• Room Full of Obama Lovers Love Obama's Health Care Plan

That is not the headline to the New York Times story on one of Obama’s Potemkin ‘health care community discussions’ today, but it should be. Here are some highlights from the article:

When a dozen consumers gathered over the weekend to discuss health care at the behest of President-elect Barack Obama, they quickly agreed on one point: they despise health insurance companies.

They also agreed that health care was a right; that insurance should cover “everything,” not just some services; and that coverage should be readily available from the government, as well as from employers.

Those were the conclusions of a house party held here in Northern Virginia at the home of Karima Hijane and Theodore A. Kolovos, information technology consultants who have been married for seven years.

“We have to keep the momentum going,” said Ms. Hijane, 34, who was a volunteer in the Obama campaign and is active in women’s health advocacy.

One of the people seated around Ms. Hijane’s dining room table, Bruce D. Chatman, worked for I.B.M. for 29 years. Corporations, he said, have too much influence in the legislative process and the health care system. He wants to counterbalance their power with the energy and passion of citizens lobbying for themselves.

Mr. Chatman, a Chicago native who lives in Fort Washington, Md., said he had been inspired by Mr. Obama’s book “The Audacity of Hope” and started working for his campaign as a volunteer in April 2007.

Alex R. Lawson, a volunteer in the Obama campaign now trying to build public support for Mr. Obama’s agenda, said a public plan would give people a choice they do not have.

And let’s not forget the entire point of these ‘discussions’:

The Obama transition team asked for “particularly poignant stories to highlight the need for health care reform,” and such stories were abundant at the round table here.

Mission Accomplished!

Posted in Obamacare [slideshow_deploy]

8 Responses to Room Full of Obama Lovers Love Obama's Health Care Plan

1. Pingback: Deck the Halls With Odes to Socialized Medicine « Conservative Thoughts and Profundity

2. Linwood Boudreaux Ho says:

Since Obama was born in Africa how can he be a President of this Country? I just do not understand how the people of this country can be so stupid and blind

3. Norm from Left Coast says:

President Bush had some ideas on health insurance that sounded plausible. However he did not stand behind them. This was disappointing. $670 each month on a $30,000 income is becoming more difficult and the Bush proposal was not even debated. It is also becoming more evident that I will be glad to pay the price each month to have the choices I currently have, as compared to the pres elect's plan.

4. Anne Cooper, Roswell says:

I do belief Obama is great on talking but knows little or cares little about reality. (His thinking seems to be: anything to get the votes, why should I worry about the nation going bankrupt. It not my money.) The US is already over or head in debt. Any more taxes and it will do all of us in. We don't have insurance and we are poor but we don't expect the governemnt to take care of us. We care about what will happen to this country. I have seen public health care in other countries. It doesn't work. As an example: Germany is going back to private health care, Canada has been unable to support the system for several years, If you like long lines and poor health care, would you please move to somewhere were there is public healthcare,don't bring it here! It does speak volumes about Obama if he knows the US is up to it ears in problems and he want to inflict public health care on us.

5. Barb -mn says:

The problem is…peoples' unwillingness to grasp REALITY. Unfortunate for us, as it is leaders of authority in the American government. And it is president elect Barack Obama…in all areas.

6. Stuart Good, Greensb says:

Health care is NOT a right. Don't let liberals get away with that statement. No one can have a right to something produced by the labors of others. Granting that right would ultimately make slaves of the providers, and I do believe we outlawed that some time ago.

7. Victoria, Alexandria says:

A dear sweet friend of mine is from Spain. She could never understand my pronounced alarm at the idea of a 'socialist' president, and national health care, assuring me that, Spain has had a socialist style government and national health care for years! When asked why she doesn't live in her country that she loves and misses so much, she told me,'The economy has been terrible for years, there are no jobs'. To which, I rest my case.

8. All I know is that I am eployed at a big Pharmaceutical company in Clayton NC and I endroce Barack Obama with all my energy. I invite all my friends and colleagues to re-elect Obama in 2012!! I LOVE YOU OBAMA