law enforce. proposes the Secretary-HHS will give Atty General access to ALL data.

PG 740-757 Gov’t sets guidelines for subsidizing the uninsured (Thats your tax dollars people)

Pg 757-762 Fed gov’t will shift burden of payments to Disproportionate Share Hospitals (DSH) to States. (Taxes)

Pg 763 1-8 No DS/EA hospitals will be paid unless they provide services without regard to national origin

Pg 765 Sec 1711 Gov’t will require Preventative Services including vaccines. (Choice?)

Pg 768 Sec 1713 Gov’t – Nurse Home Visitation Svcs (Hello union paybacks)

Pg 769 11-14 Nurse Home Visit Svcs include-economic self-sufficiency, employ adv, school-readiness.

Pg 769 3-5 Nurse Home Visit Services – “increasing birth intervals between pregnancies.” Govt ABORTIONS anyone

Pg 770 SEC 1714 Fed Gov’t mandates eligibility for State Family Planning Services. Abortion & State Sovereign.

Pg 789-797 Gov’t will set, mandate drug prices, controlling which drugs brought to market. Bye innovation.

Pgs 797-800 SEC. 1744 PAYMENTS for graduate medical education. The government will now control Drs’ education.

PG 801 Sec 1751 The Govt will decide which Health care conditions will be paid. Say RATION!

Pg 810 SEC. 1759. Billing Agents, clearinghouses, etc req. to register. Gov’t takes over private payment sys.

Pg 820-824 Sec 1801 Govt will identify individ. ineligible for subsidies. Will access all personal financial information.

Pg 824-829 SEC. 1802. Govt Sets up Comparative Effectiveness Research Trust Fund. Another tax black hole.

PG 829-833 Gov’t will impose a fee on ALL private health ins. plans incl. self insured to pay for Trust Fund!

PG 835 11-13 fees imposed by Gov’t for Trust Fund shall be treated as if they were taxes.

Pg 838-840 Gov’t will design & implement Home Visitation Program for families with young kids & families expect kids.

PG 844-845 This Home Visitation Prog. includes Gov’t coming into your house & telling you how to parent!!!

Pg 859 Gov’t will establish a Public Health Fund at a cost of $88,800,000,000. Yes that’s Billion.

Pg 865 The Gov’t will MANDATE the establishment of a National Health Service Corps.

PG 865 to 876 The NHS Corps is a program where Drs. perform mandatory HC for 2yrs for part loan repayment.

PG 876-892 The govt takes over the education of our Med students and Drs.

PG 898 The Govt will establish a Public Health Workforce Corps to ensure supply of public health prof.

PG 898 The Public health workforce corps shall consist of civilian employees of the U.S. as Secretary deems.

PG 898 The Public health workforce corps shall consist of officers of Regular & Reserve Corps of Service.

PG 900 The Public Health Workforce Corps includes veterinarians.

PG 901 The Public Health Workforce Corps WILL include commissioned Regular & Reserve Officers. HC Draft?

PG 910 The Govt will develop, build & run Public Health Training Centers.

PG 913-914 Govt starts a HC affirmative action program thru guise of diversity scholarships.

PG 915 SEC. 2251. Govt MANDDATES Cultural & linguistic competency training for HC professionals.

Pg 932 The Govt will estab Preventative & Wellness Trust fund- initial cost of $30,800,000,000-Billion.

PG 935 21-22 Govt will identify specific goals & objectives for prevention & wellness activities. Control YOU!!

PG 936 Govt will develop “Healthy People & National Public Health Perform. Standards” Tell me what to eat?

PG 942 Lines 22-25 More Gov’t? Offices of Surgeon General -Public Health Svc, Minority Health, Women’s Health

PG 950- 980 BIG GOV’T core pub health infrastructure including workforce capacity, lab systems; health info sys, etc

PG 993 Gov’t will establish school based health clinics. Your kids won’t have a chance.

PG 994 School Based Health Clinic will be integrated into the school environment. Say GOVT Brainwash!

PG 1001 The Govt will establish a National Medical Device Registry. Will you be tracked?

Mathew D. Staver*

Founder and Chairman Dean and Professor of Law

Liberty Counsel Liberty University School of Law

Offices in Florida, Virginia and the District of Columbia, Lynchburg, Virginia

(800) 671-1776 – Telephone (434) 592-5300 – Telephone

34. Pingback: Obama Health Care: Devil is in the Details « When Freedom Rings

35. Suzanne Sugarbaker, says:

I absolutely agree with you on this issue. However, I found it interesting to learn that Medicare Advantage CAN help pay for hearing aids, while regular Medicare Part A and B do not EXCEPT in specific cases of illness or injury; i.e., brain tumor or accident. Read from the official Medicare and an insurance website. Links are at end of these comments.

Ironically, our mother, who is 92 years old and in a nursing home, needed hearing aids last year before she went into the nursing home. Even though she had only $7500 total assets, except for her modest home which is paid for, she was ineligible for Medicaid Advantage UNTIL she spent her assets down to $2000. Understand that in order to maintain a house in working order (replace water heater, AC/ heating system every few years) and pay for essentials of living, $7500 is woefully inadequate. She now has hearing aids she can’t wear, because of sensitivity issues, no savings at all, and is living on $50 per month after Medicaid gets her Social Security check to pay for her care.

Her children, who have few assets themselves, have been paying her monthly utility bills, taxes, insurance, and providing for her personal needs that the nursing home doesn’t cover. She is in danger of losing her home once she has been a resident for 12 months. She has worked hard all her life to pay for her house and small savings. Any way you look at it, middle-class people come out with very little. The very bottom and top of the economic levels seem to get by without contributing much to the government.

36. Joe Bendzinski - New says:

Government Healthcare will be a disaster to this country. Believe me I will remember the Congressmen and Senator who votes for this bill. If they be Republican or Democrat they will not get my vote. As for AARP I have already cancelled my membership.

37. Sharon Buzard Pitt says:

Most people who have the Advantage Plans have no idea that Obama campaigned against them and wants to eliminate them. Some–and these are educated people–really don't think they are Medicare associated plans but private plans, and say that Obama says if we like what we have, we can keep it. It is scary. When I explain, these people don't believe me and look at me like I am growing antlers. I guess that is a problem with a young President–thinks we'll die off soon so it doesn't matter if he loses our votes.

38. Pingback: Debunking the Lies about the “Lies” « Guided by Stillwater

39. Pingback: CBO: Obamacare Cuts Your Medicare Benefits | Conservative Principles Now

40. Pingback: Morning Bell: A Deathblow for Obamacare | Fix Health Care Policy

41. Pingback: Morning Bell: A Deathblow for Obamacare | Conservative Principles Now

42. Pingback: Repeal Healthcare - Page 11 - Volconvo Debate Forums

43. Sherwin Wasserman Clearwater, Fl. says:

Why does no one mention that with a medigap plan you can choose any doctor
      or hospital in the country . Medicare Advantage plans lock you into networks of doctors and hospitals. MA plans are limited to certain geographic areas dependig
      what you join and where. The government finances a fortune to MA plans.The companies providing MA plans are getting rich. In Fl. the companies get about
      $1100 dollars per enrollee per month. Medigap planss are WAY less. Premiums are paid by the individual. I think people will do anything if it is free.

44. Pingback: Video: Mark Levin Interviews Rep. Allen West On Debbie Wasserman Schultz