• Morning Bell: The Stealth Plan to Silence Rush

Does President Barack Obama believe that the greatest threat to progress resides in Rush Limbaugh? Earlier this week while trying to sell his Trillion Dollar Debt Plan to Republican leaders, Obama said, “You can’t just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done.” Thankfully House Republicans listened to the hundreds of constituents calling their offices asking them to vote against the bill and not the guy who thinks he can buy their votes with a couple of cocktail and Super Bowl parties. Now we find out that Obama’s far left allies are upping the ante. The leftist umbrella organization American Untied for Change is pouring money into radio ads in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nevada. The ads ask listeners, “Will you side with Obama or Rush Limbaugh?”

Clearly the left believe they can get Republicans to sacrifice their principles by demonizing and isolating Rush Limbaugh. So much for that new era of bipartisanship. But what if all of Obama’s old-school politics of division fails to win him any Republican votes? What is the next arrow in his political quiver?

FCC Commissioner Robert McDowell previewed what may be the Left’s next line of attack at a speech to the Media Institute in Washington this Wednesday. McDowell warned that when the left comes to silence Rush and other Obama critics, they will not be dumb enough to try and do it under the label Fairness Doctrine: “That’s just Marketing 101: if your brand is controversial, make a new brand.” Multichannel News reports that McDowell even suggested that a stealth version of the doctrine may already be teed up at the FCC in the form of “Localism” rules which empower community advisory boards to help dictate local programming.

No one should be surprised by this development. Last year the brain trust for the Obama Administration, the Center for American Progress released a report entitled: The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio. Here is what they said about already existing legal authority to implement Fairness Doctrine/Localism-type rules:

First, from a regulatory perspective, the Fairness Doctrine was never formally repealed. … the original Communications Act still requires commercial broadcasters “to operate in the public interest and to afford reasonable opportunity for the discussion of conflicting views of issues of public importance.” … Thus, the public obligations inherent in the Fairness Doctrine are still in existence and operative, at least on paper.

So what new policy recommendations does CAP advise?

The Fairness Doctrine was most effective as part of a regulatory structure that limited license terms to three years, subjected broadcasters to license challenges through comparative hearings, required notice to the local community that licenses were going to expire, and empowered the local community through a process of interviewing a variety of local leaders.

We recommend the following steps the FCC should take to ensure local needs are being met:

• Provide a license to radio broadcasters for a term no longer than three years.
    • Require radio broadcast licensees to regularly show that they are operating on behalf of the public interest and provide public documentation and viewing of how they are meeting these obligations.

So under the old Fairness Doctrine, free speech on the radio was stifled by an FCC rule that required broadcasters to devote reasonable time to fairly presenting all sides of any controversial issue discussed on the air, with the government deciding the meaning of all the italicized words. Under the CAP Localism rule broadcasters must renew their licenses every three years instead of every eight and when they do so the must “show that they are operating on behalf of the public interest” with public interest being defined as whatever ACORN like community organizers the left can rustle up to help define “community needs.”

Whenever controversial issues come up that President Obama wants to avoid talking about, he calls them “distractions.” And the Fairness Doctrine/Localism Rule issue may be just that. Commissioner McDowell also said, through aides, Obama had signaled to him that he would not re-impose the Fairness Doctrine. If Obama wants to prove his desire to protect the First Amendment is deeper than his desire to silence Rush Limbaugh, then he should go on record and disavow both the Fairness Doctrine and its equally perniciousness cousin, Localism.

Quick Hits:

Posted in First Principles [slideshow_deploy]

79 Responses to Morning Bell: The Stealth Plan to Silence Rush

1. Sandi, Colorado Spri says:

Rush's comments are nothing less than treason. Undermining any administration in order to be "right" is small minded and selfish. But he and his brain trust have the right under the Constitution to state their opinions. What if he's wrong?

2. jo-anne kisiel says:

I could run the country better then they do they don't live in the real world …

3. J. Jolene Atkins says:

If it weren't for the conservative talk shows and The Heritage Foundation, American Values, etc., I would never have heard both sides of any issues. This is America! We have the right to hear both sides of issues; and the liberal media and the leaders they love so much want to tell us what we are suppose to think. No! This is not acceptable! It is an insult! Liberals get their message out on the news media. We have a right to hear the other side, and Conservative talk shows are necessary.

Jolene Atkins

4. P Saunders, NC says:

Beware! Your 1st Amendment Rights are in jeporady by the current administration. The Presedent goes after Mr. Limbaugh now… who's next? I guess everyone has forgotten that the President of the US is a government employee not the owner of the country. We the People are the owners and the rest of the politions work for us. We do not work for them.

5. jim toledo says:

These guys will do whatever it takes to insure there is no constructive dialoge regarding Obamas policies. Talk radio, then the internet, what's next. Maybe we should just let Pelosi and Reid put in cameras in our homes. It's just pathetic that this conversation, limiting talk radio, would ever even be considered in America.

6. Bob in St. Louis, MO says:

To Sandi…I think Rush is right regarding the Obama administration. Their all radical Leftists! Lets spread the wealth around! In 2008, I paid aproximately $35,000.00 in Federal Taxes, not including the state and local taxes, personal property taxes, local cell phone taxes, and the list goes on and on! And I don't get a dime back, and now Obama wants to give illegal aliens health care benefits and a stimulus check? What planet are you from Lady? Do you think my situation is fair? I see my tax dollars going down the toilet to some outrageous specalist interest groups and to illegals that shouldn't even be in this country!! I'm fed up with people like you that want to silence any and all critics of this new administration! You are part of the problem lady! And some 50 million others who voted this clown into office are to! So just call yourself another socialist/radical dumba**!! By 2010, you will all be singing a different tune!! Now get off the net and get informed of what's really going on with Obamas agenda!!

7. Cindy San Diego says:

Remember the Animal Farm, any attempt to silence Rush or any other american is an assult to our Freedom. OUr founding fathers fought for our freedoms, I am willing to do the same.

8. MIke, Staples, MN says:

Treason??? that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The last time I checked Obama hasn't repealed the freedom of speach………yet.

9. Shikamoo says:

I just felt compelled to respond to the schmuck who calls Rush's comments treason.

I've always said that one you get past all that lip service to tolerance, Liberals are the most fascist people you'll ever meet and you sir, would make a great Nazi.

10. Cindy San Diego says:

A part of me hopes the Dems get the stimulus (welfare) package passed and they step on everyones toes regarding freedom of speech. This will lead to certain depression. When americans are cold and hungry and under certain threat from terrorism, they will vote these liberals out of office. It may be the quickest road back to sanity regardless how painful it will be.

11. John Payne, Milford, says:

I desperately fear the direction that Mr. Obama and Company are attempting to take our Nation. So much so that for the first time in my life I am actually going to attend a local Republican town meeting meeting to see what I can do to get involved from the roots up to take it back. I pray to God it is not too late. I have watched since the days of Ronald Reagan the Republican Party simply fold up and blow away. It must stop and stop now. Wake up America, don't you see? This is our country, do not let people who do not care as deeply for it as we do tear it down and dismantle what men and women have given their blood, sweat and tears . . . and lives for, and simply "experiment" with it in the name of socialism. I refuse to let it happen. Two of my five children in the United States Navy won't let it happen. One other of my sons who wants to run for a state senate seat won't let it happen. Let's DO something about it. Stop talking and let's get to action! The Socialists are coming! The Socialists are coming! THEY'RE HERE!!!!

12. Ozzy6900, CT (The Bl says:

Rush Limbaugh is not speaking treason, he is expressing his opinion. If you want to hear treason, just replay some of the Media's dribble against President Bush! I agree with Rush in that I hope Obama and his present ideas fail! That would be a WIN for the Country.

13. Mary, Wisconsin. USA says:

Freedom of speech! What's happening to our country?

14. Boneshaker says:

Mark Twain had it right when he said:

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

Obama has made it clear that it is his goal to change the US Constitution to benefit certain groups of people. When a government is dedicated to undermining the US Constitution it doesn't deserve our support.

15. PJ Long Island NY says:

There is one big difference here, if people choose not to listen to Rush they can turn off their radio, sadly that option is not possible with the Obama administration and the Pelosi posse.

It is a very scary day when the Obama has the unmitigated gaul to tell individuals who they can listen to. He seems to forget that the other half of the country did not vote for him, Rush and other conservatives are speaking out for an increasing number of people who seem to finally be waking up!

16. Darrel Kent says:

The difference between us and the rest of the world is THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

I don't care if your Democrat, Republican,Left or Right. The only document that provides protection of these positions IS THE BILL OF RIGHTS!

Just remember that everyone ,in due time, will will be hurt by destroying these rights.

I can tell you that I don't listen to Rush . He preaches to the choir and I don't sing anybody's tune . On the otherside I don't listen to the left radio (PBS) on a regular basis .

both sides of the media are out and out boring after about 2 or 3 minutes.

Look at the records.Forget the B.S. Holder's position appears to be closer to The Sherriff OF Knotingham than that of Robin Hood .If President Obama resembles Prince John we are in trouble.If he is a King Richard he will hang Holder and move on .

Seriously, The Bill of Rights protects the left and the right .NO ONE should be willing to give any leeway on this.Hitler and Stalin came from opposite directions but the results were exactly the same .The Russians did havea constitution for a few days before the communist took power .Germany was a Republic with a constitution . The firft order of business for Hitler AND LENIN was to SUSPEND THE CONSTITUTION .The Bill of Rights is ,in my judgement,Holy.If the powers can't break The Bill Of Rights then they can never break the constitution .

17. JIM H , GROSSE ILE , says:

YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO WAKE UP ONE DAY AND SEE YOURSELF LIVING IN SOCIALIST AMERICA, WITH ALL YOUR RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY, AND SAY THIS IS CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN. ALSO DONT PAY YOUR TAXES AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU. THESE PEOPLE THINK THAT LAWS DONT APPLY TO THEM AS THEY GO AROUND LIVING THE HIGH LIFE ON OUR MONEY..

18. Dennis Logan, Round says:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

19. James Mc Quillan, Ha says:

Rush is exercising his 1st Amendment right of Freedom Of Speech! Him, Hannitty, Laura Ingrham, etc plus organizations like the Heritage Foundation are the only way that the American People can obtain an opposite view of what's going on in Washington. The "media" doesn't give an "unbiased" if any information on what is happening.

Without these people and organizations are the last source of

a point of view other than the party line coming out of Washington.

We need these people to remain in action and to be stifled.

20. Robert Rosenthall - says:

Rush Limbaugh should go back to DRUGS and let smart people deal with the economy.

21. Vello Ederma, Spring says:

I thought for a while that the Republicans are dead. Fortunately, all in the House voted against the stupidity that will raise our debt to China that our grandchildren have to repay. And I would not be surprised if some of the House members finally "got religion" by listening to Rush Limbaugh. The current White House occupant is an arrogant incompetent who probably didn't even do that well as a community organizer. Of course, he has an agenda: to turn our country into a socialist, nanny state. Our taxes will go stratospheric, collected at IRS by a tax cheat. It is not necessary to call him historic names, like fashist, communist, etc. He probably has no idea what they mean, anyway.

22. daniel says:

down with obama,this is a radical human being,down with him!!!! go rush!

23. Jim Murphy, Williams says:

To Sandi,

Treason is relative. It was treason to rebel from Great Britain. I think the right choice was made. As a citizen and especialy as a member of this nations armed forces, I swear a oath to protect the consitution regardless of the party in power. My real fear is that the reduction of any rights not catch you like the frog in the slowly boiling water. By then It might be to late. I would fight to the death to get them back, would you. Let's hope that time never comes.

24. Wayne Harper, Spirit says:

Excuse me .. all this non-sense about Fairness coming from the Obamacrats … if the liberals wanted to express their point of view .. all they have to do is call in their opinions to any of the conservative talk shows ……. SIMPLE AS THAT

25. Judith in Michigan says:

I'm curious what the explanation is why the Fairness Doctrine would not be imposed on the MSM, such as ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, all foreign Media accessible in the USA, all printed media , such as The New York Times, Washington Post, Time magazine, liberal university publications, etc., etc., etc. Can anyone explain this logically and correctly without spin?

One side to Robert R. in New Orleans: Mr. Obama admitted to using recreational drugs while in school (Mr. Limbaugh was on pain killers from an injury). Shouldn't he also be dismissed as a drug addict?

26. sliver43 WI says:

Bob from N.O., you are as uniformed as Sandi from Colorado you guys should watch 1984, Soylent Green, Animal Farm and the old Time Machine movie, they predicted the future and it sure looks like it's getting closer. If Rush and the other conservative talk shows are so wrong and uninformed what are the Dems/Commies afraid of, the left has a majority of the media anyway. This is the the beginning of the end for our constitution if they start limiting free speech anymore than they do now. This is by far the scariest administration we ever had, we need another revolution before its too late, John Payne I'm ready to join you and anybody that is ready to do something about this injustice to the Constitution.

27. Ozzy6900, CT says:

I am pleased to see members of the Left posting here! It must be nice for you to be able to voice your opinion and not be attacked as was done on Air America! LOL!!!

28. E Paul Lian, Scottsd says:

I've been listening to Rush for the past two years. I had a few clients of mine encourage me to dial up Rush, but I was always too busy building my business and had always pooh poohed "Talk Radio". I have now come full circle, I tune in almost every day. I find Rush's views to be entertaining, thought provoking, interesting and a necessity in order to be a well informed citizen. It's crucial all Americans listen and think about the other side of the issues. This current "porkulus" package is another example. It's laughable, even frightening, that this new President of ours has been elected. I think the tide is already starting to turn, we Conservatives have a bright future, let's just hope our great country can survive the next four years. Let the Democrats have their say on "Porkulus" now…..we'll get them in 2010.

29. Gary - St. Louis, MO says:

State-controlled radio, eh? Sounds familiar — USSR, Cuba, N.Korea, etc. etc.

30. E Paul Lian, Scottsd says:

I started listening to Rush two years ago after being encouraged by a few of my clients to dial him up. I always was too busy building and sevicing my business in order to be knocked off course by listeming to "Talk Radio". I now listen almost every day. I find his commentary to be entertaining, thought provoking, interesting and now, a major source of my knowledge on current events. Don't silence Rush.

31. JERRY PUYALLUP,WA says:

I have never heard a President attack a radio personality before.I guess he thinks football ,abortion and congressional earmarks are more important then the economy on day one.I thought he said the bill would be on his desk the first day in office for him to sign ,because the economy was in the worse shape in 70 years. Leave Rush alone ,stop using an attack on him to deter attention from the slow progress of the new admin. Freedom of speech and opinion is just as much Rushs right as Jay-z and his profanity rant for Obama.

32. bigrainbow, wisconsi says:

boneshaker talks about undermining the constitution. just exactly what did w do? shredded it to pieces. in fact, making the statement that it is only a damn piece of paper. really?

33. TREVOR MERCHANT BRON says:

RE YOUR ABOVEMENTIONED ARTICLE .NOW SHOULD ANY CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN AND OR OTHER PEOPLE OF KNOWLEDGE THAT WHICH IS TRUTHFULL BECOME SURPRISE ABOUT THIS ADMINISTRATION OF BARACK OBAMA AND TO A LARGER EXTENT THE ENTIRE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AND ESTABLISHMENTS OF LIE-BERALISMS EVEN WITH THE INFLUENCE POWER MONEY WEALTH AND MEDIA SUPPORT THAT WHICH THEY HAVE THAT THEY WOULD STILL MAKE ALL THE EFFORTS ATTEMPTS AND ACTIONS TO SILENCE REPUBLICANS CONSERVATIVES AND OR ANY OTHER VOICES THAT WHICH WOULD CHALLENGE OPPOSE DISSENT REBUTT DEBUNK AND OR QUESTION THEM ON ANY POLICIES ISSUES MATTERS . PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALBERT GORE ALONG WITH HIS SURROGATE GEORGE SOROS FUNDED MOVEON .ORG AND THE NOW DEFUNCT MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAVE CONSISTENTLY AND REGULARLY STATED AND OR COMMENTED THAT THERE MUST NOT OR NEVER BE ANY DEBATE ABOUT THE FARCE GLOBAL WARMING CLIMATE SITUATION . OR CURRENTLY BETTER YET TERMED BY ALBERT GORE CLIMATE CHANGE THAT IS ONLY ONE OF THE MANY ISSUES THAT THEY DO NOT WISH FOR ANY OPPOSITION .,TIME WILL NOT PERMITS FOR ME TO BE BROAD AND EXTENSIVE HERE . HOWEVER JUST LOOK AS TO WHO HAS CONDEMNED AND CRITIQUED WALL STREET BONUSES YESTERDAY THURSDAY JANUARY 29.2009 NONE OTHER THAN BARACK OBAMA WHO HAD RECEIVED TENS OF MILLIONS FROM THESE SAME WALL STREET GURUS FOR HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN HE BARACK OBAMA GOT TWICE THE SUM THAT JOHN MCCAIN RECEIVED FROM WALL STREET . THE ARTICLE BY DAVID BROOKS FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES ABOUT BARACK OBAMA MONEY MACHINE ON WALL STREET WITH GOLDMAN SACHS AT THE HEAD OF THE CLASS IS PROFOUND AND TELLING . EVERY CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN SHOULD READ SAME . BARACK OBAMA RECEIVED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM OUT OF THE MANY TWO HEDGE FUNDS ENTITIES THE CITADEL INVESTMENTS MANAGE BY KENNETH GRIFFIN WHO MADE TWO POINT SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS PROFIT IN THE YEAR 2008 ALONG WITH GEORGE SOROS WHO MADE TWO POINT NINE BILLION DOLLARS PROFIT IN THE YEAR 2007 FROM HEDGE FUND TRADINGS . GEORGE SOROS WAS THE NUMBER TWO HEDGE FUND MANAGER FOR THE YEAR 2007 . PLEASE SEE THE LIE-BERAL NEW YORK TIMES FOR THE INFORMATION . I AM SPEECHLESS AS TO WHERE THIS NATION IS NOW AND AS TO WHERE IT WILL END UP UNDER THIS LIE-BERAL MACHINERY . SENATOR CHARLES SCHUMER OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WHERE I RESIDE IS ONE OF THE MAIN BENEFICIARY ON WALL STREET EVEN A LIE-BERAL AS HE PREVENTED ANY REGULATIONS ON HEDGE FUNDS MORE TO COME TREVOR MERCHANT FRIDAY JANUARY 30.2009 BRONX NEW YORK CITY.

34. Bob Fullerton Cibolo says:

Reply to R. Rosenthall,

Sir, Consider all the so called smart

people residing in Wash.D.C. who have gotten us into the mess we are in now. First off, as an economist, I know you cannot control an economy. Polical interference is largely responsible for our troubles…. and have you ever heard of business cycles ? Suggest you spend your considerable talent cleaning up your city

35. Raj Joshi, Kansas Ci says:

We moved to this country 25 years ago just like the other immigrants before us "yearing to be free". Since coming to this country I have concluded that liberals are spinless. They are spinless because they prey on weakness and bow down to the socialist adjenda. Rush Limbaugh is the voice for us conservaties and minorites who love and believe in the CONSTITUTION of the United States. As a proud capitalist and a citizen, we took the oath to defend the United States and its constitution. And we will defend Rush's opinions and his freedom of speech as well as help defend the freedom of speech from the looney left. But if you are against this freedom and hence the Constitution, then, please move to North Korea, Iran, Cuba etc.

36. Dave in Los Angeles says:

Judith in Michigan, the hook here is broadcasting over AM radio, the "public airwaves" which was the original reason for government regulation (same for broadcast TV). So (at least for now) cable TV and satellite radio are not involved but I think I heard that some crackpot legislator was going to try something there.

Make no mistake about it, they are arming themselves.

Preliminary report finds extensive use of hate speech on conservative talk radio

See the UCLA press release here.

37. Derek, Las Vegas Nev says:

"Government cannot solve our problems.It cannot define our vision.Government cannot eliminate poverty,or provide a bountiful economy,or reduce inflation,or save our cities,or cure illiteracy,or provide energy."

This quote came from the treacherous ex-president Jimmy Carter,1980.A democrat in retreat from the traditional prescription of liberalism,his words quoted by a disgusted son of the New Deal,Arthur Schlesinger Jr in New Republic, 12th April 1980

38. Ken in Santa Barbara says:

Another laughable article bent on polarizing rather than an attempt at unifying and imparting conservatism. I like the stimulating push the author puts to get most of the readership to believe basic rights are under siege.

Keep it up…. find everything wrong that you can and if by chance it isn't absolute…..manipulate it and use impressive and multisyllable words. I am left debating the literacy of the HF/MB contributors/writers and their perniciousness.

"then he should go on record and disavow both the Fairness Doctrine and its equally perniciousness cousin, Localism."

I am reminded by this article that the literacy rate for our media is geared to a certain grade level but I would expect for more from the HF/MB if they are going to try using "big words".

M Webster

per·ni·cious

Function: adjective

1: highly injurious or destructive : deadly

2 archaic : wicked

— per·ni·cious·ly adverb

— per·ni·cious·ness noun

A perniciousness cousin is?

It is good to see that some read to gain from this rag. I don't expect for you love the current administration but to obsess that it wants to see you put down squelched financially burdened is beyond most of our ability to comprehend.I am left debating the literacy of the HF/MB contributors and their perniciousness.

Readers. Get a grip and read something that you can accentuate the positive and make America a better place.

Read profiles in Conservatism….attempts to inform and palatable. It leaves you to form or initiate your own conclusion. I do agree with somethings Nunez presents, or is it better (more politically correct) I say I don't agree with what Nunes presents. Let's get positive and make the attempt to unify our underlying beliefs in this Republic not just our disappointments in the democratic form and make up of the governing body. We are the power, It is not!

39. Thomas M. Nigro Sr. says:

Thank God for free speech!

Let Rush rant and rave all he wants. His lachrymose diatribe is identical to a babies tantrum who's just had it's bottle taken away.

Hey Rush, either your part of the solution or your part of the problem!!

40. C Strasburger says:

Just one question…isn't the term "Obama Brain Trust" by definition, an oxymoron?

This "fairness doctorine" is neither. Rush Limbaugh…love him or hate him, at least, unlike libs/dems, from him you will always get the truth. I prefer reality to misguided ideology which has never worked anywhere in the world it has been tried. If you have at least some sense of intelligence, you too prefer reality to ignorance…

This country has lost its sense of history and reality and is becoming an embarrassement to itself, and we are headed for a major trainwreck with this new idiocy in DC.

41. H L PUCKETT says:

COMMENT CONCERNING HIRING LOBBYISTS, WELL MR OBAMA IS NO DIFFERENT THEN ALL THE POLITICIANS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE HIM, THEY ALL LIE . AND ALL ARE DECEITFUL, THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO GET WHAT THEY WANT AND IT IS NOT FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE MAJORITY, BUT FOR THEIR OWN AGENDA. THE GOP FAILED BECAUSE BUSH SCREWED UP SO BAD , WELL WE WILLBE ABLE TO CLEAN HOUSE MID TERM OF THE LIBERALS THAT ARE IN POWER NOW THEY ALWAYS SCREW UP SINCE FDR, WE ARE STILL PAYING FOR HIS MISTAKES

42. Nancy Chapman, Napl says:

Is anyone else ready to push for term limits? Isn't is time to eliminate the permanent political class that is entrenched in Wash. D.C. and is only concerned with perpetuating its own power?

43. John Nobles Jackso says:

at some point …some time … I just have to believe that the American people will get entirely fed up with the crap from both sides in Washington and some sort of groundswell will grow ..into a movement of actual honesty and good solid commen sense…It undoubtedly has to start at the local levels where real people ( not politicians ) can run and get elected .I pray that something happens soon to wake enough of us up..

44. Kent, Virginia says:

No one wants to hear a liberal talk show on radio, we get their point of view 24/7 from the so called news media.

Silence all dissent. Straight out of the fascist left unfair-playbook. If Rush didn't make a lot of sense to a lot of people he would not have an audience. Remember the lesson history teaches, "just because you have silenced someone doesn't mean you've converted him." The fascist left is making their move. National Socialism is on the march.

45. FulghumInk, Pinehur says:

This is what Hussein Obama means by "bipartisan support" and "getting along." It's called Chicago style thuggery. All he has to do is open his lying mouth and his Marxist socialist minnions become mobilized. It isn't a conspiracy, it is a concensus of resolve by like minds.

Hussein Obama has floated to where he is from a culture of death and destruction. It is a culture of death and destruction that supports him and his policies. He seeks to kill born alive babies with his support of lethal injections to those who have otherwise survived attempts on their little lives. He seeks to destroy freedom of speech if it is antithetical to his liberal rot. What can't be killed will be destroyed.

The reason they put the name of Rush Limbaugh on freedom of speech is so they can demonize that freedom by attaching a name to it. Once they do that, then the lying begins.

It is the same modus operandi used with the second amendment. They put a name on the second amendment and call it the NRA. Then, they seek to demonize and lie to destroy the right.

It is a sick collection of minds who daily sit around and try to figure how to destroy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

46. Ardell Nagle Rexburg says:

I watch the news and see nothing but how great Obama is. It nice to hear a different point a view. I don't agree with Rush all the time just has I didn't agree with Bush. But when it comes to a President who wants to shut down talk radio that's where I draw the line. We don't live in a country where if you oppose someone you should shut up. It sounds like China North Korea or Cuba.

Sure history was made but that is far as it goes. Nothing about Obama's plan makes sense. Talk Radio keep expressing the opinion of the other side.

47. Pingback: OBAMA’S CENSORSHIP « AMERICA TIMES

48. Pingback: Underheight.com » Blog Archive » The Stealth Plan to silence talk and Christian radio

49. Linda, Raleigh, NC says:

So, Sandi, Rush’s comments are treason, are they?

You do realize, don’t you, that under your own definition, everybody who ever said a word about George W. Bush, starting with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, have committed treason and would have to be removed from office, right?

Of course you didn’t; posters like you never do.

50. Scott Mansfield, San says:

The key to understanding why liberal talk radio is a failure is to be found in 'The Vision of the Anointed,' by Thomas Sowell.

Regardless of the topic, there is always the view of 'The Anointed,'which trumps all other views. SO what is there to discuss? Answer: NOTHING.

51. CR, Oklahoma City says:

Trevor Merchant Bronx New York. Please Please take off your caps lock if you want people to read your post.

I don't listen to Rush.But–for President Obama to tell me not to listen to Rush– is the heighth of arrogance. #1, just because we disagree with Obama doesn't mean we listen to Rush.#2, Obama has little regard for Rush, so he intends his comment to be an insult to everyone who disagrees with him.

Second, this rush to turn over all of President Bush's executive orders is clear proof that Barak Obama is in a mad dash to take the country to that far left corner called socialism.

It is amazing that the candidate who called for bipartisanship is doing all he can to promote his personal agenda. The majority didn't listen when it was said of the Senate that Obama was the most liberal Senator. Now we see the proof is in the pudding.

Obama's downfall will come right after his pride reaches the top rung of the ladder. Which shouldn't be too long at this rate.

52. HR Waltner, Duluth, says:

Is America finally waking up? Obama sent plenty of signals during the campaign that the so-called "Fairness Doctrine" was coming back! There were attacks on Hannity – and now Rush. Pelosi even said she considering legislation to re-enact it. If anyone thought the Bush Administrative was corrupt and engaged in stealth practices, you ain't seen nothing yet!

53. George Cozart, Fruit says:

The fairness doctrine is nothing but censorship of conservative thought and speech in violation of one of the fundamental principals of the constitution.

54. Jonathan Johnson, WV says:

The comment by Rush right on, the media has successfully taken him out of context, again. What is unfortunate is there are individuals that are naive enough to believe, and allow themselves to be misled by the media, and this current administration, that Rush wants President Obama to fail. It is the policies that must not succeed if we want America to succeed in coming forth and remaining the “shining city on the hill” that allows all Americans the opportunity to succeed and realize their own version of the American dream.

I encourage those that have listened or taken Rush Limbaugh out of context to listen to the full version of his comments and not allow themselves to be deceived and appear to be uninformed.

To make the assertion that Rush made a treasonous statement is ill-informed and overtly naïve. One need not look any further than our current administration to see treasonous statements and actions. Taxation being patriotic, spreading the wealth, socializing medicine, and lest we not forget one trillion dollars they want to spend in the guise of stimulus.

God help and Bless our nation.

55. Spiritof76, New Hamp says:

I started listening to Rush a couple of years ago and I agree with many of the things that he discusses on air. I am for the US Constitution and it is not recognizable now. We have become a socialist country and pretty soon, with the removal of freedom of speech we are destined to become a Marxist state. That is not what I wanted for myself and for my children.

If you don't like listening to Rush you have the option of tuning to PBS, NBC, etc. where they worship Obama.

When Comrade Obama and his commie minions start silencing opposition, we need to unite and fight for our ideals as our founding fathers did. How can anybody on the left call themselves Americans when what they support is nothing more than piling debt and poverty on our children and grandchildren under the name of stimulus package? We are headed into a currency bubble. The dollar will become worthless and will be thrown out as a reserve currency. When that happens we are finished. We need to prepare ourselves to lose everything to uphold our values!

56. Jan from Utah, says:

I think all those who support the republican congress for there vote against the pork filled stimulus package should write your congessman a thank you note with a donation of what ever you can afford. That goes for the democrates that voted against it too. We should do this everytime they vote the way we the people want them to vote. The power of praise, will go a long way. Please blog this or pass it on to everyone you can. Lets take back our country.

57. val,houston,texas says:

hey heritagefoundation keep up your vigilance..i love what you guys are doing..keep up the good work because we have a long road ahead of us..take care and God Bless..

58. Bill, Missouri says:

The foundation of our democracy is on trial with this administration. You may not agree with a lot of people that speak their opinion, but remember freedom of speech, It's a right guranteed by our constitution, the supreme law of the land. This administration is trying to undermine the very foundation this country was founded on. The president was not elected to go after private citizens that happens to disagree with him, if this is what he wants to do move to Russia.

59. Barb -mn says:

Rush, and every American loving freedom and her principles and values, are inspirations that EVERYONE can build their dreams on their own using their own God given brains.

Interference to Obama's Oppressive agenda. Obama can stay out of everyone's business and bring back the opportunities that were STRIPPED FROM AMERICA. But that would strengthen the country.

Radio talk shows like Rush are a voice to the voiceless. Rush confirms exactly what we see and hear from the libs and what every American needs to see and hear…THEIR LIES AND THE TRUTH YOU DON'T SEE AND HEAR. Something obviously this government wants to keep to themselves and their creator.

60. James G, Hayes, VA says:

If they try to shut down our talk radio this way we should shut down every useless inuendo laden morning show with the wacky DJ's doing bits and fake phone calls. It can work both ways if we get mad enough. And also any airhead station that plays "the best of the 70's, 80's and 90's" What's more offensive, Rush or Madonna? How are those stations meeting local needs more than top rated talk radio?

61. James Lawrenceville says:

Sandi,just listen to the left talk on radio.Before Obama,it was the same about Bush.Hell,even Lynn Samuels thinks Obama is a moderate.Ha!What do you want,the Tsar news agency.What makes America great is the right to disagree without the worry of being arrested by the opposition.We can all agree to disagree.If you start silenceing,then our republic is truely doomed.I don't agree with all the left's policies,but then again I didn't with all of Bushes.I don't know y the left hates him so much.He spent more than Clinton.Whatch what u wish for.The Brown shirts might be around the corner.If u don't know what that is then do some research back to late 20's to 30's Germany.They became the Gestapo.I seem to remember Obama saying we need a national defense force that's equal to our armed forces.Hmmm.As Alfred E Neuman said.What me worry.All I know is when u go out of the way to silence opposition,then Fidel and Hugo get a hard on.Not to mention the likes of Putin Kim Jong,and whatever dong or chong.Sorry meaning no disrespect.I think the PC crap is bullshit anyway.You can call me a dumbass white bigoted redneck if u want.It doesn't bother me.I'm actually well educated.Hell I would love to see a full black president.Someone like Thomas Sowell or Herman Cain would do fine.They get it.Capitalism is not a dirty word,but uneeded debt is.As Jefferson said any man that would leave his kids unbridelled debt is immoral.They should be hanged.I would be happy to buy the rope for all.

62. cynthia overland, sa says:

I have read all previous comments and am gratified by most for their fierce love of individual liberty and self-reliance. Other comments saddened and mystified me because they represent a total lack of knowledge of history and certainly lack of insight into human nature. Those of us who are true conservatives recognize that the government WAS NOT designed and SHOULD NEVER have been allowed to become the mega-Papa- cradle-to-grave provider it has become. Read your free copy of the Constitution. It's there and simply put as well. This dependence on the government for everything makes us children dependent on parents to make all of our decisions and to provide all our necessities because we are too weak and too stupid to live as adults. That inspired document (the Declaration of Indep.) states that is our solemn duty to defy such tyranny. Just because this socialist revolution was bloodless doesn't make it any less tyrannical. Instead of nitpicking and fighting amongst ourselves, like-minded Americans should unite, turn off the boob tube, read the real facts about these dropouts from clown college in Washington, and vote them out! The next four years will be the test of whether or not the country our fathers fought for will continue or whether our grandchildren will exist only to work for "the state." If this site is being monitored for thoughts that are mutinious to the present regime—my name and address are listed in the phone book. Come and get me!

63. Loyal Eagle, Florida says:

I would find calling the Fairness Doctrine “fair” rather comical if it were not so frightening. Those who read it know it’s a method of controlling free speech. Those who haven’t read it defend it with Democratic talking points or insults. Such behavior let’s you know who’s who, doesn’t it?

When Rush is ready to march on Washington, count me in.

64. WLeit, Ohio says:

Rush, Sean, Levine, Reagan, Beck, etc. just tell it like it is. Throw the gag on Oberman and the Left controlled media. I for one, took an oath to defend the Constitution and am prepared to do so, along with many of my veteran brothers and sisters. Please, bring it on!

65. Nancy/Florida says:

Mr. Obama and others have an awful lot of nerve saying who we should and should not listen to. Freedom of speech; only when it agrees with yours? God gave us freedoom, don't let anyone take that away from you.

66. Joe Kody, Yorba Lind says:

Speak out America, Keep up the Great Work Rush!

Do not let the Liberal Media overstep their responsibilities and suppress our freedom of speech. They did it with Joe the Plumber, but Rush is too strong for them. We haven't heard the end of them, let's not be silent anymore! We lost at the ballot box, now they want our businesses and so much more. I do not want a Socialistic Governemnt, and the growing debt service will force this issue. Watch, Listen Speak Out!

67. Jerry says:

In regards to Sandi from Colorada she should feel the same about the Democratic party. They have supported a socialist who will destroy our country. They are all guilty of treason if you really think it through. The democratic congress will not help destroy our country. Check the history books and see who has done more to harm and change America than the democrates. Look at Scocial Security,labor unions,Carter , Barney Franks and the list goes on and on. wake up Sandi

68. Dennsi A. Social Cir says:

This is just normal for the socialist party [dems]. They do not want anyone to voice an opinion if it does not fit their way of thinking. Obama is in the mist of the mix, the liberal news media elected him four years ago, and will continue to uphold his way regardless of what happens. Well the CONSTITUTION still guarantees the freedom of speech, so if that speech is right or wrong we are still able to give our opinion on what ever.Many have died for that right and many more will in the future, FREEDOM IS NOT NOW OR WILL EVER BE FREE!!!!

69. paula Boston MA says:

I am so proud of the Republicans Voting Against the pork filled "stimulus" plan. Is there any way that we can Email them an "atta boy" all at once. I don't have time to call & email each one indivually because I have a JOB! Unlike the wackos on the left I work!

If government could create 4 million jobs at will, don't you think that someone in the past 200 years would have thought of it already! Its called socialism and it does not work! Just ask Russia & China!

Obama and the left have been working on this radical plan since the 60's. They use Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky as their bible. All this talk about "change" and "middle class / working families" is a euphimism for nanny state, bigger government,spread the wealth, socialized medicine etc. Of course the radical left has ruined the public schools so that they could Dumb down America. So forget the young.

We, the silent majority are going to have to stand up and fight. The guy who wrote about attending his local Republican meeting is absolutely correct. It starts at the Grass roots level. That is the one thing that the left is correct about. It starts at the local, grass roots level!

Thank God for the Heritage Foundation!

70. Richard Reynolds Hun says:

Should we really question what the financial institutions are doing when they are only following the example set for them by our country's leaders?

Please research the fact that the Democratic Leadership is screaming about extras such as Citi Bank's New Jet, the remodeling of offices at Merrill Lynch, etc. and yet Pelosi has her private jet to take her around the country and Obama has a decorator from the stars in Hollywood redecorating the White House and lets not forget the 140-150 million that was just spent on the innaugaration. We must have leadership by example in America .Is this why we need the stimulus? or is it part of the stimulus?

71. tommy young douglas says:

I can't believe the American people elected obama,the libs pulled the wool over the eyes of America

72. Rhonda from Michiga says:

Once a government is committed to the principal of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, untill it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.

Harry S. Truman Aug.8 1950

73. Darren B, Garland, T says:

Rush Limbaugh is a private citizen who is entitled to say what he wants. He makes sense to a lot of people. If he didn't, no one would listen to him. Anyone who wants to can start a radio program provided they have the money/support to do it. The problem with Rush is that he really is correct about a lot of things and too many people simply don't wnat their errors exposed. The angry responses expose who really has the problem. If he's lying, it doesn't matter and you can go your merry way. If he's telling the truth, then get with the program and clean up your act.

74. John, Colorado says:

Here's my 2 cents worth on current/new Republican Party leadership:

1. Get rid of anybody who was involved in crafting McCain's campaign.

2. Nobody espousing moderate views should be allowed to be in charge of anything.

I think McCain deliberately tied up the Republican nomination, and did not intend to win, but rather make sure a true Republican did not get the nomination.

I think this 'conspiracy' extends to a lot of high ranking Republicans. It's a show put on to make it look like there is a contest, when in reality, they are all a bunch of socialists.

Yeah, I'm radical alright. I've gone off floride drugs; none in the bathing or drinking water, none in the toothpaste. Laugh all you want, as you soak in and imbibe them and put them under your tongue.

75. Carol, New Hampshire says:

Our country is being destroyed by the left. Everyday I see that we are somehow being sold out and slowly our freedoms are being taken away. In this country Rush is supposed to have the same freedom of speech as Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want the government telling me who I can and can't listen to and running my life, I think that it's close to happening now! By the way Big Government, close the border NOW, bad things are happening down there and you are turning the other way and ignoring it!!!!!

76. Alberto, Texas says:

I agree with John in Colorado. I mentioned to my wife the other day (and she agreed with me) that it seemed to me that McCain did not really want to win the election. I fear that left has just executed a non military coup and our country will no longer be a free country. In short order they will be establishing a socialist state. They will also open the borders so that every downtrodden that wants in will be in. They will all be democrats of course.

77. Carolyn PA says:

Rush limbaugh is a great American, most people are still sleeping as if they have no idea what is happenning to America. So involved with the Obama crusade are just neive people that do not have a real life. Just listen before you judge if it werent for persons on the radio telling us what is happenning or will happen is the greates thing on this earth. We need to keep Rush up and running as well as Sean Hannity and Glen Beck.

Get a grip on life, wake up and smell the flowers.

I would rather have my freedom than a bailout.

78. Pingback: OBAMA’S CENSORSHIP & CONTROL…ulterior desire of all leftists « FactReal

79. Pingback: Obama Attacks Rush « Emptysuit