• Enjoy That Bacon Cheeseburger While You Still Can

bacon-cheeseburger.jpg

When environment ministers from 187 nations gather in Poznan, Poland next week to hammer out the next Kyoto global warming agreement, a new item will be featured on the policy menu: meat. The New York Times reports:

The trillions of farm animals around the world generate 18 percent of the emissions that are raising global temperatures, according to United Nations estimates, more even than from cars, buses and airplanes.

“It’s an area that’s been largely overlooked,” said Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, head of the Nobel Prize-winning United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. He says people should eat less meat to control their carbon footprints. “We haven’t come to grips with agricultural emissions.”

[P]roposals include everything from persuading consumers to eat less meat to slapping a “sin tax” on pork and beef.

It really should not be that surprising that the obesity police and the enviro/left central planners would join forces to control what you eat. They both know what is best for us and they both can’t wait to use the power of the state to make us behave accordingly. So if you live on the west coast, rush on down to your local IN-N-OUT while you still can. And if you don’t live on the west coast … move.

Posted in Energy [slideshow_deploy]

9 Responses to Enjoy That Bacon Cheeseburger While You Still Can

1. Dennis Aderholt Soci says:

This is so stupid. I beleive I make my up my own mind about what I eat. This sounds like PETA tring to get in on the meat thing. They can eat what they want, do not tell me what I can eat. The animals were here before us, and the Bible tell me that man has dominion over them

2. Roxanna, Mariposa, C says:

Anthropogenic global warming is the hoax of the ages. The ongoing global economic crisis has convinced people that they don't want to get even poorer in order to "fix" this non-existent problem.

Unless the Powers That Be grasp this fact and soon, they just might not be the Powers That Be anymore.

3. Barb -mn says:

And what will they force the underweight people to eat? This is an ongoing set up to nationalized healthcare. It will bring down alot of private businesses!

This has been on my mind for a while. What types of fertilizer are farmers using today? HUMAN EXCREMENT? Be careful everyone. I've smelt some bad produce that we did get ill from after cooking it. There's a way to kill us off, eh?

4. Darvin Dowdy says:

Everything is going according to plan. Soon outside, foreign org's both governmental and non-governmental will have access, input and say as to how "our" nation is governed. If you have time I recommend this essay by John Fonte (Hudson Institute): http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GU
      He has given the internationalists a name – the Transnational Progressives or "transies". I wish Heritage would focus more on this horrifying trend. I want to encourage them to do so. Darvin Dowdy

5. Pingback: Enjoy That Bacon Cheeseburger While You Still Can « Conservative Thoughts and Profundity

6. Michael, Ogden, UT says:

Every time I see crap like this, it makes me hungry for a big, fat, juicy hamburger. I'm going out today and have a Carl's Jr. double Six Dollar Burger. That's like one full pound of climate changing decadence. Thanks, climate cops, for reminding me of what's important. Maybe for dinner, I'll fly home to California so I can go to Black Angus and treat myself to some prime rib.

7. Pingback: What’s Next? Two-Ply Need Not Apply « Prayer, News & Action

8. Pingback: What’s Next? Two-Ply Need Not Apply | Conservative Principles Now

9. Sunny, New York says:

Actually this makes a lot of sense. It takes nearly 5 acres of farmland to feed the animals to support one human being, whereas it only takes 1/2 acre of plants to feed one person. Seems a little ridiculous to waste all that food and land, not to mention all the fuel wasted to process the animals, plus the methane gas released from the animals themselves. America alone uses 30% of the world's resources and could frankly stand to lose a serious amount of weight. If you want to go with the whole "god" thing, then it is a sin against humanity that things like the "six dollar burger" exist. Eat a salad instead, and avoid eating meat that has been laced with pesticide, pumped with antibotics, mixed with fecal matter, and has been slowly decomposing for the days or weeks before it made it into your mouth. You'll end up healthier (and less fat) and the world doesn't have to suffer for your excess. Everybody wins!