• I See Dead People

What happens when Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and President Obama get together to pass a trillion dollar “stimulus” bill without anyone reading it, and without any regard for government’s ability to handle that type of unprecedented spending? It turns out one thing that happens is that dead people get stimulated.

New York City’s Fox affiliate is reporting this morning that the Social Security Administration mailed out millions of dollars in stimulus checks to dead people. The Social Security Administration “blame(ed) a rushed schedule, because all the checks have to be cut by June.” Maybe the government should stop rushing to spend taxpayer’s money?

(Note: Fox mistakenly attributes the $250 stimulus checks to be part of “last year’s” stimulus bill, when in fact they were part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, according to the Social Security Administration)

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

12 Responses to I See Dead People

1. Michael Gleason, Cr says:

There couldn't be a better example of how government does business. I wonder how many "dead people" fradulantly cashed those checks?

2. Larry, in the Republ says:

I wonder how many of those DEAD people voted for Obama? Are they now REAPING their rewards? Above all, how many of the checks to dead people are being cashed by the Union Generals who propogated the "Chicago voters' booth" on an unsuspecting Nation? You know they got to get that money gone before anyone can reclaim it for the American TAX PAYER!!!

3. Shane York, PA says:

I wonder how many dead people will go to jail when they are ordered to return the $250 later on this year when the Fed repeals the decision. (Because they can't afford it)

4. TGOTCB says:

The Fed Gov't is full of bloated, underqualified, overpaid, imbeciles that have nearly perfected the "art' of fraud, waste, and malfeasance. Come on, look no further than the US Post Office; rasing rates again? Just what has that fat @$$ $600K director done to earn his pay? And you think the Fed Gov't will wisely dole out $787 Bil? Heck , they can't accurately account for the TARP hand outs!

5. Duke, Ohio says:

Incredible!

6. Duke, Ohio says:

Thank God Obama is accounting for every single penny!

7. Larry, in the Republ says:

It's "Club Chicago" at it's ugly best! Nevermind that MAN behind the curtain. All that we need to understand is that the "Annointed ONE" is rooting out the seeds of fiscal responsibility so as to lay barren the land of opportunity! This is the only way that a Liberal Socialist policy can be accepted in the true sense that it is intended. That is to take every right, liberty and will to suceed away until ANYTHING that is given will be so greatly appreciated that no future OFFER will be rejected! Regardless of whether your dead or not. Repeat and rinse! Repeat and rinse. Repeat and rinse.

8. Pingback: » Financial News Update - 05/15/09 NoisyRoom.net: “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the face of tyranny is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater

9. Spiritof76, New Hamp says:

May be they can spend that money for the improvements to the Funeral Home industry. Green energy crematorium?

10. Pingback: I See Dead People . . . « QC Examiner

11. Barb -mn says:

With the mentality of this overpaid government?

How not surprising!

12. John Walker, Abilene says:

As one who depends on retirement, social security and Medicare I got my $250 stimulation last week. But so far I don't feel very "stimulated". I'm so disgusted with all this rush to socialism that I think I'll just drive my old Lincoln Town Car out to Vegas and gamble my $250 away before the whole place goes bankrupt.

Does anyone of us remember anything anyone of the Founding Fathers wrote about electing moral, honest representation?