• Death By DMV

One of today’s great Chicago architects likes to critique buildings by asking: “If this is the answer, what was the question?”

It cuts to the chase. Imagine standing before this…thing and applying the above critique. The question becomes: “Can you build me a poorly lit maximum-security prison tower to live in? Absurd, right? Just like the result.

Similarly, to properly understand the absurdity of the U.S. Government backing car warranties, we must ask ourselves what the objective is regarding the auto industry. Improved sales? Economic viability? Something along these lines, surely, is the answer.

However, due to a decades-old quality gap between Detroit  and their Japanese rivals, people will paradoxically be less inclined to buy homegrown cars because taking them to get fixed now means maybe dying a slow death at a DMV-style government warranty bureau.

What was the question, again?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi9XCpSYJbY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

6 Responses to Death By DMV

1. Barb -mn says:

Very humorous.

You forgot to mention enjoying a refreshment "AT YOUR COST."

And "except holidays and GOVERNMENT DAYS OFF.

This is disgustingly inefficient and unacceptable.

2. Marshall Hill MI. says:

This needs to go National,it is very real and follows all other Big Brother Programs!

3. Suze says:

Gerrit:

Very good and spot on!

4. Lynn B. DeSpain says:

Sad, but true. Our government according to the Bill of Rights and the Constitution has no business iterfering with private businesses!

If you check back in history, this is exactly the type of manuvers that Adolph Hitler did when first gaining power in Germany. The Government take over of the Banks, Stock Market, Auto Industries, manufacturing, etc.

How long before we, as American Citizens, call a stop to this illegal misuse of power by the President, the Senate and the House of Representatives?

Our 'Common Charter" is to regulate the power of the Federal Government, not to increase it!

Hozro

5. M. Marvin, DC says:

Mr. Lansing:

Well said! The way you have addressed this penetrates the surface of this issue and raises some great questions, no pun intended, about the way our government is making decisions. I admire the the fervor with which you state your case.

6. john iowa says:

I am so disappointed. I feel as though I am

getting a raw deal. Back in January I bought

a Ford product. If I knew back then what I do

now, I may have made a different choice. I mean,

with the Federal government in charge of car

warranties, how could anything go wrong?