• Fairness Doctrine Rears Its Head Again

Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-NM) went on the Jim Villanucci Show on Tuesday and lauded the “more intelligent level” of public discussion that the Fairness Doctrine fostered in decades past. Bingaman obviously doesn’t believe the Fairness Doctrine gives Americans a raw deal. Hear it for yourself below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veF2KNlHW6w[/youtube]

Posted in Economics [slideshow_deploy]

6 Responses to Fairness Doctrine Rears Its Head Again

1. Barb MN says:

What's the difference in the ratings and who is this man to say RADIO AND MEDIA have a higher calling? Talk radio has differences of opinions. Media has lost their credibility because they're influenced by the government. And as I assume most stations are privately owned this is just another way of government to control the industry. Nobody listens to government stations. He wants to keep people from the truth and hike the expense to taxpayers. Government is always getting into someones business it's time they keep out of private business and let the business prosper without government hand-outs!

2. Lew (Minnesota) says:

Senator Bingaman is another "mule" out kicking up his heels setting up reinstatement of Fairness Doctrine if Obama wins….what a loser. Just another low-rated lawyer turned politician that couldn't make a decent living as a private lawyer. Now all of you can see why the Land of Enchantment (New Mexico) has taken the path of government endowments and restricted private businesses from flourishing.

3. Don, MI says:

Fairness is not subjective. It has to be judged by someone. The last place I would look to get that judgment is government bureaucrats. I'm afraid it's just too tempting for for fairness to be biased, dare I say corrupted, by political power.

No thanks. I can make my own decisions about what I want to listen to. Keep government out of it. I trust the people to judge what is truthful and useful.

4. Kristine, Minneapoli says:

What is wrong with people? Do they really think they are rulers, and we are subjects? That we cannot think for ourselves? Gee, I must be too ignorant to turn the dial on the radio….please can the government do it for me? *shudders*

I guess I must have been raised on another planet. Work hard, take care of your obligations, vote.

With the way things are going, I can soon quit my job, live off the government and listen to a state run radio and watch state run television. Who knew Orwell would be so eerily acurate.

The 'Fairness' Doctrine is NOT fair in a FREE country.

5. Della in SC says:

Can anyone spell Hugo Chavez? Or the Cuban brothers Castro? Better yet, how about Socialism or Communism? Pick the title of your choice because the score at the end of the game will still be the same!

6. Gene Laabs says:

If this politician thinks the fairness doctrine should be reinstated why stop with radio. This election should show anyone that the media of all discriptions is bias. That's called freedom!! If you can't think for yourself look for another place where the government will think for you. Check out Iran. They just locked up a US citizen for researching womens rights in that country. You can't have it both ways!!