- “Free” Stimulus Money Results in Higher Utility Costs for Residents of Perkins, Oklahoma
- FutureGen: The Stimulus Earmark that Wasn’t, Becomes the Costliest Pork Project in History
- Little-Used “Shovel-Ready” Bridges in Rural Wisconsin Given Priority Over Widely Used Structurally Deficient Bridges
- $800,000 for little-used Johnstown, Pennsylvania airport to repave a back-up runway; the “Airport for Nobody” Has Already Received Tens of Millions in Taxpayer dollars
- $3.4 Million for Wildlife “Eco-Passage” in Florida; Project Still May Take Years to Finish
- Nevada Non-Profit Gets Weatherization Contract After Being Fired For Same Work
- Non-Existent Oklahoma Lake in Line for Over $1 Million To Construct a New Guardrail
- Taxpayers Taken for a Ride: Nearly $10 Million to be Spent to Renovate a Century Old Train Station that Hasn’t Been Used in 30 Years
- Ten Thousand Dead People Get Stimulus Checks, Social Security Administration Blames a Tough Deadline
- Town of Union, New York, Encouraged to Spend Money It Did Not Request For a Homelessness Problem It Does Not Have
Top Ten Wasteful Stimulus Projects
GET HERITAGE IN YOUR INBOX—FREE!
Heritage Foundation e-mails keep you updated on the ongoing policy battles in Washington and around the country.