- “Free” Stimulus Money Results in Higher Utility Costs for Residents of Perkins, Oklahoma
- FutureGen: The Stimulus Earmark that Wasn’t, Becomes the Costliest Pork Project in History
- Little-Used “Shovel-Ready” Bridges in Rural Wisconsin Given Priority Over Widely Used Structurally Deficient Bridges
- $800,000 for little-used Johnstown, Pennsylvania airport to repave a back-up runway; the “Airport for Nobody” Has Already Received Tens of Millions in Taxpayer dollars
- $3.4 Million for Wildlife “Eco-Passage” in Florida; Project Still May Take Years to Finish
- Nevada Non-Profit Gets Weatherization Contract After Being Fired For Same Work
- Non-Existent Oklahoma Lake in Line for Over $1 Million To Construct a New Guardrail
- Taxpayers Taken for a Ride: Nearly $10 Million to be Spent to Renovate a Century Old Train Station that Hasn’t Been Used in 30 Years
- Ten Thousand Dead People Get Stimulus Checks, Social Security Administration Blames a Tough Deadline
- Town of Union, New York, Encouraged to Spend Money It Did Not Request For a Homelessness Problem It Does Not Have
Top Ten Wasteful Stimulus Projects
Big Government Is NOT the Answer
Your tax dollars are being spent on programs that we really don't need.
Get Heritage In Your Inbox — FREE!
Heritage Foundation e-mails keep you updated on the ongoing policy battles in Washington and around the country.×