• Go Bills!

Tim Russert
    The Heritage Foundation is greatly saddened to hear of the passing of Tim Russert. We extend our deepest sympathies to the Russerts and the entire NBC News family.

Posted in Ongoing Priorities [slideshow_deploy]

14 Responses to Go Bills!

1. Gabe & Gayle Me says:

A giant has been lost to us all. Our warm sympathies to Mr. Russerts Family.

2. Steve Houston Tx says:

A very sad day. We lost a streight shooter. My sympathies to Mr. Russerts Family.

3. A. Anderson, Tooele says:

We, The People of Earth, are diminished by the loss of one of the last of the genuine journalists of our time. His wit, wisdom, integrity, along with his fairness and his never-ending respect for ALL human beings, has touched the lives of us all. Maureen and Luke, I celebrate this Father's Day for Him.

4. Jen Ezzell, CT says:

We feel as if we, too, have lost a family member, Tim was in our home many a times on Sunday mornings. There isn't any replacement for him. We are so saddened by his passing.

Maureen and Luke, know that we all feel grieved by this and may you take comfort in knowing he was well loved, respected, and admired by so many of us, and will not be forgotten.

5. L. Castle, Al says:

I will miss him so much. Tim, made me feel like he cared what we though as American citizens. He would ask the hard questions that the other newsman would not. It did not matter to him Left or Right, Republican or Democrat, just an honest answer for his questions. I will miss that. My heart goes out to his family. You can know Tim loved his family by the shine he had in his face and eyes whenever he spoke of them. May GOD's peace and love be with you now. May HIS arms be around you to carry you through this terrible time.

6. Maria D'Agostin says:

My prayers to the Russet family in there time of sorrow. A great Man has been lost but never forgotton.

7. Billy, IL says:

My sincere condolences to the Russert. Mr Russert, you will be missed by all.

8. Michael Smith , Harr says:

I was so sorry to hear about the passing of Tim,,,A real Giant!

He will be greatly missed!

9. Cal & Wendy Boi says:

Our deepest sympathies to Mr. Russert's family and friends. We will keep you in our prayers and may God comfort you during this difficult time.

10. Sarah Nowell says:

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of Tim.

What a loss this will be to millions of people

and the NBC Family.

Sunday mornings will never be the same.

He was such a great American.

I cannot imagine the elections this fall without him.

God Bless and my thoughts and prayers are with the

Russet family

11. Linda Jones, St. Geo says:

My great sympathies to the Russert family. Tim Russert was a great man and is not replaceable in his family, in his profession, or in his country. A man or honor, integrity and exuberance is now gone.

12. Ed Burley Traverse C says:

Tim Russert was a great journalist and a great American. His blue-collar Catholic roots were what made the Democrat Party a once great party, until it was taken over by others. Tim's never ending belief in the citizens of our country, and his appropriate cynicism of the political leadership of both parties, made him one-of-a-kind. I can't think of anyone that could fill his shoes at Meet the Press. No one.

blessings to the Russert family at the loss of their husband and father.

Ed Burley, MA LLPC

13. Bill, OK City, OK says:

Many things have been said these past couple days since his passing but I think something has been left out. This man was a role model, something that I do not see of those who are public figures.

I believe no one can attain this outpouring without Chacter. Not text book Character or some jerk sales pitch Character of a politician. From all accounts he was a man of integrity and walked his talk. Thank God for this man and those like him who go unnoticed.

14. Nancy Beauregard Hou says:

I want to convey my deepest regrets of Mr. Russert passing it's a difficult time and I know he's living with his Lord. My words aren't comforting I had hoped I could express myself better. I recently lost my Mother and my Papa several years ago so I do understand the emotional pain turn your turmoil over to our Lord and it's within his love you'll find peace. I'm a Conservative but found Mr.Russert to be a very fair minded man for whom I had deep respect for he will surely be missed. Take care and May God Bless All of you! Nancy