• Santelli Responds to Team Obama Character Assassination Attempt

President Barack Obama's Senior adviser to the president David Axelrod, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs and Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

The left has developed a firm and frightening pattern of how it deals with critics of President Barack Obama. Mere hours after Joe the Plumber had the temerity to question candidate Obama’s tax plans, government employee donors to Obama were socuring his public records digging for dirt. The media then followed up with hit pieces on Joe’s tax, professional, marital difficulties.

CNBC analyst Rick Santelli has come in for the same treatment after he expressed criticism of President Obama’s mortgage bailout plan. White House press secretary Robert Gibbs attacked Santelli personally from the White House podium invoking his name six times in a single press conference. Now Obama’s leftist allies at Playboy have followed up the Santelli smear campaign with an article claiming Santelli staged his criticism and is in fact in the pocket of the co-founder of the John Birch Society. Totally devoid of facts, Playboy has since removed their article without any explanation.

Santelli has since responded to the leftist smear campaign against him at CNBC:

First of all let me be clear that I have NO affiliation or association with any of the websites or related tea party movements that have popped up as a result of my comments on February 19th, or to the best of my knowledge any of the people who organized the websites or movements. By the way of background, I am not and never have been a stockbroker. Not that there is anything wrong with being a stockbroker. The home I have lived in for 20 years is a 2,500-square foot ranch. Not that there is anything wrong with owning a larger, grander house. I am currently an on air editor with CNBC. Prior to my 10 years in this capacity I was a member in good standing on both the Chicago Futures Exchanges. My career in the futures industry spanned 20 years.

Many millions of Americans seem to agree with my position otherwise why would this “rant” be so much different than many of my impassioned comments of the past. Why would the Internet light up the way it did if people did not feel so strongly. The answer seems pretty obvious; the nerve I struck resonated across the country. I love my country and hope that the current administration succeeds in fixing the complicated economic and social issues our country now faces. Trillions of dollars of debt are being created without a commensurate amount of debate by all involved. And the idea that future generations unable to voice an opinion or vote may be saddled with mountains of debt through no fault of their own, is an issue too large to shirk from.

It is very UN-American to belittle or ignore the FACTS, freedom of the press, freedom of speech, or the voices of millions of Americans that demand better answers, more transparency, deeper accountability, and the simple idea that our elected officials represent all Americans. All Americans should be treated fairly and equitably as our government puts forth solutions. Mr. Gibbs, the President’s Press Secretary, said I did not read the Presidents Mortgage Plan; for the record, I did read the plan and listened to it live as President Obama was presenting it. Anyone who knows me or views CNBC regularly is keenly aware of the fact that I am exceedingly thorough in my homework.

Many thanks for the support as expressed in emails, and letters. This is a critical moment in our nation’s history and it is important to continue to discuss and debate all viable solutions.

Thank you, Rick.

Posted in Economics [slideshow_deploy]

18 Responses to Santelli Responds to Team Obama Character Assassination Attempt

1. Ozzy6900, CT says:

The Nazis eliminated you and your family if you disgreed with Adolf Hitler. The Kremlin had the KGB incarcerate you to the wasteland of Siberia if you disagreed with the Government of the People. Who knows what red China or North Korea does with its "dissidents".

The Left digs up every dirty little secret that it can and publicly humiliates you if you disagree with the "annointed one". Well, I guess that is better than killing your family or sending your butt to Siberia — or is it?

2. Franklin's Lock says:

This is what Democrats do. Instead of intellectually processing something or even admitting they were wrong, they personally attack the people who disagrees with them. At no time do they think there might be a remote chance that any other ideas would work other than their regressive Liberalism. So, when any other idea is proven to work, they attack the messenger and discredit them. If they can’t, they lie and destroy them that way.

3. Of the chattering cl says:

Mr. Santelli, those of the "chattering classes" that listen to the "cable chatter" can relate.

4. Cindy/NJ says:

Rick, thank you for your frankness and boldness. You did strike a nerve and there are so many of us out here that agree with what you have stated. I am sorry to see how our elected officials have behaved and the treatment you have received. Know that we are here and in support of the truth. We also know that the MSM has not been the watch dog that they should be and I hope they will step up to the plate of truthfulness now. We need healthy discussions and debates so it is a WIN-WIN not the current WE WON-You lost which is what we have heard our Pres say, recently. Rick, you have the respect of many!…please stay the course.

5. Wes, Litchfield, MN says:

It only stands to reason that the liberals only method of fighting the conservatives is to try and bring the folks down to their level by tearing them apart.

That has been way to obvious with their attacks on Santelli and Limbaugh in the past two weeks. These guys have demonstrated their love for their country from the bottom of their hearts. I hope more folks with access to the public media will do the same.

There are many of us that have the same love for country that these guys have, we just don't have the forum. Way to go guys!!!!!!!!!

6. heidi case, wisconsi says:

This is a comment to Rick Santelli. Hang tough, Rick. You are absolutely correct in saying that you touched a nerve when you disagreed with bailing out home buyers. This country better wake up and see through Obama's smoke and mirror act quickly or we are not going to be able to turn it around. Anybody that has done their homework knows what Obama's agenda is and the fact that he is moving so quickly to get all the pieces in place is frightening. He must be stopped and I urge Americans to start writing their congressmen and senators daily with their discontentment regarding this admisnistration.

heidi case

7. Ike says:

I got a tingly feeling running up my leg when Santelli spoke.

8. HOUSTON says:

IT IS SEVERAL MONTHS TOO LATE TO IMPEACH THIS SO CALLED AMERICAN PRESIDENT. THIS ADMINISTRATION HAS TO GO. IT'S THE CHICAGO MOB ENTWINED WITH THE HITLER KGB. THIS TAX PAYER FRAUD CABINET IS A LARGE JOKE. THIS CHICAGO MOB IN WASHINGTON, ALONG WITH THE MEXICO DRUG RINGS IN WASHINGTON.

AMERICA, IT'S PAST TIME FOR IMPEACHMENT OF THIS HITLER REGIME.

RICK SANTELLI, STAND FIRM AGAINST THIS COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION LEADER AND HIS FUNNY AND CORRUPT CABINET.

WE WILL IMPEACH!

9. chris/michigan says:

George Carlin said that fascism wouldn't come to America in Brown Shirts. The S.S won't break down your doors in the middle of the night to silence the opposition, but rather fascism would come with Nikes and smiley faces. Surrender your liberties and independence for the good of the state. Fascism is here and it's wrapped in the flag and dismissing everything that get's in it's way!

10. Linda, Livermore, Co says:

Thanks Rick! America needs to stand together in regards to what is happening in this country. Obama is taking us down a very dark path of despair and trying to change the values our country was founded upon. Thank you for speaking out, continue to do so, and we all need to do the same.

11. J.C. Hughes, Texas says:

Tingly feelings aside, Folks like Santelli reaffirm my faith in Americans who stand-up and protest what they know is wrong. He's definitely a patriot.

12. Spiritof76, New Hamp says:

Rick Santelli, thank you so much for what you did. You gave voice to so many of us that agree with you whole heartedly when you spoke those electrifying words on the floor of the exchange.

Please watch your back as the American Stalin administration will try to hurt you as a person just as they did to Joe the Plumber.

If they try to do any thing, please speak up so that you can expose the goons.

13. Shelly, Georgetown, says:

Thank you for standing up for Rick. I get angry when people point out that the Heritage Foundation also is sponsored by Koch and other patriots. So what! And the new line about how Rick is a so-called "bailout queen" just because his employer, GE, took $138 billion in taxpayer bailout funds is just a red herring. Rick can have my money any time he wants! God bless you all.

14. Barb -mn says:

Rick Santelli,

Thank you for representing true Americans. Thank you for your integrity and honest will.

15. Bobby says:

Rick thank you for your candor and courage and know that tens of millions of Americans agree with you fully. I beg everyone that reads these words to read a superb book entitled: "WHILE AMERICA SLEPT" by Bruce Bawer. It's ostensibly about the spread of Islam in Europe, but it exposes the model of government that Obama is basing his radical agenda on. I love my country deeply and profoundly and I beg you to read this book. It's been out a few years but I just discovered it.

16. American says:

Another American who agrees with Rick Santelli.

The current socialist administration and the past socialist administrations, both Republican and Democratic, are running us straight to the edge of a very steep cliff.

Soon we will be pushed over the edge.

17. Katie May says:

There are more of us than you know that support the efforts of Rick Santelli. Thanks to Rick for standing up for what he believes in. The move is on and I hope that everyone will protest loud and clear in any way they can. Get involved! Lets get the message across!

18. Jeanie says:

Believe it or not it's not the nukes from Iran or North Korea you have to be concerned about. It's God himself and he's about to show what real power is. GOd is all powerful and unlike fools who threaten he almost never uses his power, but you mockers of God are in for the shock of your life and very soon.

The United States is Christian nation and God will not be mocked and we ripening for a bit of his discipline.

Oh an to all you fools who mock God, you are to him a bunch of small fish swimming around in a bowl, one touch of his his finger and he will dip you out into thin air. Got it – get it!

Think I'm crazy, wait and see – the earth is about ready to rock like a drunken sailor and it will not be God's enemy's you need to fear. Repentance is good for the soul so evil doers knock it off, you are such a bunch complete and absolute fool.