• Obama’s First Health Care Clue

Obama at a townhall meeting on health care reform

President Obama has made health care reform among his very top priorities. Good. The health care system is deeply troubled from soup to nuts. Cost, access, availability, insurance, budget pressures are all very serious issues. It is therefore disconcerting to learn over the weekend through the President’s health care reform speech that he, underneath his well-crafted talking points, apparently doesn’t have a clue.

Bold, effective bi-partisan health care reform is within our grasp, but only if the President jettisons some of his extremist views. The possibility of a resounding success for health care reform is clear to everyone who has studied it. And so the President’s insistence on poison pill provisions like a government plan is perplexing. Why is he threatening to torpedo his own initiative? The “a-ha” moment came during Saturday’s speech when he said, “If the drug companies pay their fair share, we can cut spending on prescription drugs.”

In the interest of advancing health care reform, here’s the first health care clue for the President: Drug companies don’t pay their fair share. They don’t pay any share. They don’t pay at all, except the same income tax paid by all corporations. Drug companies invest in new technology, struggle through a government regulatory system, and market their successes. In short, drug companies sell drugs and in the process improve health care outcomes. But drug companies don’t pay shares — patients pay and taxpayers pay.

With one comment, the President has demonstrated a breathtaking lack of basic economic literacy. Correcting this and similar shortcomings in his economic understanding may be crucial to the health care reform we need.

Posted in Obamacare [slideshow_deploy]

8 Responses to Obama’s First Health Care Clue

1. Ozzy6900, CT says:

President Obama once again proves that he doesn't know what he is talking about! What "shares" are the drug companies supposed to be paying? As the article states, they do all the ground work then have to wait for the FDA to approve it, THEN they sell the drug to make a profit!

Ohh, there's that dirty word again, PROFIT! This is what businesses are in business for to begin with – TO MAKE A PROFIT – not to be a charity organization! President Obama and the Obamaracs think that profits are bad and no one (but them) should be allowed to make a profit!

2. Honey Bee, Houston, says:

Once again the President has shown his true colors. He has absolutely NO knowledge of finances, foreign policy, domestic security or health care other than how to destroy them.

When are my representatives in Washington, those persons I elected to uphold the Constitution, abide by Law, work for the good, going to stand up and do what is right? I'll tell you when…when we innundate them with phone calls, faxes, letters, text messages and emails telling them they will NOT be re-elected unless they 'JUST SAY NO' and stop the destruction of this country.

3. RDB,AL says:

If we believe our Nation's citizens to be virtuous people, then let our health care issues be resolved through free enterprise and capitalism. We do not need more Federal Government control. Let the companies, physicians, and health care professionals make a profit. Non-profit organizations are charities and Churches, not Government.

Our Nation's Churches should stand up and take on health care for people without insurance. The Churches can self-regulate themselves with voluntary financial contributions without impacting the US Tax System. Seems I remember a story about a "Good Samaritan" taking care of a stranger's health in the Gospel of Matthew.

4. Pingback: » Financial News Update - 06/15/09 NoisyRoom.net: “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the face of tyranny is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater

5. Barb -mn says:

This post is exactly WHY Obama jumped into it. He was "hoping" everyone would follow like sheep, without noticing.

6. Carolyn Troiano, Che says:

My name is Carolyn Troiano, and I need help going after Obama for a major Free Speech violation. He is violating my First Amendment right to free speech by trying to prevent me from voicing my opinions on a tax-deductible contribution supported internet site.

If you go to My.BarackObama.com, a website funded by tax-deductible money, you will see how they’ve set up tools and other resources to help people push the Obama agenda forward – the topic du jour is healthcare reform. People are told to create and attend events that are supportive of Obama. This is how they stole the election.

So to turn the tables, I went on the site and created my own event, a “GIGANTIC TEA PARTY” up on Long Island in my hometown of Merrick.

I set this up as a “Take Back Our America” event, and spread the WEALTH (Watch Every American Learn about Healthcare reform) like the Tea Parties of late, and included posted a call for all like-minded citizens to join me. All of the information is at my website:

The Obama webmaster responded by email saying my words were disrespectful, and that they had taken my event off the website.

The warning stated that this was a one-time warning, and if I did this again, I would have my access to the website taken away.

So what’s a girl to do? Create another event. This time it’s in Chesterfield, VA, this coming Saturday, June 20th, at my home or in spirit with me, and I made sure there is room for 1 billion people, in case those disgruntled Iranian voters want to revolt and join our cause too.

I led the charge to taking back America with a simple statement to the President –

“Mr. Obama, tear down that firewall!”

That’s my motto, and I’m taking this as far as I possibly can. Ronald Reagan must be turning over in his grave!

I’m seeking your help to give some visibility to this fight and let the Obama dictatorship know we will not stand idly by while our own tax dollars continue to be squandered on his Socialist agenda.

So let me know if you can help, and if you have any suggestions for ramping this up and getting all Americans to understand what’s going on here. Most have no clue.

Thanks for your time and attention!

Regards,

Carolyn (McKillop) Troiano

13613 Blue Heron Circle

Chesterfield, VA 23838

804-590-0055 (H)

804-647-9946

wtroiano@verizon.net

politicat@verizon.net

7. Pingback: Obama’s First Health Care Clue « Conservative Thoughts and Profundity

8. Mason Bane, NC says:

There is no more problem to "access" to healthcare than there is "access" to a car mechanic. There is really no problem at all with healthcare. The problem is how to transfer wealth from healthy, working, virtuous people to people who smoke, take drugs and have vices and are on a quest for unearned money.